Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
1814 replies to this topic

#81 LindoBride2009

LindoBride2009
  • Newbie
  • 126 posts

    Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:51 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by beachbride08
    I was going to use the candle holders and rose petals on the dinner tables. Depending on how many we use I may have them use the extras in the Vitrales Room. I'm hoping people will just be dancing in there so I wasn't too concerned about decorations there.
    That's what I was planning on doing first & then I started second guessing myself.
    Carla & Terry ~ April 9, 2009
    http://tickers.Ticke....c779/event.png

    #82 LindoBride2009

    LindoBride2009
    • Newbie
    • 126 posts

      Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:53 AM

      Michelle - I just noticed your ticker...less than 2 months, so exciting!!
      Carla & Terry ~ April 9, 2009
      http://tickers.Ticke....c779/event.png

      #83 beachbride08

      beachbride08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,372 posts

        Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:52 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by LindoBride2009
        Michelle - I just noticed your ticker...less than 2 months, so exciting!!
        I know! It is so crazy how fast time goes by. We just had our shower yesterday and it was 2 months to the day for our wedding. I just ordered our raffia fans now that we finally have the final guest count since everyone has booked their trip. I don't know if you say the custom cake topper that jenleopard posted, but I just paid a deposit to have one made. I was torn if I was going to get a topper. I liked the swarovski crystal letters, but they were SO expensive. I've hit my limit of DIY projects so I was glad to find that one. It was cute, reasonably priced, and personalized. I still need to finish our wedding programs. I have the template done I just need to print out a sample to make sure I have the spacing and margins right before I start printing the final ones out for cutting and assembly. I need to finalize our menu and print out the menu cards. I got white table tents from PaperSource and am just going to print a few menus on card stock and glue to the table tents and place a few along the length of each table. I still need to find some maracas to tie the placecards to. I need to get the fake rings and glue those and the ribbon to the seashells for the ring bearers. I need to put together the welcome letters and itineraries. OMG-I have so much to do!
        Michelle

        #84 LyssaB80

        LyssaB80
        • Newbie
        • 22 posts

          Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:18 PM

          Hey Michelle - we are actually doing Maracas for the place settings as well - I found some here

          7'' GENUINE MEXICAN MARACAS from Windy City Novelties

          I liked these because they were fairly inexpensive but didn't look as cheap as most of the ones I have seen.....not sure if this is what you are looking for but I know I like to have as many options as possible!!

          #85 Tracy

          Tracy
          • Jr. Member
          • 281 posts

            Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:43 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by briscoecrown
            Hi Ladies... I'm so thrilled that I came across this thread. I'm an Iberostar bride too.... June 5, 2009 at the Maya.
            Thanks for posting all of this useful info (pics of bouquets, sample ceremonies, etc).

            I have so many concerns about the reception (thought I was the only one)..... the linens, the Vitrales (?) room vs the disco, centerpeices, etc. I know I still have time, but I'm constantly thinking about it. I can't help it!

            The starfish tealight holders look really nice. The idea of them surrounding a flower arrangement is fantastic. That should look good, not to mention romantic. Let's not forget it's lightweight and can be transported easily. Candlelight sets a sexy tone.

            I can't wait to see some of your pics. I have no idea what any of the restaurants look like, much less know what they serve. But, like others have mentioned, I heard the Steakhouse was good and provides a little bit of privacy.

            I'm really trying hard not to get too ahead of myself with the planning. I don't want to take on too many tasks at once. I sent out my STDs about two months ago. Now, I'm working on the boarding pass invites (thanks to this site). I'm also making a final decision about which type of OOT bag to use & which logo looks best on it.

            Ok, I feel as though I'm rambling on now... again, thanks for the thread & I'm sure I'll be a regular here.

