Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!

Kristin - OMG are you kidding me?!?! That sucks so much ass! What a bunch of f'in liars!! Why do they go around telling these poor lindo/maya brides that they need all of that crap when obviously they don't? Ugh, they don't even know wtf they are talking about when it comes to their own processes. That just makes me so freakin' mad, especially after ALL of the work that I know YOU and I both put in to finding out who's supposed to bring what to which resort (as far as civil ceremony req's go). DH and I were also prepared to just have a symbolic ceremony if worse came to worse, though thankfully it didn't...but still! *HUGE HUGS* to ya! That is just insane....

Looks like my post earlier about lindo/maya civil ceremony reqs is out the window...but that's ok, it means less work for all you lovely ladies! wink.gif

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by briscoecrown View Post
Paraisobeachbride2009---- Were you completely satisfied with the wording the judge used for your ceremony? Did it sound 'legal'? Or did it have a love feel? Did it have any traditional stuff... i.e. 'to have & to hold'... 'you may kiss your bride'?

I'm really trying to get an idea of what to expect. I asked the WC if we could add anything to the ceremony and here's the response I received.

"Appreciating the time you spend to be in contact with us I regret to inform you that the judge can no read special vows in the ceremony because the government provides to the judge specific wording to performance the wedding ceremony and that information is confidential. In case you would like to have an additional ceremony with a minister I would like to inform you that you can pay for a minister $350 usd and include both ceremonies in your wedding date. The advantage of the minister is that you can have your own votes or change some wording in the ceremony."

Right now, the last thing I want to do is pay another fee. Besides, the idea of us going through two seperate ceremonies performed by two different officiants doesn't sound too appealing. Not to mention, having my guests sweating in the sun.

Any thoughts? I appreciate any feedback.
Briscoecrown-the judge who performed our ceremony was awesome. Her english was great and she had a really good sense of humor. She did read what is required of her, but she added some of her own humor into it. She did give us the opportunity to say our own vows, which we hadn't prepared, so she went ahead with the traditional "in sickness and in health...". The ceremony was short and sweet.

As far as I know from my communication with Toni, you can choose to add your own things to the ceremony, but the judge cannot perform any of them for you. You do not have to pay the $350 fee for the minister. We had my nephew read our sand ceremony, and Toni asked us if we would like to have it done before the judge announced us husband and wife or after the judge had finished. I wonder if she is just confusing your question with having the judge perform other things for you?

I think that we have the wording that the judge used for our legal ceremony. I'll take a look tomorrow and post it if we do!

I hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009 View Post
Kristin - OMG are you kidding me?!?! That sucks so much ass! What a bunch of f'in liars!! Why do they go around telling these poor lindo/maya brides that they need all of that crap when obviously they don't? Ugh, they don't even know wtf they are talking about when it comes to their own processes. That just makes me so freakin' mad, especially after ALL of the work that I know YOU and I both put in to finding out who's supposed to bring what to which resort (as far as civil ceremony req's go). DH and I were also prepared to just have a symbolic ceremony if worse came to worse, though thankfully it didn't...but still! *HUGE HUGS* to ya! That is just insane....

Looks like my post earlier about lindo/maya civil ceremony reqs is out the window...but that's ok, it means less work for all you lovely ladies! wink.gif
You honestly don't know how frustrating the process was. When we wanted to focus on getting everything ready for the wedding we were left with dealing with the fact that they lost our original documents and trying to deal with them is nearly impossible. They just don't care.

I am actually in the process of writing a letter to Toni and Lily about changing the requirements written on all of their documents for the Lindo/Maya to save future brides the trouble and money that is involved in the process that is NOT even needed! It is the one and only thing that I am bitter about related to our wedding.

FI is also dealing with the Mexican Consulate about our lost documents and the $200 money order that they cashed for their apparent services on our documents (that we still haven't received...how does that work?). At this point, I don't even care, I just don't want our original birth certificates floating out there somewhere!

Quote:
Kristin - I think we may have had the same judge. :) Sounds like the exact same woman to me anyhow hehe. I posted the judges ceremony that was provided to me a few pages back....is this the same stuff that she said at your ceremony?
Oh my god, I just went to look at your pics again to see if I could find your judge in one of your pictures....and we did have the same judge! I absolutely loved her and even my guests were talking about how great she was after the ceremony.

I think she gave me at least 5 chances to change my mind about getting married during the ceremony and she told us that a Mexican kiss lasts about 5 minutes so she'd start her watch and tell us when we could stop! She was actually quite funny.

And yup, same basic ceremony wording!

Kristin - That's a great idea, I would definitely write the lindo/maya staff and suggest this. It's so weird because they actually go around telling brides that these are things they DO need...yet they don't. That's just messed up. I sincerely hope you and your DH can get your money AND birth certificates back...it's worth a shot. I love how they've cashed your $200 money ordered for "services rendered" when they lost your stuff *rolls eyes* these places really need to take better care of things if they want people to have any kind of faith in them at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan's girl View Post
Oh my god, I just went to look at your pics again to see if I could find your judge in one of your pictures....and we did have the same judge! I absolutely loved her and even my guests were talking about how great she was after the ceremony.

I think she gave me at least 5 chances to change my mind about getting married during the ceremony and she told us that a Mexican kiss lasts about 5 minutes so she'd start her watch and tell us when we could stop! She was actually quite funny.

And yup, same basic ceremony wording!
hahaha, isn't she just the cutest?!?!? I LOVED her!! Yeah, she gave us ample opportunity to change our minds too haha (in a joking way of course!) and she kept teasing DH about having to "pay for the kiss first" by marrying me lol. She was a riot, I know many of our guests really enjoyed her too.

