Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
1814 replies to this topic

#191 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
  • Sr. Member
  • 5,649 posts

    Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:19 PM

    From what I understand, the Lindo and the Maya are the more expensive fancier AI's and Paraiso Beach & Del Mar are a bit more cost effective and don't have access to the rest of the resort like the Lindo and Maya do. I hope this helps! :)

    #192 beachbride08

    beachbride08
    • VIP Member
    • 2,372 posts

      Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:56 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by MARIOLA
      Hi Everyone !

      So....I originally planned on having my wedding at the Moon Palace. When I got prices from my TA for round-trip group adult rate pp, I was sticker- shocked
      I went over these prices with some of my closest friends & family, and it seemed they were really disappointed that it was so expensive, but they said they would be there no matter what.
      I'm expecting about 60 ppl.

      I just feel like I can't put a financial burden on everyone like that, and NOW I am starting from the beginning. I want to be in RM. And talking to my TA, she said IB resorts are awesome. (and hopefully affordable for everyone, still waiting on prices from her) I want to make sure that not only is my wedding a great time but accomodations for everyone are filled. This is definitely a priority, for me anyway.

      So my question would be...How did you guys go about choosing which IB it is that you want to be married at ? I'm researching, but I'm confused, and I read this whole thread...but still have questions.

      I will HAVE to get married outside of the resort because no matter what, I have to go Catholic...

      But other than that, I'm really confused on why one bride chose Lindo & another chose Del Mar ? Any reason ? I know there is a wave pool & lazy river...being that there are over 10 kids & teenagers at the wedding, do they have access to this if they stay at ANY of the IB ?

      From top to bottom: which one is the most expensive and which one is the least ?

      ok, lots of ?'s....please help.
      We chose the Iberostar Lindo after my TA suggested Riviera Maya. We looked into other locations, but that seemed to be the best option. We chose the Lindo over the Del Mar because we have kids coming and there were more pool options at the Lindo. Here is the order of price for the hotels from cheapest to most expensive:

      Beach
      Del Mar
      Lindo
      Maya
      Grand (This is adults-only, but anyone staying at the Grand has access to the facilities and restaurants of all the Iberostar hotels)

      The Beach/Del Mar share restaurants and pools and have a separate WC than Lindo/Maya. I believe the wedding packages are also a bit cheaper, and if you wanted a completely private dinner/reception you can rent out the Tropical Restaurant for a fee (I think around $800). You do not have an option for a private dinner/reception at the Lindo/Maya.

      The one thing to note is if you book your wedding at the Lindo/Maya and some of your guests would prefer to stay at the Beach/Del Mar because it is cheaper they will have to pay a guest pass fee to come to the wedding. It would be your decision if you want to cover that fee, or if you want the guests to pay. We told our guests up front that the fees would be their responsibility and everyone is staying at the Lindo, except for one couple that is staying at the Grand. Those that stay at the Grand do not need to pay a guest pass fee to go to any of the other hotel's properties. The rule is you can go down to a lower grade hotel w/o a pass, but you can't go up. If guests stay at the Beach/Del Mar they do not have access to the wave pool or lazy river unless they pay a guest pass fee to go on the Lindo/Maya property.

      We are having our wedding at the Lindo and honeymoon at the Grand. I hope this info helps, but if you have any questions please let me know.
      Michelle

      #193 LyssaB80

      LyssaB80
      • Newbie
      • 22 posts

        Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:39 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by MARIOLA
        Hi Everyone !

        So....I originally planned on having my wedding at the Moon Palace. When I got prices from my TA for round-trip group adult rate pp, I was sticker- shocked
        I went over these prices with some of my closest friends & family, and it seemed they were really disappointed that it was so expensive, but they said they would be there no matter what.
        I'm expecting about 60 ppl.

        I just feel like I can't put a financial burden on everyone like that, and NOW I am starting from the beginning. I want to be in RM. And talking to my TA, she said IB resorts are awesome. (and hopefully affordable for everyone, still waiting on prices from her) I want to make sure that not only is my wedding a great time but accomodations for everyone are filled. This is definitely a priority, for me anyway.

        So my question would be...How did you guys go about choosing which IB it is that you want to be married at ? I'm researching, but I'm confused, and I read this whole thread...but still have questions.

        I will HAVE to get married outside of the resort because no matter what, I have to go Catholic...

        But other than that, I'm really confused on why one bride chose Lindo & another chose Del Mar ? Any reason ? I know there is a wave pool & lazy river...being that there are over 10 kids & teenagers at the wedding, do they have access to this if they stay at ANY of the IB ?

        From top to bottom: which one is the most expensive and which one is the least ?

        ok, lots of ?'s....please help.
        Hey there!! I was stressed out about making the choice too, and really loved the additional restaurant choices and lazy river/wave pool options at the Lindo. When we priced it out, it was a couple hundred dollars more person to stay at the Lindo vs the Del Mar so it really depends on what price your guests feel most comfortable with. We opted to go to the Del Mar, but let our guests know that if they wanted to stay at the Lindo/Maya or Grand, they would pay a bit more but would have the extra options and would be able to visit everyone else at our hotel very easily whenever they wanted to - ultimately, everyone has ended up at the del mar.
        Another thing to know if that all of the IB hotels have kids programs which according to the reviews I have read are really good and do a lot to keep the kids occupied with games and such. Good luck with your choice and definitely let us know if you have questions!!
        Alyssa

        #194 MARIOLA

        MARIOLA
        • Newbie
        • 91 posts

          Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:42 AM

          BeachBride,

          Thank you SOOOO much!! That helps a ton ! I will most likely be asking you more in the future, if you don't mind !

