I have a few questions...maybe you girls can help me. I have been doing all of my plansand budgeting off of the price list that Gabriela sent me several months ago. Last night I was on the Iberostar website and the prices and options are quite different. My sheet said the Aqua Bar is for 20 people and online it said for 25. Then, there was El Puente for groups smaller than 20 online. I don't even know what that is. My group is at 18 right now. Some people still say they are coming but, I am not holding my breath. So I guess my question is what information should I be going off of and do you know what EL Puenta is? I have emailed the WC at the beach several times over the last couple of weeks. I think the swine flu has them pretty busy with moving and rescheduling weddings. Thanks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunandrun View Post
trevess,
You look so beautiful!!! It look like your day was wonderful!
Thanks so much! We had a blast and so did all of our 45 guests! Feel free to ask me anything: carollyn_e@hotmail.com. I'm happy to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDeeken View Post
Trevess,

Beautiful pictures! I love you had your reception outside!! I didn't even know that was an option! I bet you can't have dinner out there right, just in one of the restaurants? Also, did you think it was hot being outside? We are hoping to use the Tropical restaurant which I know is open air and I'm a little nervous about how hot it might get in June. Anybody know if they let you bring your own fans?

Thanks!!
Thanks for the compliments! The only reason I knew about having the reception in the plaza at the shopping center was because a returning bride had told me about it! (You can choose to do a ceremony at the gazebo there, too, but we REALLY wanted the beach). We still had to do dinner at the Steakhouse. I chose that one bc people had told me that is the only restaurant that has a semi-private room, but the Seafood is right next door and has the EXACT SAME SET-UP as the Steakhouse. I wished that we had the reception dinner at the Seafood because the decor is SO MUCH NICER, and the food is basically the same for the large group choices. (We did the Seafood for the rehearsal dinner the night before).

Being outside was not hot at all...by the time we got out there at 8:30, the sun had been down for about 2 hours and it was nice and cool. I was worried about lighting for pictures out there and bugs, but lighting was great and pictures turned out fine, and there were NO BUGS. (Toni explained that our winter months is when they get lots of mosquitos but it is too windy for them in the Spring).

That is the other thing- PLAN for it to be WINDY at the beach ceremony. We thought that MAYBE it would be windy, maybe not, but the entire time we were there is was extremely windy at the beach and there was no chance of it not happening. It was a blessing, however, because without it the sun would have baked us!!!

Please let me know if there is anything else I can answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbellie1414 View Post
uh oh only 18 hours till we leave! Super stoked! Thank you ladies for all your help and information you have sent to my email! You all have been a life saver!
so glad things came together, can't wait to hear from you when you get back. ENJOY>>>ENJOY>>>ENJOY

Quote:
uh oh only 18 hours till we leave! Super stoked! Thank you ladies for all your help and information you have sent to my email! You all have been a life saver!
Danielle! Congratulations! Have a fabulous trip! Happy Wedding Day! smile29.gif

Muah! Hugs!

Quote:
Have so much fun and enjoy your time there! It will be fabulous!

Hi Danielle,

I hope you have a fabulous trip! And I am sure although you had to change venues at the last moment your wedding will be perfect!!!

Can't wait to hear all of details!

Quote:
Best of luck Danielle!! Your wedding will be absolutely FABULOUS!!!!