Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
1814 replies to this topic

#371 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
  • Sr. Member
  • 5,649 posts

    Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:47 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by moralilac
    Hi there! I was also looking into book Sascha....did you decide to go with him? His pics are beautiful, but I have not read much feedback about him from other brides. Did you find any info about him from anyone else? Thanks!!
    Hi! Yes, I did end up booking him. Although I did so without a referral, I trust that everything will go perfectly. He's very excellent at corresponding and answering any questions I have and sends me emails when he updates his blog with new photos. He posts on BDW as well.

    I will do a review when I get back from my wedding, so when I get the pics, I will speak on that a bit too. Hope this helps! :)

    #372 trevess

    trevess
    • Newbie
    • 22 posts

      Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:40 PM

      Hi everyone! This is my first post on this thread....we are getting married on April 14, 2009 at the Lindo! (It is coming up SO fast!)

      At the start of my planning I got responses from Araceli and her assistant within a normal time frame, but I sent them an email back in NOVEMBER and they still haven't replied! Anyone else have issues lately?

      I do understand that the 'culture' is different (I am a Spanish teacher and have even lived in Mexico- I KNOW) but this is just crazy!!!

      #373 beachbride08

      beachbride08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,372 posts

        Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:49 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Anna26
        Hello Girls,


        I was wondering if you know how the "guest passes" work? Can you just give the front desk the names of the people that you are expecting to come in on a certain day and pay for them ahead of time, or does it have to be paid and taken care of at the time the guests come in?

        Thank you so much !

        Anna
        We had one guest coming from a different resort and just gave his name to Araceli. We left his welcome bag with the front desk and he picked it up after the ceremony. He was supposed to pay for his own guest pass, but nobody asked him for any money. I assumed it would be charged to our room along with the photographer's passes if they didn't make him pay, but we didn't get charged either. I guess we got lucky, but you will probably just take care of all the guest pass and wedding charges when you check out.
        Michelle

        #374 beachbride08

        beachbride08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,372 posts

          Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:54 PM

          For those of you considering Citlalli Rico or have booked her already, I highly recommend her!! We just got our pictures on Thursday, and I was blown away.
          We got a photobook filled with 4x6 prints and a package of 8x10 and 5x7 prints. We also got 4 CDs - 2 of all the prints she made and 2 of all the extra pictures she took that were just as good as the ones she printed. The colors look amazing, and she really got some great shots of us and our guests. We have over 500 pictures so it will take some time to upload them.
          Michelle

          #375 moralilac

          moralilac
          • Newbie
          • 15 posts

            Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:00 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009
            Hi! Yes, I did end up booking him. Although I did so without a referral, I trust that everything will go perfectly. He's very excellent at corresponding and answering any questions I have and sends me emails when he updates his blog with new photos. He posts on BDW as well.

            I will do a review when I get back from my wedding, so when I get the pics, I will speak on that a bit too. Hope this helps! :)

            THanks! He really does reply quickly and I think I am going to go ahead and book him as well, his pics on his blog are so beautiful!!

            #376 ~*Kathy*~

            ~*Kathy*~
            • Sr. Member
            • 5,649 posts

              Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:21 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by moralilac
              THanks! He really does reply quickly and I think I am going to go ahead and book him as well, his pics on his blog are so beautiful!!
              Yeah, he's fantastic so far, IMO. I'm sure he will be a blast work with, can't wait to meet him in person! Congrats on finding your photog!!

              #377 BBtoB

              BBtoB
              • Jr. Member
              • 399 posts

                Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:21 PM

                Does anyone know how the DJ will hook up an ipod that we bring? I know people have mentioned using one before for the reception. I am wondering what I will need to bring for the connection. Also, do they give you a mic to announce?

                #378 beachbride08

                beachbride08
                • VIP Member
                • 2,372 posts

                  Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:35 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by BBtoB
                  Does anyone know how the DJ will hook up an ipod that we bring? I know people have mentioned using one before for the reception. I am wondering what I will need to bring for the connection. Also, do they give you a mic to announce?
                  We didn't bring any connections for the ipod to work. We had brought CDs as a back up and during the ceremony they used our CDs and not the ipod. We used the ipod in the Los Vitrales room, but the DJ left before we were done with our ipod still playing so I don't think you even need him if you are using the ipod only. We had created a continuous mix on one playlist and that played the whole time. Araceli gave us the microphone so I think that is part of their speaker equipment. They just have one speaker, but it was loud enough. You do get more speakers if you book the outside DJ with the lounge set ups and lighting packages.
                  Michelle

                  #379 Ryan's girl

                  Ryan's girl
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 256 posts

                    Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:49 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by beachbride08
                    We didn't bring any connections for the ipod to work. We had brought CDs as a back up and during the ceremony they used our CDs and not the ipod. We used the ipod in the Los Vitrales room, but the DJ left before we were done with our ipod still playing so I don't think you even need him if you are using the ipod only. We had created a continuous mix on one playlist and that played the whole time. Araceli gave us the microphone so I think that is part of their speaker equipment. They just have one speaker, but it was loud enough. You do get more speakers if you book the outside DJ with the lounge set ups and lighting packages.
                    I was wondering the same thing. Thanks Michelle! It is so helpful having you on here with all of your expertise. Be prepared...as my date gets closer I'm sure that I'll have a ton of questions for you!!!
                    Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
                    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
                    My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

                    #380 LindoBride2009

                    LindoBride2009
                    • Newbie
                    • 126 posts

                      Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:50 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by trevess
                      Hi everyone! This is my first post on this thread....we are getting married on April 14, 2009 at the Lindo! (It is coming up SO fast!)

                      At the start of my planning I got responses from Araceli and her assistant within a normal time frame, but I sent them an email back in NOVEMBER and they still haven't replied! Anyone else have issues lately?

                      I do understand that the 'culture' is different (I am a Spanish teacher and have even lived in Mexico- I KNOW) but this is just crazy!!!
                      I've sent them a few emails lately and they always reply quickly, so maybe try sending them the email again?
                      Carla & Terry ~ April 9, 2009
                      http://tickers.Ticke....c779/event.png




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users