Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a question for our newleyweds or anyone that has done your music for the wedding.

I am putting together music and wondering how long it all should be.

Seating time for guests

Mothers enter

Groom and Bridal Party

Bride

Bride and Groom Exit

I did a search and didn't find anything...although did find the great info on ipods!

Any help would be great! Thanks gals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan's girl View Post
This was the most confusing and frustrating part of the entire process of getting married in Mexico. We were told (time and time again) that we needed to order the long version of our birth certificates, have them translated into Spanish, and notarized and authenticated to have a legal ceremony at the Lindo. I had a friend that was getting married at the Del Mar a month before our wedding and she didn't need to get any of that stuff for her legal wedding. They just kept telling me that the different resorts within the Iberostar complex had different requirements. Whatever. So we went ahead, ordered our long version birth certificates, had an official translator to translate them into Spanish, had a lawyer notarize them before sending them off to the Foreign Affairs and the Mexican Consulate with a $200 money order to have them legalized and authenticated. When we hadn't received our documents a week before we were leaving we contacted foreign affairs to find out why they hadn't come. As it turns out, Foreign Affairs LOST our documents (original birth certs, translated copies, letter from laywer...everything). So needless to say, we were pretty much screwed for getting all of the stuff in time and at this point had wasted almost $500 in the process. With other stuff to worry about, FI and I both decided that we weren't going to stress about it, that we were going to go have the wedding of our dreams even if it meant having a blessing ceremony and getting legally married when we got home (having a legal ceremony was very important to me).

After all of that, it turns out that those documents are no longer needed. All that was required of us for a legal wedding were our birth certificates.

So I guess to answer your question (and I must apologize for the long rant...can you tell that I am a little bitter?), you DO NOT need to have a Spanish translation or an apostille.

Ryan's Girl - I am just now catching up on the forum and just read your post. Thank you so much!!!! I cannot tell you what a help this is.

smile03.gif

I can't believe everything you had to go through (and are still going through trying to get your docs back!) If it helps, know that you have kept other brides from going through the same thing for nothing. You have been a huge help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtoB View Post
Ooh! Good question! I am curious about that as well! eek!

BTW, I love your thread Dbellie! Great job on everything! Yay! Your day is coming up so soon!!! Wow!
So check out these sites they explain some stuff on forms we'll need to fill out when entering the country (tourist card and hacienda) and about the $300 worth of stuff we can bring in...

Mexican airport-customs

Mexican airport- immigration

Aduana México

Thanks girls for continually sharing all your goodies! We're just about 3 months away! Getting nervous, but excited all at the same time!

As for the swine flu ... I'm just excited it may drop our trip pirce yet again! Already have gotten over 1500 back since first booking it! Yippee!!!!

If anything, maybe check with your PCP and they may have some vaccination that may get a little bit of a security net for us. Don't really know much about it, but will be looking into it more now!

the only thing you really have to look at is:

Mexico

At the top will list all travel alerts/advisories issued by the us goverment for traveling to mexico. Other than that I wouldn't worry to much, your more likely to catch it in the states than in Riviera Maya Mexico! We are gonna be over 1000 miles from Mexico City and all in all IT'S JUST THE FLU. People are dying because they don't seek medical attention but how many can really afford it in Mexico City it's very poor!?! Right now the center for disease control still isn't sure how many people in fact dyed of swine flu because they are still conducting atopsies, the news is just reporting it as EVERYONE dyed of swine flu. Got to be carefull about watching the news (I am sooo a conspiracy theorist when it comes to the news) so don't take it from me, do the homework check out goverement issued notices and the cdc (center for disease control).

I am having a heck of a time trying to explain this to my guests that are leaving in 14 days so I just gave up and said "cancel your trip if you feel it necessary". We leave in 14 days and this is out of our hands just gotta wait it out.

Danielle - I'm really sorry to hear your guests are freaking out and thinking about cancelling their trips because of that! I'm sure you will go and have a great time and you won't get sick at all. The only way people get sick when travelling is if they're not smart about it in the first place.

dbellie - sorry to hear that some of your guests are worried. I think the best thing you can do is what you're doing, "hey if you want to cancel then do" They can make their own choices. I had everyone under the sun telling me about the travel alerts/crime in Mexico a few months ago when we went and had to repeatedly tell people we would be fine, and we were MORE than fine...people don't understand you are in a gated resort!!! Good luck!