• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrae99 View Post
dbellie - WTF! That is ridiculous.

Wait, I'm leaving on a Monday on USA 3000. Crap.
I wouldn't worry... mine got cancelled because passangers cancelled and there wasn't enough people to fill their plane so they cancelled the fliight... Yep, they can do that! But you are a ways away I wouldn't worry.

Still no idea what I'm gonna do have to wait till tommorrow to see if we can find 30 seats on a different carrier (which than people won't be refunded in time and have to shell out more cash) or if we should just switch the dates around and tell people well instead of going 5 days you have to go 4 on usa 3000 (which the real kick in the nuts is even if we decide to tell people that, we only have 18 available seats but we have 25 people LOL) that's histarical! Note to self: waaayyyyy tooooo much vodka in this drink! just have to wait and see, the saga continues HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbellie1414 View Post
Seriously, I just can't catch a break!!!

so if swine flu wasn't enough (we still pushed forward), drug cartel (we still pushed forward), guests wanting to cancel (we still pushed forward), earthquakes (we still pushed forward) NOW MY MOTHER F-ING USA 3000 AIRLINE JUST CANCELED ALL FLIGHT JUST LEAVING ON MONDAYS! They had to do just monday;s they couldn't do a TUESDAY COULD THEY?!?!?! ahhh no biggy right hahahaha all my fucking guests leave or go on a monday, I can't catch a break, on the real... I now need to find 30 something seats on a airline carrier and we leave in what 11 days HAHAHAHA, i think it's time to throw that towl in and go into a alchol induced como. I want the drug cartel to come kidnap me, so I can get into mexico - seriously you can sell me and all my guests (which are gonna cancel anyways) on the black market just let us GET TO MEXICO on the dates we wanted! funny cuz i ain't even that upset, I think i am still in shock yep ummm definetly in shock watch it hit me in an hour or two and don't worry about seeing the swine flu all over the news you will see "deranged chicagian women blows up mexico" LOL

That is some unbelievable Horse shit! Ok, so here is what i would do if I was you. I would call the ass clown of a airline and demand that they get you and your guests on a new flight that day or expect a lawsuit and a field day with the media. Or you could go the other way and play super nice. I am sure you have prolly already done this....but I am just so pissed for you...I will be happy to call for you! Uuggghhh! I am so sorry...I still love your attitude and think you are amazing! Vodka rules!!!!S&M.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDeeken View Post
Hi Girls,

Thanks for all the info! I am still new to the forum and its been so helpful! We have been doing alot of shopping around of resorts and still keep coming back to the iberostar! I had a few questions that I was hoping someone would be able to answer for me:

1. How many people can fit around the garden gazebo? The chapel?

2. If we choose to stay in the Lindo or the Maya would we still be allowed to use the gazebo and the tropical restaurant?

3. Are there any other options for a private reception? I thought I saw a photo of a reception held in the breakfast buffet restaurant (la laguna at the Maya I think?) If so what are the costs?

Thanks so much!! Also "FutureBotter" this is "FutureLanning" thank for recommeding the site =)

Leah

Hey! I thought I could help answer some of your questions. I'm getting married on the Lindo/Maya side this June. Swine flu or no swine flu!

I'm not sure about the number of people that can fit in the gazebos and chapel. But here is a pic of the Lindo/Maya gazebo that I got from the WC. We will be having 22 guests plus us.

For a reception, we are having dinner at the Steakhouse on property and then renting a private room for dancing, the Los Vitrales room. It is costing us $50 plus $6 per person per hour for open bar. I will try to post a pic of this as well.

Maya Lindo Gazebo.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009 View Post
Danielle - omg girl, you are having a bad bout of bad luck! I'm so sorry you have to go through all this but like the girls said, you have a great attitude, so I'm sure you'll persevere! *hugs*

Kathy, Just wanted to say I love your new pics!

Danielle,

I feel you r pain and heart ache and I have 5 wks. I also have tried to keep positive, saying no matter what we are going. But, how many times can we be kicked down. Half of my guests are flying from Baltimore and half from Pittsburgh. The Balt charter has already been cancelled. My TA says as we get closer ours may cancel also. Apples charter (USA 3000) they cancel if plane not full as many others do. Well, you know people are going to cancel. CAN"T TAKE IT.

