Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Everyone,

I am getting married at the Iberostar Del Mar April 24th of 2010. It is great to meet so many of you who are going through the same things as myself. I actually met a Sunandrun while in Mexico last week and she turned me onto this site. Her wedding and dress were unbelievably beautiful. I look forward to hearing from you all!

Mandee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlj1176 View Post
It is pretty hot. Not unbearable. There are plenty of shaded areas by the pool and beach that get a good breeze. Walking around during the day does get hot though.

As for the wedding...we had our ceremony on the beach and it was so windy that it didn't feel hot at all. We had fans as favors on each of the chairs during the ceremony. I had a pretty formal dress with a train so at different points I was pretty hot. The ceremony location was okay - some breeze but not much. It wasn't bad for cocktails and dinner but dancing was a different story! I danced all night so I was definitely sweating! But like I said - I think that could have been in part of having a 20 pound dress on! I didn't hear anyone complain about the heat the entire time that we were there.

We didn't ship anything down in advance. We bought a luggage scale online (best $10 I ever spent) and packed everything. Will's aunt came over a few weeks before we left and took close to 50 pounds worth of stuff to bring with her. We took the rest. We had two huge suitcases, one smaller suitcase, three carry on's, my dress, and a large cardboard box (about 50 pounds) filled with things. Since you can't carry liquids on the plane we had to check most of the OOT goodies (we had a lot of non liquids but also large bottles of lotion, after sun, pepto, etc)

Quick question for past brides - when Karla delivered our wedding paperwork she said that we had to take our marriage license to our local courthouse and register it. I just called the courthouse and they said that we don't have to do anything. Does anyone know which is the case? Thanks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlj1176 View Post
Yes, we were supposed to be at the Tropical Restaurant. About two weeks prior to our arrival we got an email from Reyna saying that we had been upgraded to the Lindo hotel and since the Del Mar was still closed that they were moving our reception to the Beach Hotel's steakhouse "El Puerto". This restaurant is exactly the same set up as the Tropical. We had to send out a mass email to our guests since the dinner choices had changed from Skirt Steak or Grouper to Tenderloin or Chicken. When we met with Karla - she told us that we were back in the Del Mar. We had explained to her that we had contacted all of our guests about the new location and food choices and we had ALL of our welcome letters printed with the information stating we would be at "El Puerto". At this point El Puerto had reservations reserved (by other guests at the hotel) for dinner but Karla worked it out with the restaurant manager (who contacted the guests to tell them their reservations were cancelled) and we ended up with the private reception at the Beach Hotel.

We used the resort DJ. I was nervous about this since I heard he doesn't speak English. We brought a CD with our first dances and then an IPOD with a wedding play list just in case. We definitely did NOT need the IPOD. The DJ was AWESOME! Everyone danced the entire time!!! We had a few guests approach him to ask if he would make CD's of the music he played that night for them. He was really very good!

My only suggestion would be to stay calm if they try and switch things around. I got the sense that with the Del Mar / Beach closing and then reopening that there was some confusion with where the weddings / receptions would be. But if they try and move things, just explain that you have everything printed and they do everything they can to get you back on track. Hopefully since the resorts have been opened for a few weeks they are back on track.

Also, with so many guests it is easy to feel overwhelmed and torn between people. What we did is picked an area at the pool and made sure everyone knew where it was (by the pool bar...lol). That way if we went to the beach, or our guests went to the beach, lunch, etc. eventually we all made it back to the same spot (people filtered in and out all day). The pools are large so it was easier than trying to spot people walking by. We were all in and out of the pool but there was always a few people in that area.

Not sure if you are doing OOT bags for your guests. Since we had such a large amount we didn't want to hand them all over. So I made a list in Excel of who was checking in on what day (and the amount of bags for each room). Each morning we rolled a suitcase up to the lobby with the list and OOT bags and gave them to the front desk. They would go over the list and make sure that they had the reservations in the system and then hand them out as our guests arrived. It was very simple and we did not have any issues with missing bags / guest not getting them.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

We have all of the OOT bags in 3 big boxes to be checked. Did the airport give you any trouble with that? We are also going to have 2 huge suitcases, a smaller one, 2 carryons and my dress. How much was it to check the box? We are flying Delta and I know if varies but just to give us an idea, of how much yours weighed and how much it was. THANKSSSS!!! Stacy

Hey girls, I am back....leaving again in 2 days for Australia and then New Zealand. So just here to unpack and repack, etc.

But the wedding was amazing! The beach location was perfect! It was hot, but the on the beach we had an awesome breeze at 4;30pm.

No free upgrades, we asked and got shot down. We upgraded to the Grand adn it was absolutley worth every penny. The most amazing resort EVER!

Here are some pics. The galaxy was hilarious! We went there 3 nights in a row and had a blast! Also, FYI Juan at the Lindo lobby bar is the bomb! Love him!

Anyhoo, the wedding was perfect! Tony and Lily were amazing! Flowers were perfect, beyond my expecations.

My aunt was a our photog...haven't got her pics back, but my dad and a freinds took a bunch of pics. We did a TTD, my dad was there too, so he snapped some shots, I cropped and edited. So here for your viewing pleasure. Take care, take to you all when we get back. Congrats to all the new brides, and Danielle, sounds like you are expecting!? Congrats!!! Woo hoo!

Click the image to open in full size.

We have all of the OOT bags in 3 big boxes to be checked. Did the airport give you any trouble with that? We are also going to have 2 huge suitcases, a smaller one, 2 carryons and my dress. How much was it to check the box? We are flying Delta and I know if varies but just to give us an idea, of how much yours weighed and how much it was. THANKSSSS!!! Stacy

Hi Stacy,

We flew USA3000. We checked two of our suitcases for free (first two bags on an international flight with USA3000 is free). The box and other suitcases cost us $25 to ship. The guy at the counter told us you really aren't supposed to ship a card board box but really didn't give us a problem about it. We just said we didn't know that and he stapled (instead of taped) the destination information.

We carried on way more than they should have allowed but they didn't say anything to us. They didn't have a closet for my dress (there was another bride with her dress on the flight too) so they used the overhead compartment to lay both of our dresses flat (one on top of each other). I thought for sure that I was going to have to get my dress resteamed when I got there (it was taffeta) but surprisingly enough it was wrinkle free when we got to the hotel.

Hope that helps!