Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
1814 replies to this topic

#71 sschano

sschano
  • Newbie
  • 11 posts

    Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:47 PM

    Does anyone have any general information about the Iberostar Lindo? I'm getting married there Oct. 5th which is only about 4 weeks away!! I am looking for ideas of how to decorate the Vitrales room that we rented, and also any other info that you guys have.

    We are having a pretty small ceremony, a total of about 27 including my fiance and myself. I want to keep it intimate, but I'm sure there are things that I am not thinking of. For example, is anyone planning on using the spa for getting hair/nails done?

    #72 luckyj711

    luckyj711
    • Newbie
    • 39 posts

      Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:19 PM

      The WC at del Mar is very responsive. Reyna answers my silly questions several times a week. If you email her she should answer you with a day or two.

      #73 Tracy

      Tracy
      • Jr. Member
      • 281 posts

        Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:52 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by sschano
        Does anyone have any general information about the Iberostar Lindo? I'm getting married there Oct. 5th which is only about 4 weeks away!! I am looking for ideas of how to decorate the Vitrales room that we rented, and also any other info that you guys have.

        We are having a pretty small ceremony, a total of about 27 including my fiance and myself. I want to keep it intimate, but I'm sure there are things that I am not thinking of. For example, is anyone planning on using the spa for getting hair/nails done?
        Hi, i talked to a girl Amy who got married at the Del Mar in August, and she used the spa (same spa is used for all 5 resorts) and she said although they were pricey they did a fantastic job and the place was beautiful. She had her hair and make-up done there. She did recommend booking it several days if not weeks in advance, as they tend to fill up quickly. That made me feel better - i'd been worried about the quality of the spa, and having someone I didn't know do my hair and make-up for the first time.

        #74 Tracy

        Tracy
        • Jr. Member
        • 281 posts

          Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:52 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by luckyj711
          The WC at del Mar is very responsive. Reyna answers my silly questions several times a week. If you email her she should answer you with a day or two.
          Funny...she must get silly questions all day long, but I too send her questions at least 2 or 3 times/week. I don't know how she keeps us all straight.

          #75 beachbride08

          beachbride08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,372 posts

            Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:27 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Tracy
            Hi, i talked to a girl Amy who got married at the Del Mar in August, and she used the spa (same spa is used for all 5 resorts) and she said although they were pricey they did a fantastic job and the place was beautiful. She had her hair and make-up done there. She did recommend booking it several days if not weeks in advance, as they tend to fill up quickly. That made me feel better - i'd been worried about the quality of the spa, and having someone I didn't know do my hair and make-up for the first time.
            The WC should be able to book your appointment in advance as well. I'm going to have a hair trial done with my stylist at home before we leave for Mexico. I will have her take some pictures of the final style to bring with me. I have a few inspiration pics that I like, but she knows my hair the best. Plus, I don't know if I want to wear my headpiece and veil or just a flower so I'd rather get that decision out of the way in advance rather than trying multiple looks on the wedding day when I'm sure we'll be pressed for time.
            Michelle

            #76 LindoBride2009

            LindoBride2009
            • Newbie
            • 126 posts

              Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:48 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by sschano
              Does anyone have any general information about the Iberostar Lindo? I'm getting married there Oct. 5th which is only about 4 weeks away!! I am looking for ideas of how to decorate the Vitrales room that we rented, and also any other info that you guys have.

              We are having a pretty small ceremony, a total of about 27 including my fiance and myself. I want to keep it intimate, but I'm sure there are things that I am not thinking of. For example, is anyone planning on using the spa for getting hair/nails done?
              I did the dream paradise package so I think the test & ceremony hairstyle was included in that. I've heard amazing things about the stylists there.
              Carla & Terry ~ April 9, 2009
              http://tickers.Ticke....c779/event.png

              #77 julesDW2009

              julesDW2009
              • Newbie
              • 13 posts

                Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:52 PM

                Hi! Im getting married at the Iberostar Varadero April 2009. Anyone else going to IBV or have been?
                I have heard wonderful things!

                #78 briscoecrown

                briscoecrown
                • Newbie
                • 132 posts

                  Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:00 AM

                  Hi Ladies... I'm so thrilled that I came across this thread. I'm an Iberostar bride too.... June 5, 2009 at the Maya.
                  Thanks for posting all of this useful info (pics of bouquets, sample ceremonies, etc).

                  I have so many concerns about the reception (thought I was the only one)..... the linens, the Vitrales (?) room vs the disco, centerpeices, etc. I know I still have time, but I'm constantly thinking about it. I can't help it!

                  The starfish tealight holders look really nice. The idea of them surrounding a flower arrangement is fantastic. That should look good, not to mention romantic. Let's not forget it's lightweight and can be transported easily. Candlelight sets a sexy tone.

                  I can't wait to see some of your pics. I have no idea what any of the restaurants look like, much less know what they serve. But, like others have mentioned, I heard the Steakhouse was good and provides a little bit of privacy.

                  I'm really trying hard not to get too ahead of myself with the planning. I don't want to take on too many tasks at once. I sent out my STDs about two months ago. Now, I'm working on the boarding pass invites (thanks to this site). I'm also making a final decision about which type of OOT bag to use & which logo looks best on it.

                  Ok, I feel as though I'm rambling on now... again, thanks for the thread & I'm sure I'll be a regular here.

                  #79 LindoBride2009

                  LindoBride2009
                  • Newbie
                  • 126 posts

                    Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:59 AM

                    The reception is my biggest concern too, so I'm glad we all have each other here for ideas! I also love the starfish tealight idea, very nice.

                    Is anyone doing anything for decorations at the restaurant? I'm not sure what the resort does.
                    Carla & Terry ~ April 9, 2009
                    http://tickers.Ticke....c779/event.png

                    #80 beachbride08

                    beachbride08
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,372 posts

                      Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:13 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by LindoBride2009
                      The reception is my biggest concern too, so I'm glad we all have each other here for ideas! I also love the starfish tealight idea, very nice.

                      Is anyone doing anything for decorations at the restaurant? I'm not sure what the resort does.
                      I was going to use the candle holders and rose petals on the dinner tables. Depending on how many we use I may have them use the extras in the Vitrales Room. I'm hoping people will just be dancing in there so I wasn't too concerned about decorations there.
                      Michelle




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users