Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!

Gail - for you!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

I would ask them to cover up that fridge in the background, I should have though of that but I didn't even realize it was there until it was too late. Can you rent the whole thing out so you can have a private reception? That would probably be best.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stina your pictures are beautiful!! I loved your cake! Did the resort do that or did you get it from somewhere else?

I can't wait to read your review too. Now that I'm in the planning stages it's so nice to read about everyone's experiences and get some ideas for our wedding.

Thanks so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbride789 View Post
paraisobeachbride2009, were you seated in a somewhat semi-private back area of the steak house? was the restaurant a trek from the gazebo where you got married?
No, actually we were smack dab in the middle of the steakhouse lol! It was a little weird being in the middle and having a non-private dinner with a bunch of onlookers. The steakhouse is very far from the gazebo. The gazebo is just off of the theater (near the lobby) and the steakhouse a la carte is down by the beach practically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDeeken View Post
Stina your pictures are beautiful!! I loved your cake! Did the resort do that or did you get it from somewhere else?

I can't wait to read your review too. Now that I'm in the planning stages it's so nice to read about everyone's experiences and get some ideas for our wedding.

Thanks so much!!
Thank you! I heard the resort cakes didn't taste so great, so we went with an outside cafe called Pasteleteria. You can email Catalina at ventaspastel@hotmail.com. She doesn't always respond too quickly, but for the most part she had everything covered. The cake was similar to what I asked for, but the fondant and colored icing was melting in the heat! Also, I was expecting real pink roses on top of the cake, but to my surprise they put fake ones on there! I didn't really care at that point though. They have one location in Cancun and one in Playa. We did a cake tasting a few days before the wedding and their cakes were pretty darn good. And their cafe was super cute! I also heard Turtle Bay Cafe was good for cakes as well, but I haven't personally tried their food or cakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stina168 View Post
Hi girls! I'm in the process of writing my review of my wedding at the Del Mar...I hope to have it up in the next week or so. In the meantime, I put together a condensed version of our professional pics from the wedding. I tried to include a little bit of everything so you can see different parts of the wedding, including hair, flowers, decorations, etc. We had the reception in the gazebo and had the cocktail hour on the terrace of the Tropical Restaurant and had the reception inside the Tropical Restaurant. Everything turned out amazing! Let me know if you have any questions! Stina168@aol.com

Kodakgallery.com: Slideshow

You may need to set up a login to view these, but it's free. Hopefully this link works!
Stina,
You looked great! Great pics!! Where did you get the brownies from? Cute idea!! How did you know what to put on the fan programs for the ceremony? Did you make them yourself?

Thanks,
Noel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbellie1414 View Post
we just repeated the judges vows no writting of our own.... No readers either just did the basic civil legal ceremony. it took all of 10 minutes (15 if that)!
Thanks! And thank you for sharing your wedding experience, very helpful!! I love seeing how everyone's wedding turns out!! Just beautiful! :-)