Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
1814 replies to this topic

#311 BBtoB

BBtoB
  • Jr. Member
  • 399 posts

    Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:40 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009
    Hey! Congrats on your good finds! :) From what I understand, the Iberostar doesn't do much for reception area decorating other than a floral centrepiece at the head of the table. I've read many times (and I believe their pdf document says this too) that if you bring decorations, they will gladly set them up for you.

    I hope this helps!!
    Thanks so much! I just hope I can get it all there. It is a lot of stuff. :)

    #312 dbellie1414

    dbellie1414
    • Jr. Member
    • 204 posts

      Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:06 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by BBtoB
      So I went out tonight and bought a bunch of stuff for the tables for the wedding dinner. I got tall candles in my colors, chocolate brown and teal, and tealights, also shells and glass pebbles. I also found these great glass candle holders. It looks really nice. I am wondering if I should keep it all. Does anyone know if the resort does any type of decorating, or should I just bring it all with me? I went to Gordman's and found such great things! My fiance even liked it! I was surprised he didn't say, "what is all this?" :) Just thought I would share.
      Congrats on the good finds! The Iberostar doesn't do anything regarding decor so it's kinda up to ya... But they will help set up! You got to be careful on passing this stuff through customs though, I think you need receipts for all the stuff you are bringing (something like you can't have more than $300 on items). A couple people I was reading on here got stopped at customs and they asked for their reciepts! And I know from asking the WC at the Del Mar you have to check with customs on items that allowed to be shipped if you were thinking about shipping items... She said customs holds onto alot of brides/grooms shipments because they didn't check what the regulations are and than have to end up paying some huge tax just to get there boxes delievered from customs to the resort. According to the wc, Gabriela, you cannot ship seashells without them getting held up at customs and paying a tax, just an FYI for ya! And I am not sure about putting shells in your suitcase you might get stopped by customs because it is like a living organism thing so I recommend you check with mexico customs or ask other brides what they did.
      Luggage Tags, Travel Brochures and Passport Size Itinerary Forum:
      http://bestdestinati....-11#post725854

      Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t41304NON-PRO WEDDING PICS:http://www2.snapfish....NAME=snapfish/http://photo2.walgre...humbnai...AM...

      #313 BBtoB

      BBtoB
      • Jr. Member
      • 399 posts

        Posted 18 November 2008 - 04:46 PM

        Thanks so much! So do you know if we can ship items down to the WC? Good call on the shells. I guess I will need to check into that. They are really cute, so I hope I can get them in. :)

        #314 beachbride08

        beachbride08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,372 posts

          Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:28 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by BBtoB
          So I went out tonight and bought a bunch of stuff for the tables for the wedding dinner. I got tall candles in my colors, chocolate brown and teal, and tealights, also shells and glass pebbles. I also found these great glass candle holders. It looks really nice. I am wondering if I should keep it all. Does anyone know if the resort does any type of decorating, or should I just bring it all with me? I went to Gordman's and found such great things! My fiance even liked it! I was surprised he didn't say, "what is all this?" :) Just thought I would share.
          I'm still working on my review which will probably answer a lot of your questions, but work is sucking up all my BDW time. YOu have to bring whatever decorations, vases, etc. you want for dinner or the private rooms that you want. The resort will provide the flowers.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by dbellie1414
          Congrats on the good finds! The Iberostar doesn't do anything regarding decor so it's kinda up to ya... But they will help set up! You got to be careful on passing this stuff through customs though, I think you need receipts for all the stuff you are bringing (something like you can't have more than $300 on items). A couple people I was reading on here got stopped at customs and they asked for their reciepts! And I know from asking the WC at the Del Mar you have to check with customs on items that allowed to be shipped if you were thinking about shipping items... She said customs holds onto alot of brides/grooms shipments because they didn't check what the regulations are and than have to end up paying some huge tax just to get there boxes delievered from customs to the resort. According to the wc, Gabriela, you cannot ship seashells without them getting held up at customs and paying a tax, just an FYI for ya! And I am not sure about putting shells in your suitcase you might get stopped by customs because it is like a living organism thing so I recommend you check with mexico customs or ask other brides what they did.
          I wouldn't recommend shipping items to Mexico because as you mentioned it could get held up in customs or never make it to the resort. We carried on small seashells to use for our sand ceremony in our carry on suitcase with no issue, however, we had to check our sand ceremony vase on the way back. It really all depends on who you get at the counter and how strict they are. I brought down receipts for most of our items, but didnt' have receipts for everything. We did not get stopped in customs and no one asked for our receipts. Again, I guess it just depends on if you get the red light and who you get if you get stopped.
          Michelle

