Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
1814 replies to this topic

#1771 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
  • Sr. Member
  • 5,649 posts

    Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:31 PM

    this thread is dead where are all the upcoming IB* brides hanging out nowadays?

    #1772 finleys7

    finleys7
    • Member
    • 703 posts

      Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:31 PM

      Kathy - I know I am all over the place, but pretty much us Iberostar girls are in the 2010 thread.

      How are you? Hope all is well!
      Shannon

      YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
      Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

      #1773 Pierre Violle

      Pierre Violle
      • Jr. Member
      • 272 posts

        Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:28 AM

        Hi,

        I have just shot a new wedding at the Iberostat Paraiso Lindo. What best to give you an idea of the location than have a look at a photo-gallery on my blog: Wedding at the Iberostar - Mexico .

        I hope that will give you ideas for your own wedding.

        #1774 amylynn77

        amylynn77
        • Newbie
        • 12 posts

          Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:43 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by lisanicole
          I am getting married at the Maya on November 12th. I am having a private reception. I am told I can have it at Cajun restuarant or ballroom depending upon occupancy at resort at the time. They would shut down the restuarant for us if occupancy is low. If not, we will use the ballroom.
          Hi Lisa Nicole, I am getting married at the Maya on October 8th. I was told by Lily and Mayra that the Cajun Restaurant is the only option available for a private 4 hour reception where we won't have to switch locations in between. Are you able to have a sit down dinner in the ballroom or were you planning to have dinner at another location and then move to the ballroom for dancing/cake/etc. I would like to know more about the ballroom as a potential option as well. Sounds nicer than the cajun restaurant. Did they send you pictures? They provided me with a bunch of picture of reception venues, but told me that the cajun was the only full service (dinner included) private option available. Thoughts?

          #1775 Lindobride14

          Lindobride14
          • Jr. Member
          • 279 posts

            Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:05 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by amylynn77
            Hi Lisa Nicole, I am getting married at the Maya on October 8th. I was told by Lily and Mayra that the Cajun Restaurant is the only option available for a private 4 hour reception where we won't have to switch locations in between. Are you able to have a sit down dinner in the ballroom or were you planning to have dinner at another location and then move to the ballroom for dancing/cake/etc. I would like to know more about the ballroom as a potential option as well. Sounds nicer than the cajun restaurant. Did they send you pictures? They provided me with a bunch of picture of reception venues, but told me that the cajun was the only full service (dinner included) private option available. Thoughts?
            Hi Amy-

            Saw your post and thought I'd chime in. I was told by Mayra that the El Tapatio mexican restaurant is also an option if you have more than 60 people. It's the one that's right off the pool.

            SHe also said you can have your reception on the beach, but I believe you have to do a buffet style dinner. I am not sure about the ballroom and whether you can have dinner there.

            I cannot wait till our July site visit so I can pick out our reception venue!! It's so hard to decide based on these pics!

            Hope this helps! I will email you the pictures Mayra sent me if you're interested.

            #1776 amylynn77

            amylynn77
            • Newbie
            • 12 posts

              Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:38 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lindobride14
              Hi Amy-

              Saw your post and thought I'd chime in. I was told by Mayra that the El Tapatio mexican restaurant is also an option if you have more than 60 people. It's the one that's right off the pool.

              SHe also said you can have your reception on the beach, but I believe you have to do a buffet style dinner. I am not sure about the ballroom and whether you can have dinner there.

              I cannot wait till our July site visit so I can pick out our reception venue!! It's so hard to decide based on these pics!

              Hope this helps! I will email you the pictures Mayra sent me if you're interested.
              Thanks for butting in. Very helpful information. I have come to find in my dealings with the WC's that while they're very good about responding to emails and thoroughly answering my questions, however they're not good at providing all of the information in one fell swoop. I did not know about the Mexican Restaurant or the beach reception option. I am wondering if they can accommodate a rehearsal dinner on the beach? I think I might go this route. We were originally planning to treat all of our guests to a night on the town/dinner in Playa del Carmen, but the costs keep adding up so that is slowly becoming less and less of an option. That's fantastic that you're planning a site visit. I will definitely be picking your brain when you return! Are you familiar with what the formal dinner options are? When I learned about the cajun restaurant being one of the only venues for the private reception I wondered whether we would have to have "cajun" food for dinner. I am slowly learning from other posts on the site that we will have a choice. If you wouldn't mind emailing me the pictures, I would really appreciate it. Mayra sent me a few, but they were only of the cajun resturant and the areas (ballroom I'm assuming) where we could have a private 2 hour reception after dinner. My email address is amy_michael7@hotmail.com. I can also share information I received on the documents they require and the cost associated with the blood test if you are having a legal ceremony like we are.

              Best,

              Amy

              #1777 lisanicole

              lisanicole
              • Newbie
              • 67 posts

                Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:00 PM

                I also have the menu pptions if you would like them. You have a choice of 5 menu's I believe. The only thing I was told was beach receptions have to be buffet.

                I was also recently informed that if I used the ballroom guests would have to be transported after dinner. That is not an option so Cajun it is for me (buffet is also not an option). I am going to ask about the place by the pool though since I will have over 60 guests attending.

                #1778 Lindobride14

                Lindobride14
                • Jr. Member
                • 279 posts

                  Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:14 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lisanicole
                  I also have the menu pptions if you would like them. You have a choice of 5 menu's I believe. The only thing I was told was beach receptions have to be buffet.

                  I was also recently informed that if I used the ballroom guests would have to be transported after dinner. That is not an option so Cajun it is for me (buffet is also not an option). I am going to ask about the place by the pool though since I will have over 60 guests attending.
                  Here's the pictures they sent me of "El Tapatio" if you haven't seen what it looks like.

                  Click the image to open in full size.

                  Click the image to open in full size.

                  #1779 intimatelyYou

                  intimatelyYou
                  • Newbie
                  • 3 posts

                    Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:33 AM

                    Really excited about photographing Amber's wedding at Rose Hall Resort and would love to organise some special intimately You boudoir sessions whilst in Montego Bay, Jamaica during my stay. Donna's intimately You BD session last year was fab!

                    I head over on 15 June and return to UK on 22 June and am considering staying at the Iberostar suites.

                    If brides, bridesmaids or guests are interested in a boudoir session for that extra special gift for their significant other, please drop me a message.

                    intimately You? - imageXperience professional portrait & wedding photography - be inspired...

                    Thanks ladies! x

                    #1780 beck

                    beck
                    • Newbie
                    • 10 posts

                      Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:30 AM

                      Hello everyone, I am trying to decide which resort to get married in this december. (don't have much time, lol). I am leanning towards the del mar because of the cost. we are trying to keep it down for our guests. a friend of ours is a photographer and will be staying with us. do i have to pay a penalty if she does the photos being that she is a paying guest? also, can we take an ipod and have it playing instead of renting a dj? we would like a beach reception, does anyone know pricing of this? thanks so much for all of your help!!!!
                      rebecca




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users