            Hi Mabila - a word of caution - i would avoid the Disco as an option if possible. I was there in May for a vacation, and the disco is pretty cheesy (star wars theme). and pretty dark (unless you guys like that theme)....i would definintely recommend a restaurant as a better option. Thanks

            #86 beachbride08

            beachbride08
            • VIP Member
            • 2,372 posts

              Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:02 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by LyssaB80
              Hey Michelle - we are actually doing Maracas for the place settings as well - I found some here

              7'' GENUINE MEXICAN MARACAS from Windy City Novelties

              I liked these because they were fairly inexpensive but didn't look as cheap as most of the ones I have seen.....not sure if this is what you are looking for but I know I like to have as many options as possible!!
              These are cute! I will probably end up ordering these. They are the nicest ones I've seen so far.
              Michelle

              #87 briscoecrown

              briscoecrown
              • Newbie
              • 132 posts

                Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:57 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Tracy
                Hi Mabila - a word of caution - i would avoid the Disco as an option if possible. I was there in May for a vacation, and the disco is pretty cheesy (star wars theme). and pretty dark (unless you guys like that theme)....i would definintely recommend a restaurant as a better option. Thanks
                OMG -- Star Wars!?!?!? Absolultely not for my wedding!! By all means, I WILL AVOID THE DISCO!!! lol Say no more, a restaurant it is!!!

                Thanks!

                #88 briscoecrown

                briscoecrown
                • Newbie
                • 132 posts

                  Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:11 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by beachbride08
                  I was going to use the candle holders and rose petals on the dinner tables. Depending on how many we use I may have them use the extras in the Vitrales Room. I'm hoping people will just be dancing in there so I wasn't too concerned about decorations there.

                  As far as the reception, I was thinking the same thing.... I want to concentrate on decorating the dinner tables. I figured that since people will be sitting down, the focus would be more on the table itself (& then maybe the newlyweds ).

                  Does anyone know if the Maya/Lindo has a location where we could have an 'all in one' reception (dinner, dancing, cake cutting, etc)? Besides the Disco, of course!

                  BTW, the maracas look authentic. Good choice!

                  #89 beachbride08

                  beachbride08
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,372 posts

                    Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:18 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by briscoecrown
                    As far as the reception, I was thinking the same thing.... I want to concentrate on decorating the dinner tables. I figured that since people will be sitting down, the focus would be more on the table itself (& then maybe the newlyweds ).

                    Does anyone know if the Maya/Lindo has a location where we could have an 'all in one' reception (dinner, dancing, cake cutting, etc)? Besides the Disco, of course!

                    BTW, the maracas look authentic. Good choice!
                    I was told that the Lindo/Maya only offers the semi private dinner and then you can rent the disco or Vitrales room for reception. However, I thought I read somewhere that depending on your group size you can rent the conference center so I'm not too sure. I know at the Del Mar you can rent the Tropical Restaurant (open air) for a private dinner and reception for $800, but you have to be having your wedding there.
                    Michelle

                    #90 sunset78

                    sunset78
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,280 posts

                      Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:37 PM

                      SPECIAL EVENTS (NOT INCLUDED) for the Lindo/Maya



                      Cocktail Party (price per person per hour)

                      Cocktail Party for groups larger than 20 people
                      Includes international open bar US$ 6 p/p p/h
                      Includes international open bar & appetizers US$ 12 p/p p/h


                      Aqua Bar "Las Olas * groups larger than 20 people
                      Shopping Center Square * groups larger than 40 people
                      Includes international open bar US$ 6 p/p p/h
                      Includes international open bar & appetizers US$ 12 p/p p/h

                      DJ (to be paid in cash) US$ 100

                      Galaxy Disco Rental (from 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm) for groups composed by 40 people or more

                      Open bar included for 40 people (subject to availability) US$ 500
                      DJ (to be paid in cash) US$ 100
                      Per extra person US$ 12

                      Cocktail party (price per hour). Includes international open bar $ 7 USD pp / ph. Includes international bar and canap©s $ 12 USD pp / ph


                      Private room ”Los Vitrales” after wedding dinner ( 8.30pm – 10.30pm) including international bar and DJ)


                      Groups composed up to 20 people. “Los Vitrales” room renting $ 50 USD. DJ $ 50 USD, includes international open bar, $ 7 USD pp / ph, includes international bar and canap©s $ 12 USD pp / ph


                      Group composed for more than 20 people, DJ $ 50 USD, includes international open bar $ 7 USD pp / ph, includes international bar and canap©s $ 12 USD pp / ph




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users