• Please log in to reply
1814 replies to this topic

#1661 LDeeken

LDeeken
  • 200 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:42 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rose13
    Thanks Ryans girl. I really want great photos, that is a huge part for me. Outside photographers that I have looked at are just so expensive...And I don't know if this is what is going on- but now according to the Iberostar Lindo website, they don't allow outside photography at all. I'm awaiting their email reply on that.
    Where did you do the reception at if you don't mind me asking?

Check out PlayaWeddings, I have found that their prices are a little more reasonable.

#1662 Rose13

Rose13
    • 39 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:25 PM

Ldeekan, is that a photographer? I will check it out, thanks!

#1663 LDeeken

LDeeken
      • 200 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:06 PM

Quote:
        Ldeekan, is that a photographer? I will check it out, thanks!
        Yup!! Their website is Playa Weddings - Video and Photography in Playa del Carmen and the Riviera Maya and it has the prices listed.

#1664 noelynn

noelynn
        • 57 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:16 AM

Quote:
          Thanks Ryans girl. I really want great photos, that is a huge part for me. Outside photographers that I have looked at are just so expensive...And I don't know if this is what is going on- but now according to the Iberostar Lindo website, they don't allow outside photography at all. I'm awaiting their email reply on that.
          I am getting married on 11/6/09 at the Del Mar and I hired Sascha Gluck from cancunphotos.net. Some of the girls on this thread have used him and I really liked his work.

#1665 BBtoB

BBtoB
          • 399 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:23 PM

I brought my Aunt to be our Photog...we did not have to pay an outside fee since she was a guest. This was not an issue. The resort photographer's website and reviews are laughable...buyer beware! We are talking the worst pics I have ever seen!!! I did lots of research and talked to a few girls on Mr Iberostar's site that went with the Resort photog, and eeww! Trust me they are terrible!

That is sad if that took away the option to go with someone other than their photog...they are awful, awful pics!

Read this review:
            Resort Photography

#1666 amyrot

amyrot
            • 188 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:49 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by BBtoB
              I brought my Aunt to be our Photog...we did not have to pay an outside fee since she was a guest. This was not an issue. The resort photographer's website and reviews are laughable...buyer beware! We are talking the worst pics I have ever seen!!! I did lots of research and talked to a few girls on Mr Iberostar's site that went with the Resort photog, and eeww! Trust me they are terrible!

That is sad if that took away the option to go with someone other than their photog...they are awful, awful pics!

Read this review:
              Resort Photography
              well, that is very unfortunate - I just read it. FIrst of all, I don't think they are terrible samples. Secondly,you need to understand that some of us just straight up are not getting any help from family members in the form of cash. Personally, we are having a huge formal AHR because of the size of our family, and having a photographer for that as well. Personally for me its not even a thought to be able to spend a few thousand dollars on pictures, twice. It really stinks and I hate it, but some of us and maybe only me, have no choice financially.
              After reading that review I think I'm going to ask a co-worker to write out all of my requests in spanish since she is fluent, and bring it to them in writing.

#1667 LDeeken

LDeeken
              • 200 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:35 PM

I haven't seen any photos from fotocaribbean, but I have come across a few videos that weren't bad. We went down to a friend's wedding at the Maya in July and though they hired an outside photographer they had no videographer. My fiance and I had just bought a video camera so I decided just to record the ceremony for them. It is definitely not the best quality, but I'm pretty sure they appreciated having it documented regardless.

You might ask some family members or friends if they have a video camera even if they are amateurs. That might help save on the video cost as least.

#1668 Ryan's girl

Ryan's girl
                • 256 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 06:40 PM

Quote:
                  We had our reception in the convention centre and it was wonderful! There are a couple of location options within the convention centre, there's a room (with no windows) and then there is an open area in the convention centre where they can set up a bar/music etc.

Regarding the outside photographer, I just read that apparently they will still allow an outside photog as long as you pay the $300 fee. I would definitely get that in writing, sooner than later, if you were planning on bringing your own photographer.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
                  Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
                  http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
                  My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

#1669 Rose13

Rose13
                  • 39 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:45 PM

where was the picture taken of the carisel? if you dont mind me asking. I don't remember it from the iberostar resort. It's a very nice picture!

#1670 Ryan's girl

Ryan's girl
                    • 256 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:04 PM

Quote:
                      where was the picture taken of the carisel? if you dont mind me asking. I don't remember it from the iberostar resort. It's a very nice picture!
                      Thanks! It's one of my favourite pictures. It's actually right in the entrance to the shopping centre that is shared amongst all 5 of the resorts.
                      Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
                      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
                      My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users