          #315 beachbride08

          beachbride08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,372 posts

            Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:44 PM

            It is taking forever to upload my pics and resize them, but here are two of the wedding set up to tide you over. When we got to the Lindo we walked around to check out the resort and where the gazebos were. We thought our only option was the pyramid and then we found another gazebo in one of the courtyards, but it seemed to be too small for our wedding size. The pyramid was awful! There is green paint on the ceiling was chipping off in big chunks on all four sides and was very noticeable. When we walked down to the beach we saw the set up there. The lounge chairs are very close to the wedding location, much closer in person than what I had seen in pictures and the beach is very busy so there was usually people in the water. We had gone down there to take pictures of the bridal party before our ceremony and it was very difficult to take pictures without people in the background. Anyhow, they did get new decorations for the beach ceremony and got rid of those ugly pillars. They now have these tiki style pillars that you could place flowers on top of, and the "arch" is one of those bamboo style canopys with tulle wrapped around it. I was not a fan of the old beach set up, but liked the new one so Mike and I had decided if the pyramid was our only option we would just move the ceremony to the beach (I do have a couple pictures so I will attach those once they are uploaded). However, when we met with Araceli she showed us pictures of another gazebo that we could use that is apparently shared by te Lindo and Del Mar coordinators, but luckily it wasn't requested already for our date so we were able to get it. The gazebo is in the center of the shopping plaza across the street from the Lindo. It is much more private there as there is barely anyone ever walking around the shopping plaza. So here is how it was set up.

            Click the image to open in full size.
            Click the image to open in full size.
            Michelle

            #316 ~*Kathy*~

            ~*Kathy*~
            • Sr. Member
            • 5,649 posts

              Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:51 PM

              Aww that looks like a great set up! When I orginally saw the shopping centre gazebo, I was under the impression that they didn't use it for wedding ceremonies. Nice to know that you can!! :) Omg, I am so excited to see the rest of your pics and read your review!

              #317 LindoBride2009

              LindoBride2009
              • Newbie
              • 126 posts

                Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:13 PM

                That looks awesome! I didn't even know that that gazebo existed! I love the fact that they got new beach decorations. I can't wait to see the rest of your pics and read your review!!
                Carla & Terry ~ April 9, 2009
                http://tickers.Ticke....c779/event.png

                #318 dbellie1414

                dbellie1414
                • Jr. Member
                • 204 posts

                  Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:00 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by BBtoB
                  Thanks so much! So do you know if we can ship items down to the WC? Good call on the shells. I guess I will need to check into that. They are really cute, so I hope I can get them in. :)
                  BeachBride08 answered this awesomely, see below... You can ship things down to the wedding coordinator (well, at least Gabriela at the Del Mar). She just advised me to check with customs on things I decided to ship... I decided not to ship or pack anything like vases/candles/sea shells for decorations, we are going with an outside vendor/florist instead of the Iberostar Florist - they don't have the vases or any decor I wanted. So the outside florist can provide all the shells and stuff I want and I don't have to worry about customs!
                  Luggage Tags, Travel Brochures and Passport Size Itinerary Forum:
                  http://bestdestinati....-11#post725854

                  Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t41304NON-PRO WEDDING PICS:http://www2.snapfish....NAME=snapfish/http://photo2.walgre...humbnai...AM...

                  #319 dbellie1414

                  dbellie1414
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 204 posts

                    Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:04 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by beachbride08
                    It is taking forever to upload my pics and resize them, but here are two of the wedding set up to tide you over. When we got to the Lindo we walked around to check out the resort and where the gazebos were. We thought our only option was the pyramid and then we found another gazebo in one of the courtyards, but it seemed to be too small for our wedding size. The pyramid was awful! There is green paint on the ceiling was chipping off in big chunks on all four sides and was very noticeable. When we walked down to the beach we saw the set up there. The lounge chairs are very close to the wedding location, much closer in person than what I had seen in pictures and the beach is very busy so there was usually people in the water. We had gone down there to take pictures of the bridal party before our ceremony and it was very difficult to take pictures without people in the background. Anyhow, they did get new decorations for the beach ceremony and got rid of those ugly pillars. They now have these tiki style pillars that you could place flowers on top of, and the "arch" is one of those bamboo style canopys with tulle wrapped around it. I was not a fan of the old beach set up, but liked the new one so Mike and I had decided if the pyramid was our only option we would just move the ceremony to the beach (I do have a couple pictures so I will attach those once they are uploaded). However, when we met with Araceli she showed us pictures of another gazebo that we could use that is apparently shared by te Lindo and Del Mar coordinators, but luckily it wasn't requested already for our date so we were able to get it. The gazebo is in the center of the shopping plaza across the street from the Lindo. It is much more private there as there is barely anyone ever walking around the shopping plaza. So here is how it was set up.

                    Click the image to open in full size.
                    Click the image to open in full size.
                    Those pics are awesome! Congrats on the wedding!!! Let us know when you post your review, I can't wait to read it...
                    Luggage Tags, Travel Brochures and Passport Size Itinerary Forum:
                    http://bestdestinati....-11#post725854

                    Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t41304NON-PRO WEDDING PICS:http://www2.snapfish....NAME=snapfish/http://photo2.walgre...humbnai...AM...

                    #320 BBtoB

                    BBtoB
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 399 posts

                      Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:23 AM

                      Again, thanks for all the tips ladies! I think I will just keep everything and check it on the plane. Can't wait to hear and see more, Michelle! Your set up for the wedding looked great!

                      You ladies are amazing and I am so happy to have your wonderful ideas and suggestions. These are things that no one else can really can help with, freinds and family wise. This is such a great site. And I look foward to chatting with you more in the months to come, before our bigs days. And congrats to those who recently tied the knot. :)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users