1814 replies to this topic

#581 BBtoB

BBtoB
  • 399 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:01 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009
    Thanks moralilac!!
    Oh my gosh! Kathy your wedding is next week! When do you leave? I wish you all the best and that you have the time of your life! hugs!!!!

#582 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
    • 5,649 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:24 PM

BBtoB, thanks so much!! Leaving on Monday (16th) I'm so thrilled!

#583 LindoBride2009

LindoBride2009
      • 126 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:04 PM

Quote:
        Awww thanks Gail!! :) Your questions weren't silly at all!! Yeah, I know, I thought maybe I was just lazy but I think how much or how little you do for your DW is all personal preference, either way it will end up beautiful!!

As far as hair goes, I'm still leaning toward the 1/2 up 1/2 down as I also hate how I look in pictures with my hair all the way up. I will definitely enjoy myself and will be thinking of you girls and taking as many notes as I can on everything so that my review is thorough and detailed.

I LOVE YOU ALL, MY IBEROSTAR GALS!!! Thanks again for all of your info and support on this thread, it's been so helpful!!

Hi! I'm so excited for you!! I can't believe how fast time is flying! I can't wait to hear all about your trip & the wedding. Good luck next week, congratulations and have fun :)
        Carla & Terry ~ April 9, 2009
        http://tickers.Ticke....c779/event.png

#584 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
        • 5,649 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:55 PM

Thanks LindoBride!! Yours is coming up very quickly too I see, I'm so excited for you!!!

#585 LindoBride2009

LindoBride2009
          • 126 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:49 PM

Quote:
            Thanks LindoBride!! Yours is coming up very quickly too I see, I'm so excited for you!!!
            It's coming up very quickly. I have to get my last wedding details sheet into the WC soon and I haven't decided on anything! I've deteremined that I would suck at planning a big traditional wedding ... LOL
            Carla & Terry ~ April 9, 2009
            http://tickers.Ticke....c779/event.png

#586 Stina168

Stina168
            • 170 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:36 PM

Ok, I have a random question for you. I work in the travel industry and have been offered to stay at the Iberostar Grand free of charge. I'm super excited and grateful, but the only problem is that all our guests are staying at the Paraiso Beach. While I want to stay at the same place as our guests, I also feel like staying at the Grand would be a rare opportunity to stay at such a luxurious resort. We would not ordinarily be able to afford such a nice resort. We're not honeymooning after the wedding. We decided to do a cruise in Europe on our 1 year anniversary so we can have a year to try to save up some money. Does anyone know how far the Grand and Beach are from each other? Is there a shuttle that takes you between the different hotels? I haven't asked yet, but I'm sure they would be able to get us a free room at the Beach, but if it's not a big deal to get to the Beach from the Grand, then I'd love to stay at the Grand. What do you guys think?

#587 Ryan's girl

Ryan's girl
              • 256 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:45 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Stina168
                Ok, I have a random question for you. I work in the travel industry and have been offered to stay at the Iberostar Grand free of charge. I'm super excited and grateful, but the only problem is that all our guests are staying at the Paraiso Beach. While I want to stay at the same place as our guests, I also feel like staying at the Grand would be a rare opportunity to stay at such a luxurious resort. We would not ordinarily be able to afford such a nice resort. We're not honeymooning after the wedding. We decided to do a cruise in Europe on our 1 year anniversary so we can have a year to try to save up some money. Does anyone know how far the Grand and Beach are from each other? Is there a shuttle that takes you between the different hotels? I haven't asked yet, but I'm sure they would be able to get us a free room at the Beach, but if it's not a big deal to get to the Beach from the Grand, then I'd love to stay at the Grand. What do you guys think?
                What if you stayed at the Beach up until your wedding and then went and stayed at the Grand for your wedding night and the rest of your vacation? That's what FI and I are thinking of doing.
                Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
                http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
                My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

#588 Stina168

Stina168
                • 170 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:34 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Ryan's girl
                  What if you stayed at the Beach up until your wedding and then went and stayed at the Grand for your wedding night and the rest of your vacation? That's what FI and I are thinking of doing.
                  I thought about that, but we're only staying 1 night after the wedding, so it may not be worth it to pack up all our stuff for 2 nights. Plus, the day of the wedding, we're going to be getting ready at the Beach and I'm not sure if I'll have time to pack up our stuff on the actual wedding day, ya know?

#589 beachbride08

beachbride08
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,372 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:57 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Stina168
                    The Beach and the Grand are pretty much on opposite ends of the resort. However, if you are a guest at the Grand you can ask your butler for a ride to any of the hotels and they will take you there on the golf cart and you just call to be picked up when you're done. If you have the opportunity to stay at the Grand for free you should totally take advantage of it. My husband and I stayed there after our wedding and loved it!
                    Michelle

#590 Ryan's girl

Ryan's girl
                    • 256 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:53 PM

Quote:
                      BBtoB, thanks so much!! Leaving on Monday (16th) I'm so thrilled!
                      Kathy...

You leave TOMORROW!!! I'm so excited for you! Wishing you a wonderful trip and a beautiful wedding!

Can't wait to hear from you when you get back!

Kristin
                      Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
                      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
                      My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users