1814 replies to this topic

#1551 BBtoB

BBtoB
  • 399 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:07 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by toshalea
    Thanks!
    I am just concerned about the DJ- I've read that he doesn't speak English so you have to have someone do announcements anyway. Is this true??
    I emailed DJ Bob- reviews on here say he's great- and he quoted me $600 for 4 hours. My reception is only 2 hrs so I am waiting for that price quote. I'm not sure that I want to spend that much more when I can make a playlist on my IPod and use it for $100!
    Any suggestions?
    I met DJ Bob while I was there...he was really cool! I asked him how much he would charge and it was more than I wanted to spend. But if I had the money in my budget I would hired him. But we still had a blast! My BH did our announcements. The IB DJ is really nice, his english is not perfect, but he understands a little like song titles and artists etc. It was coold cuz he played things liek YMCa and other wedding favs that I did not have on my playlist. Be sure to not dilly dally on getting from the wedding dinner to the Los Vitrales room. We had the room from 830-1030, and they turned the lights on on 1030 on the button! And cut off the music. We were late getting there so we cut ourselves short out of party time. Just FYI.

#1552 toshalea

toshalea
    • 71 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:19 AM

Thanks ladies :) I have a small number of guests right now, so I am leaning towards the hotel DJ. Did he use lights and such that a regular DJ would?

#1553 BBtoB

BBtoB
      • 399 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:42 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by toshalea
        Thanks ladies :) I have a small number of guests right now, so I am leaning towards the hotel DJ. Did he use lights and such that a regular DJ would?
        The lights in the room have a dimmer, so it had nice ambiance, I also brought tea lights.

#1554 sam33

sam33
        • 62 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:21 AM

hi there

We are getting married at the iberostar Paraiso Maya. We decided pull out of the sensatori resort after problems with the hotel. We are so excited to be getting married here.

#1555 amyrot

amyrot
          • 188 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:55 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by sam33
            hi there

We are getting married at the iberostar Paraiso Maya. We decided pull out of the sensatori resort after problems with the hotel. We are so excited to be getting married here.
            Awesome! I'm getting married there too! there is an Iberostar 2010 thread that Finleys started....its great! I love this thread as well.

Attached Files

#1556 LDeeken

LDeeken
            • 200 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:06 AM

We have finally booked our wedding trip!!! I guess now I can officially call myself and Iberostar bride!!

#1557 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
              • 5,705 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:11 PM

Congrats and welcome to all the newcomers!!

#1558 sunset78

sunset78
                • 1,280 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:17 AM

Just got my "Last Wedding Details" paperwork from the resort. Now to start filling it out... desicions, decisions...

#1559 sunset78

sunset78
                  • 1,280 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:40 PM

Hmmm... is the Rhapsody bar the same as the Los Vitrales? If it isn't how big is the Rhapsody bar? I'm trying to debate if it's worth having a reception with only a dozen people. Or just have a cocktail thing only.

#1560 finleys7

finleys7
                    • 703 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:48 AM

jpitts

Do you mind sharing the list that you need to fill out. Just curious of the things we need to specify before we get down there.

Thanks,
                      Shannon
                      If you want to email it...shannon.finley@moodys.com
                      Shannon

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
                      Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users