• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea 04/12/10 View Post
Hi, im new to the web site and would really appreciate your advice!! I am normally a very laid back kind of person (so a wc was the way to go with me), but even tho i have booked a wedding date, i need to know more..... like when will Myra (Iberostar Tucan wc) get in contact with me about flowers? cocktail parties? etc.. i feel like im missing out on the girly talks.

Has anyone already got this info? Many thanks in advance.
she prob will not contact you any time soon since your wedding is so far off. if you have questions I would e mail her and ask everything you want to know. good luck

Hi all,

I'm another Iberostar bride. Getting married at the Lindo on June 18. Just got all of our forms a few weeks ago from the wedding coordinator, so it has been a lot of back and forth in terms of them answering all my questions. I'm close to getting things settled.

Hope everyone else's planning is doing well! Can't wait to see pics of upcoming weddings at the Lindo.

Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitbride View Post
Hi all,

I'm another Iberostar bride. Getting married at the Lindo on June 18. Just got all of our forms a few weeks ago from the wedding coordinator, so it has been a lot of back and forth in terms of them answering all my questions. I'm close to getting things settled.

Hope everyone else's planning is doing well! Can't wait to see pics of upcoming weddings at the Lindo.

Best!
Welcome and congrats Detroitbride! I have found the WC to be a bit slow in their communication when I have questions, how is yours?

Hi ladies, So what time are you all getting your hair done, for those using the salon, or for those already married. We are getting married at 4:00pm, so waht would be a good time to make the salon appt?

Thanks, Bess!

Hello Everyone!!

Below is my post to the "newbie" thread from yesterday. Figured I would copy it below to give you a little background. I am so excited to finally be able to reply to posts and post my reviews after what seems like months of secret planning. I was just too scared to post on the forum where no one knew about our situation. Our experience with the Grand, the salon, the other Iberostars were all fanstastic and I can't wait to share our opinions, feedback, and PICTURES!!

-Kristin

-Oh and I'll try to get a profile pic and signature up if I can figure out how to work this forum..haha, still learning!

"Hello Everyone,

I had a somewhat unique experience. My boyfriend and I decided to elope last summer. I have been planning my destination wedding/honeymoon "undercover" for the last 9 months. With not a soul aware of what we were doing, I found this forum ESSENTIAL to my planning process.

My husband and I were married at the Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso in Mexico on 03/06/09. This Friday will be our 1 month anniversary. :) I am so excited to finally be able to be part of the forum that helped me plan our wedding day. A special shoutout to my fellow Iberostar Brides, I can't wait to post my reviews and pictures to hopefully be able to help another bride in their upcoming Mexico or Iberostar wedding!

Again thank you and I'm so excited!

-Kristin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtoB View Post
Hi ladies, So what time are you all getting your hair done, for those using the salon, or for those already married. We are getting married at 4:00pm, so waht would be a good time to make the salon appt?
Thanks, Bess!

Hello! I am getting married in 2 1/2 weeks, April 20th at the Iberostar Beach. We are getting married at 4:00pm also and I set up my hair appointment at the salon for noon. This may be a bit early but I wanted plenty of time to mess with it just incase I didn't love it! :-)

We have 62 people coming and I feel pretty good about most things. We rented the Tropical Restaurant for 7pm and are doing an hour of cocktails and apps starting at 6pm. We hired DJ bob for the night and I also am having an outside photographer coming in- I'm using Claudia Rodriguez Photographer. If anyone has questions please let me know. As soon as we return I will post a review. The count down is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtoB View Post
Thanks, Bess!
Hey BBtoB, I got married at 4:30 p.m. and had my hair done at 12 p.m. at the salon. I thought it would take them a long time since I have so much hair but it took them maybe an hour at the most to do my hair. I was out of there around 1 p.m. give or take a few minutes. What kind of hair style do you have in mind for your wedding?

HI Everyone, I am a newbie! but i really need some help. I am all set for the Iberostar Paraiso Beach Resort and plan to get married on the Beach in April 2010. I've noticed many brides plan to marry at the Gazebo. Is there anyone out there who plans to marry on the beach? I'm just worried about guests at the resort being so close to us during the ceremony. I dont mind people watching, but i saw a few photos of someone's beach wedding and you could see people in the shot & in the background and to me it just looked really cheesy. i was wondering if anyone else had these reservations about a beach ceremony?

Thanks so much!

Adriana

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009 View Post
Hey BBtoB, I got married at 4:30 p.m. and had my hair done at 12 p.m. at the salon. I thought it would take them a long time since I have so much hair but it took them maybe an hour at the most to do my hair. I was out of there around 1 p.m. give or take a few minutes. What kind of hair style do you have in mind for your wedding?
Thanks! That is good! I was thinking 11am, so same ballpark. I too have a ton of hair! I am doing a half up, hald down do with lots of curls. My hair is stick straight so there in itself lies the time need. Maybe I should do earlier even? I antipciate at least two hours. It takes me over an hour if I curl my hair.(which I rarley do!)