Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
1814 replies to this topic

#361 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
  • Sr. Member
  • 5,649 posts

    Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:49 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gail
    I saw and loved the passport idea. Do you know of any e card version. The apple charter for june 9th is getting booked quickly so my TA feels I need to book ASAP . WE are putting this together so quick so I thought I could get faster response if I could find a way to do by e mail.
    What do you guys think?
    Yeah, it probably would be faster by email. I didn't have time to make invites or anything so I just told my parents to tell whoever they thought would be interested in coming to the wedding to let me know and I'd send them the details. My FI did the same for his family's side. :)

    #362 Gail

    Gail
    • Jr. Member
    • 358 posts

      Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:56 AM

      Thanks Kathy. I feel better that I'm not the only one. I am such a ROOKIE. I wish I had more time, esp since I have no idea what I'm doing. The forum really helps. THANKS TO ALL! So I know this is stupid but all I have done is picked the resort so...Where did you guys get/pick your logo? Where all are you putting it on.
      Pro wedding pic slide show

      http://delsolphotogr....eries/?gal=142

      #363 ~*Kathy*~

      ~*Kathy*~
      • Sr. Member
      • 5,649 posts

        Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:32 AM

        No problem!!

        I haven't gotten a logo made, I think if you do a search you should be able to find out on the forums where you can get these designed and made for you.

        #364 BBtoB

        BBtoB
        • Jr. Member
        • 399 posts

          Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:55 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Gail
          Thanks Kathy. I feel better that I'm not the only one. I am such a ROOKIE. I wish I had more time, esp since I have no idea what I'm doing. The forum really helps. THANKS TO ALL! So I know this is stupid but all I have done is picked the resort so...Where did you guys get/pick your logo? Where all are you putting it on.
          Hi Gail,

          You know as an option for an email, you could use Evite.com. That will allow you to state all the info and get a count of who all is coming. In the body of the evite, just state formal invivations to follow, but in the mean time here are the details, etc. they have some really cute graphics, it is free and it will help you get a leg up on getting out the details. We used that and it is working well. Good luck!

          #365 Anna26

          Anna26
          • Newbie
          • 19 posts

            Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:02 PM

            Hello Girls,


            I was wondering if you know how the "guest passes" work? Can you just give the front desk the names of the people that you are expecting to come in on a certain day and pay for them ahead of time, or does it have to be paid and taken care of at the time the guests come in?

            Thank you so much !

            Anna

            #366 Ryan's girl

            Ryan's girl
            • Jr. Member
            • 256 posts

              Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:37 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Anna26
              Hello Girls,


              I was wondering if you know how the "guest passes" work? Can you just give the front desk the names of the people that you are expecting to come in on a certain day and pay for them ahead of time, or does it have to be paid and taken care of at the time the guests come in?

              Thank you so much !

              Anna
              Typically people coming in pay for the guest pass when they arrive. But I am sure that you can arrange with your wedding coordinator to leave the names of the guests you are expecting to come and pay ahead of time. I don't see why it would be a problem.
              Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
              My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

              #367 Gail

              Gail
              • Jr. Member
              • 358 posts

                Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:55 AM

                Thanks i'll check it out.
                Pro wedding pic slide show

                http://delsolphotogr....eries/?gal=142

                #368 ~*Kathy*~

                ~*Kathy*~
                • Sr. Member
                • 5,649 posts

                  Posted 01 December 2008 - 03:21 PM

                  Hi girls!

                  I'm posting this here for anyone who is having or thinking of having a civil ceremony at the Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar/Beach.

                  Here's what my TA told me after her Spanish-speaking coworker spoke to Gabriela Palacios (wc at Iberostar Del Mar/Beach) about required documents for civil ceremonies at the resort:

                  "Hi Kathy,

                  Karen just had a call back from Gabriela. She has reconfirmed that you just need to bring your original birth certificate, no translation, no certifying required. Just as they are is fine. She was not able to tell us why the requirements for the Lindo resort are different, just that they are considered separate resorts and all resorts have different requirements due to management and staff requirements. I trust this completely, as all of our documents with Gabriela and the resort indicate no translation is required."


                  So I guess, for whatever reason, the Lindo/Maya do their civil ceremonies a bit different than Del Mar/Beach. I'm very relieved that I've gotten verbal confirmation from my wc that this is what the resort is asking for. Too bad they don't really go in to detail as to why they are different, just that they are. Hope this helps some other confused brides out there. :)

                  #369 dbellie1414

                  dbellie1414
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 204 posts

                    Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:50 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009
                    Hi girls!

                    I'm posting this here for anyone who is having or thinking of having a civil ceremony at the Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar/Beach.

                    Here's what my TA told me after her Spanish-speaking coworker spoke to Gabriela Palacios (wc at Iberostar Del Mar/Beach) about required documents for civil ceremonies at the resort:

                    "Hi Kathy,

                    Karen just had a call back from Gabriela. She has reconfirmed that you just need to bring your original birth certificate, no translation, no certifying required. Just as they are is fine. She was not able to tell us why the requirements for the Lindo resort are different, just that they are considered separate resorts and all resorts have different requirements due to management and staff requirements. I trust this completely, as all of our documents with Gabriela and the resort indicate no translation is required."


                    So I guess, for whatever reason, the Lindo/Maya do their civil ceremonies a bit different than Del Mar/Beach. I'm very relieved that I've gotten verbal confirmation from my wc that this is what the resort is asking for. Too bad they don't really go in to detail as to why they are different, just that they are. Hope this helps some other confused brides out there. :)


                    Thanks for checking! I have triple checked because I am scared they will up and change this information!!!

                    Remember you only need to bring a certified birth certificate and your passport, like you said (best not to bring your original birth certificate either because they will keep it). But you also need to hold onto your blue tourist card that you will be supplied when you are in mexico's airport! So ya have to make sure you have certified birth certificate (no translation/apostille needed), passport, and tourist card for a civil legal wedding at the Del Mar. Also, you need 4 witnesses arriving 4 days prior over 18 yrs of age with passport and tourist card but if you don't have the witnesses the resort will supply them... Another bride gave me the information sheet that the witnesses will need to fill out if you want it I got it just let me know ya email:)
                    Luggage Tags, Travel Brochures and Passport Size Itinerary Forum:
                    http://bestdestinati....-11#post725854

                    Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t41304NON-PRO WEDDING PICS:http://www2.snapfish....NAME=snapfish/http://photo2.walgre...humbnai...AM...

                    #370 moralilac

                    moralilac
                    • Newbie
                    • 15 posts

                      Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:00 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009
                      That's funny! I'm having the same issues with my FI, right now we are thinking we may go with Sascha Gluck. And I agree, the resort photogs seem to make everyone who gets married at the Iberostar do the same cheesy poses ALL THE TIME! It is not something I want at all lol.

                      Hi there! I was also looking into book Sascha....did you decide to go with him? His pics are beautiful, but I have not read much feedback about him from other brides. Did you find any info about him from anyone else? Thanks!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users