Quote:
Originally Posted by toshalea View Post
Thanks!
I am just concerned about the DJ- I've read that he doesn't speak English so you have to have someone do announcements anyway. Is this true??
I emailed DJ Bob- reviews on here say he's great- and he quoted me $600 for 4 hours. My reception is only 2 hrs so I am waiting for that price quote. I'm not sure that I want to spend that much more when I can make a playlist on my IPod and use it for $100!
Any suggestions?
I met DJ Bob while I was there...he was really cool! I asked him how much he would charge and it was more than I wanted to spend. But if I had the money in my budget I would hired him. But we still had a blast! My BH did our announcements. The IB DJ is really nice, his english is not perfect, but he understands a little like song titles and artists etc. It was coold cuz he played things liek YMCa and other wedding favs that I did not have on my playlist. Be sure to not dilly dally on getting from the wedding dinner to the Los Vitrales room. We had the room from 830-1030, and they turned the lights on on 1030 on the button! And cut off the music. We were late getting there so we cut ourselves short out of party time. Just FYI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshalea View Post
Thanks ladies :) I have a small number of guests right now, so I am leaning towards the hotel DJ. Did he use lights and such that a regular DJ would?
The lights in the room have a dimmer, so it had nice ambiance, I also brought tea lights.

hi there

We are getting married at the iberostar Paraiso Maya. We decided pull out of the sensatori resort after problems with the hotel. We are so excited to be getting married here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam33 View Post
hi there

We are getting married at the iberostar Paraiso Maya. We decided pull out of the sensatori resort after problems with the hotel. We are so excited to be getting married here.
Awesome! I'm getting married there too! there is an Iberostar 2010 thread that Finleys started....its great! I love this thread as well.

Hmmm... is the Rhapsody bar the same as the Los Vitrales? If it isn't how big is the Rhapsody bar? I'm trying to debate if it's worth having a reception with only a dozen people. Or just have a cocktail thing only.

jpitts

Do you mind sharing the list that you need to fill out. Just curious of the things we need to specify before we get down there.

Thanks,

Shannon

If you want to email it...shannon.finley@moodys.com