Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all! Getting so close to the wedding, I'm really nervous. Plus I'm a procrastinator and with all these hotel changes/etc, I'm still doing things I should have done months ago.

If anyone is interested, here are my engagement pics, we took them ourselves (well my BFF with my new camera)...feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook if you wish as well!

Katie Crowe Foster's Photos - Engagement Photos | Facebook

Does anyone have a copy of the ceremony script used by the Iberostar resorts. We are doing the blessing package. Did anyone write their own vows?

We get married 1 month from today...can't wait!

Stina-I loved your pictures. You looked wonderful! I am glad your day was so great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelynn View Post
Stina,
You looked great! Great pics!! Where did you get the brownies from? Cute idea!! How did you know what to put on the fan programs for the ceremony? Did you make them yourself?

Thanks,
Noel
Thanks Noel! I got the brownies from Ah Cacao in Playa. I read all these wonderful reviews about them on trip advisor. They were really yummy and they come with these cool tags that explain the history of chocolate and how it was founded in Mexico. I wanted something authentic to Mexico to give to the guests. Yes, I made the fan programs myself! I just googled wedding programs to get an idea of what people put on theirs and then I tailored it to fit my ceremony. Reyna emailed me the ceremony ahead of time so I was able to incorporate that into the program. They came in very handy! It was pretty hot during the ceremony!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrot View Post
Stina- your pictures are great! Everything seemed wonderful. I'm so impressed with your placecards and brownie favors! Did you use Iberostar photographers?
Thanks Amy! I made the placecards myself - very easy! No, I used Cecilia Dumas. I think she did a great job with all the pics - except for the reception. I will have to post those along with my review later. In my opinion she really messed up a lot of my reception pics...more on that later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail View Post
they orig told me that to. but had a meeting yesterday and del mar not opening. i didn't ask about beach. my ta upgraded us last week so we are staying at maya, but don't know where to have rec. reyna's e mail last night said steak house at beach but i know nothing about it. she said it is identical to tropical. sorry but at this point i trust nothing they say

Hi Gail,

Reyna emailed me at 11 pm last night telling me that we are now being upgraded to the Lindo. She send a PDF about the steakhouse but not much information about it. I am happy for the upgrade - but really frustrated about the wedding portion of our trip.

Have you found out any information regarding the steakhouse? Is it a "private" venue? Is it open air like the the Tropical? I am wondering if we just have to go there for dinner and then plan a separate area for drinks / dancing?

Any help anyone can give me regarding the Lindo would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Jennifer

Gail I just wanna wish you luck, you'll be leaving soon! Super excited for you! Please, let me know the second you come back your a sweet heart and if there is anything you need feel free to email me! Remember sit back and relax your 1st MIAMI VICE is on me LOL the rest you will have to pay for on your own! HAHA... Trust me and get one they are the shiznit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlj1176 View Post
Hi Gail,

Reyna emailed me at 11 pm last night telling me that we are now being upgraded to the Lindo. She send a PDF about the steakhouse but not much information about it. I am happy for the upgrade - but really frustrated about the wedding portion of our trip.

Have you found out any information regarding the steakhouse? Is it a "private" venue? Is it open air like the the Tropical? I am wondering if we just have to go there for dinner and then plan a separate area for drinks / dancing?

Any help anyone can give me regarding the Lindo would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Jennifer
We ate at the steak house one night it has awesome food! The tenderlion is excelent. It is not an open air restaurant - it's air conditioned- and is located right by the lobby of the maya (if we are talking about the same one I forget the name). I have pics of it in my non pro pics the link is listed in my signuture section. It is kinda "T" shaped with 3 seperate rooms but all interconnected so unless they are shutting down the entire restaurant this will not be private enough to have a dance off! The decor is nice but it does have light fixtures in the shapes of bull horns so be forwarned. There is also a room that has a huge mural of a bull. Therefore, you will probably need to schedule for an event after dinner to have cocktails/dancing...

Thanks for the information, Danielle! I am not sure if it is the same steakhouse. Reyna has not gotten back to me yet. Reyna said the steakhouse was on the "beach side". So I am not sure what that means.

Is there a fee for having the dinner at the steakhouse (or any of the restaurants)?

Also, does anyone know the cost for renting the convention center with the lounge set up? I am assuming it would be $6 per person / per hour to have open bar?

Thanks!