          Good luck with everything at your wedding & I hope you come back with awesome reviews & pics !!

          #195 MARIOLA

          MARIOLA
          • Newbie
          • 91 posts

            Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:48 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by LyssaB80
            Hey there!! I was stressed out about making the choice too, and really loved the additional restaurant choices and lazy river/wave pool options at the Lindo. When we priced it out, it was a couple hundred dollars more person to stay at the Lindo vs the Del Mar so it really depends on what price your guests feel most comfortable with. We opted to go to the Del Mar, but let our guests know that if they wanted to stay at the Lindo/Maya or Grand, they would pay a bit more but would have the extra options and would be able to visit everyone else at our hotel very easily whenever they wanted to - ultimately, everyone has ended up at the del mar.
            Another thing to know if that all of the IB hotels have kids programs which according to the reviews I have read are really good and do a lot to keep the kids occupied with games and such. Good luck with your choice and definitely let us know if you have questions!!
            Alyssa
            Hi Alyssa !
            Yea, I definitely feel that everyone at my party will end up staying at the less expensive hotel of them all, as with the economy doing so bad, and people just scared to spend any $$...they will most likely opt for the less expensive. Thanks for the info on the kids program ! I'm sure they will be using this if its available for ALL the IB hotels.

            #196 ~*Kathy*~

            ~*Kathy*~
            • Sr. Member
            • 5,649 posts

              Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:52 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by MARIOLA
              BeachBride,

              Thank you SOOOO much!! That helps a ton ! I will most likely be asking you more in the future, if you don't mind !

              Good luck with everything at your wedding & I hope you come back with awesome reviews & pics !!
              No problem! I'm sorry I wasn't as detailed as I could have been but I thought I'd let you know really quickly what I know.

              I promise the moment I get back from my wedding/honeymoon in Feb/March I will try to post many pictures of Iberostar Paraiso Beach & Del Mar and maybe a review so that all of you ladies will have something to go on. :)

              #197 beachbride08

              beachbride08
              • VIP Member
              • 2,372 posts

                Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:27 PM

                I just got off the phone with my TA, and she gave me some feedback from a wedding she arranged at the Lindo for another bride in August. She also forwarded me a link to her wedding pictures. If anyone is interested I would be happy to forward the email. PM me your email address and I can send along. I don't want to post the link on here since I don't know this couple personally.

                The pictures that she sent were taken by the resort photographer. She said she paid $600 for the photog and pictures. My TA said that she brought in the book of photos she got from the photshop and she said the picture quality was great. She got a book of all 8x10 pictures, and she said those looked much better than the slideshow.

                The bride told my TA there were a couple minor issues. The first being that they didn't receive their welcome basket with the wine and fruit or whatever comes in it when they arrived. The WC told them she requested it to be delivered, and they kept telling her it was not received. They ended up getting the basket, but it was a bit of a hassle as she felt like the WC thought they were just trying to get another basket. The other issue was they had requested a vegetarian meal for one of their guests ahead of time, but they didn't receive it. They complained and told them they were supposed to have the vegetarian meal. They did get the meal, but everyone else was about done with their dinner when it came.

                The good things were they said the minister was fantastic. They met with them ahead of time to get details about the couple and the family. The bride said the ceremony was so beautiful and the minister talked like he had known the family for years. They were really happy about that.

                They also raved about the resort, and how much the guests enjoyed themselves which is always good to hear. They were also able to allow her uncle to play a song during the wedding. She said they were very good about putting things together last minute. They planned this wedding on very short notice.

                She also rented pink chair bows! My TA said she did pay an extra fee, but she did not bring those with her. I was kind of irritated by that since I had asked the WC myself for pink chairs bows, and she said they only had white. If I wanted pink chair bows or any other linens I had to bring them with me. I'm happy to know I can pay extra to have them, but that would have been nice to know from the beginning. I didn't specify that I would be willing to pay for them, but she didn't suggest as an option either.
                Michelle

                #198 MARIOLA

                MARIOLA
                • Newbie
                • 91 posts

                  Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:55 PM

                  Ok so you guys mentioned Beach, Del Mar, Lindo, & Maya...in that order...so Iberostar Tucan fits where in this picture ?

                  #199 beachbride08

                  beachbride08
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,372 posts

                    Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:13 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MARIOLA
                    Ok so you guys mentioned Beach, Del Mar, Lindo, & Maya...in that order...so Iberostar Tucan fits where in this picture ?
                    The Tucan and Quetal (sp?) are in a different complex than the rest of the hotels. That resort is closer to Playa del Carmen, but I don't where they rank in terms of price. I thought there was someone on this thread getting married at the Tucan that might be able to give you some info.
                    Michelle

                    #200 ~*Kathy*~

                    ~*Kathy*~
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 5,649 posts

                      Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:18 PM

                      beachbride08, I got your email of the wedding slideshow, thanks!

                      I must say I'm pretty impressed/happy with the resort photographer and the picture he took of their wedding. That's calming my fears a little as we plan on using the Iberostar photographer as well since it's more cost-effective. I mean, sure it's not as amazing as many of the professional photographers that post here but he did a good job and that's all I ask for. :)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users