I say we all go together and have A GROUP WEDDING AND PARTY OUR ASSES OFF and f... everyone and everything else.

I sent this e mail today after working nights and being up over 24 hrs- when I still had hope! The VP today telling people not to travel on airplanes didn't help.

Dear friends & family,

Hello! First off, we are very excited about our upcoming wedding! However, we do want to address the "elephant in the room" - the "Swine Flu" which has unfortunately hit Mexico City. We want you all to know that we are on alert and are watching the situation closely. As you know, the U.S. media has a tendency to sensationalize these things.

So after many hours of frantic research, phone calls, and some serious soul searching... We have decided that we do not want to move the location of the wedding unless it is absolutely necessary. We still have a little more than 5 weeks, and we are praying that all of this swine flu stuff passes over. What we want for our wedding is to relax with you all in Sunny Mexico. If the situation does not get better, we may have to consider a different location. This is not the outcome that we want, but we are aware that the decision may not be up to us.

The situation in Mexico seems to change each hour.

As of right now there is NOT a travel ban to Mexico. A fellow "Destination Wedding bride" personally contacted the CDC and this is what she had to say:

"Greetings All!

I wanted to let all of you know that I just got off the phone with the CDC. I wanted them to clarify "non-essential travel" as it pertains to our situation. As of now they would NOT recommending that we cancel wedding plans as we have invested a lot of time and money in planning (therefore it is essential to us). I do understand that many of you have families that are your number one priority. Please know that we are monitoring this very closely. I will call the CDC back in a few days and will give you an update"

Please understand that this is just another strain of the flu. Every year 300,000-500,000 people world wide die annually from the "regular flu". Mexico City is not very clean (for the most part) and is the 2nd largest city in the world with 22 MILLION people! It is of course sad that some fatalities have occurred, however 150 out of 22,000,000 is not to be unexpected from a flu outbreak like this (in other words, it is not out of the norm).

Here is a good article from CNN: Regular flu has killed thousands since January - CNN.com

Every single person outside of Mexico has survived this flu and in fact has only reported MILD strains. They are not sure why it hit Mexico City so hard, but that is currently under investigation. Cancun is about a 30 hour driving trip to Mexico City. I checked with the resort on yesterday and business is running as normal. It is reported that even in Mexico City, the flu is beginning to level out. Our contact in Mexico City states that they will re-open schools and other public places on May 6th.

** So, all in all - as long as there is not a travel ban imposed on Mexico, and the situation doesn't worsen or spead to the Riviera Maya area-we plan on going! **

And as always, CNN is a great source for news. Please try and stay away from channels like FOX, etc. - they really feed off of sensationalizing these kinds of things.

A lot can and is expected to happen in the next 5 weeks. We of course have all of you in our thoughts and in the end it is your decision. We will continue to keep ourselves educated and updated on the situation, and hope you will do the same. If you choose to cancel we understand, but at this stage feel it's premature.

FOR THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED:

***There are 2 anti-viral medications which have proven very effective in treating this strain of the flu: those are 1) Tamiflu and 2) Relenza***

These MAY BE TAKEN AS EFFECTIVE PREVENTATIVE MEASURES if you are concerned! Just go to your doctor and tell them you are visiting Mexico and request a prescription. And hey - we don't mind if you want to wear masks - would make for some interesting photo ops!

We hope to have alleviated some of your fears, and let you know that we are thinking about everyone. We do not feel at this time that there is need for worry. Remember: "Fear" can be the worst 4 letter word out there!

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you in Mexico!!!

Love Cary and Gail

BBtoB - Thanks so much! blush2.gif I'm glad you like them!

Gail - Group wedding with a big ass party, that sounds fun right about now! I can't tell you how sorry I am that this is happening to you and all upcoming brides, my heart is breaking for you all. If there's anything I can do to help you out, please let me know! <3 I think that you worded that letter perfectly. I hope your friends and family will be understanding of your feelings and the situation.