Quote:
jlj1176 - We did a civil ceremony and it is required in Mexico to have four witnesses sign the document, yes. I don't believe any witnesses at all are required for symbolic/blessings ceremonies but I'm not sure.
Hi all:

Regarding the blessing...no witnesses and you only have to be there two days prior, versus the four for you and your witnesses for the civil. Also, I think you can change at the last minute....you havn't paid and if they can book the minister the same day too, then they can cancel the judge and book the minister. Someone on the MR. Iberostar sight was nice enough to mail me the blessing wording. HEre it is:

Marriage Celebration of

and

Cancún, Quintana Roo, México

GATHERING WORDS

We have come together, family and friends, in the presence of God, to uphold you

and ,as you make your vows of marriage. We celebrate

with you the love you have discovered in each other, and we support your decision to commit yourselves to one another for the rest of your lives.

Marriage is a holy estate born in the love of God. Our ceremony today is based on the relationship that you and share, and on your faith in God, for it is a covenant. We affirm this love you have for each other as part of Godâ€s will for your lives.

Let us pray.

OPENING PRAYER

O Lord Almighty, we ask you to bless this marriage, and seal the commitment of these, Your children, with Your divine love. We pray that the words and spirit of our gathering may be filled with meaning, which will deepen with the passing years, through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Amen.

CHARGE TO THE COUPLE

and ,today is a very special day in your lives. Now you have decided to live your lives together as husband and wife, promising to face the future together, accepting whatever may lie ahead. Soon you will be declared man and wife, but you will have to decide each day that stretches out before you that you truly want to be married.

Love makes the burdens lighter, because you divide them. It makes joys more intense because you share them. It makes you stronger so you can reach out and become involved in life in ways you dared not risk alone.

SCRIPTURE LESSON

As a matter of fact the word of God shares much with us about love and specifically how we are to love one another. I would like to read a passage from the 13th Chapter of the first book of Corinthians. This chapter is called the Love Chapter. Pay close attention to the part where it gives us instruction as to how we should love one another; and may this be your guide throughout your life together.

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, love does not parade itself. It is not proud. It is not rude. It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.....

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.

But the greatest of these ........is love.

DECLARATION OF CONSENT

The covenant of marriage is one that can be entered into only by persons who are both legally and spiritually free to offer themselves to one another.

,do you come of your own free will and with a conscious desire to be united in marriage with ?

Answer: I do

,do you come of your own free will and with a conscious desire to be united in marriage with ?

Answer: I do

and do you both promise to care for each other in the joys and sorrows of life, come what may, and to share the responsibility for growth and enrichment of your life together ?

Answer: We do

EXCHANGE OF VOWS

Minister to Couple- Will you please, facing each other, now join hands ?

Minister to Groom- , please repeat after me:

I, ,TAKE YOU, TO BE MY WIFE.......TO HAVE AND TO HOLD.......FROM THIS DAY FORWARD......FOR RICHER OR POORER...IN

SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH......AND FORSAKING ALL OTHERS......GIVING MYSELF ONLY TO YOU.......FOR AS LONG AS WE BOTH SHALL LIVE......

Minister to Bride: ,please repeat after me:

I, ,TAKE YOU, TO BE MY HUSBAND.......TO HAVE

AND TO HOLD......FROM THIS DAY FORWARD.....FOR RICHER OR POORER.....IN SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH...... AND FORSAKING ALL OTHERS........GIVING

MYSELF ONLY TO YOU ........FOR AS LONG AS WE BOTH SHALL LIVE......

You and have pledged your devotion to each other. I must remind you however, it is not these words that make your marriage real, but the God of love who has welded your hearts together as one. What God has joined, let no man separate.

What token of your love and affection have you to offer each other ? These rings.

Minister to Groom: place this ring on ´s finger. Now while holding her hand please repeat after me. I give you this ring......as a symbol of my solemn vow.....with my heart and soul.....and with all that I am.....and all that I have.....I honor you.....in gratefulness to you.....for the love that you are.....and for your presence in my life....With this ring I thee wed.

Minister to Bride: place the ring on ´s finger. Now while holding his hand please repeat after me. I give you this ring.....as a symbol of my solemn vow.....with my heart and soul.....and with all that I am.....and all that I have..... I honor you ....in gratefulness to you..... for the love that you are..... and for your presence in my life.....With this ring I thee wed.

A ring is a fitting symbol to represent the covenant you are making today, a circle, the emblem of eternity, reminding you that your love, devotion, and commitment to one another are to be forever.

and your lives are now joined in one unbroken circle.

Wherever you go may you always return to one another. May you grow in understanding and in compassion. May the home that you will have together be always full of love, laughter, family and friends. May these rings on your fingers symbolize the spirit of love that is in your hearts.

We thank God again for this time of celebration and ask for His continued blessings in your lives as you now live together as one. We also give thanks for the moment that brings and together in marriage. We celebrate with them the hopes they have for their life together.

We give thanks O Lord, for the relationship here celebrated. In your presence we are humbled by the recognition that today they face a new future, one which love has unfolded and is unfolding before our very eyes. Often marriage is viewed as the union of two persons. In reality, marriage is much broader. It is always a joining of two families.

All love is nurtured and guided by the love of others. Each of us counts on relatives, friends and neighbors for the caring and concern that replenishes our own ability to love.

and are joined together in a new way this day, in the midst of the affection and friendship of you all, and most especially, in the presence of God and those whose love has been their life´s companion, their families.

A beautiful American blessing says:

“Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter to the other. Now you will no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other. Now there will be no loneliness, for each of you will be companion to the other. Now you are two persons, but there is only one life before you. May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead and through all the years. May happiness be your companion, and your days together be good and long upon the earth.â€

PRONOUNCEMENT OF HUSBAND AND WIFE

Because you and , have exchanged your promises of faithful love, and because in our presence you have also exchanged symbols, which make your covenant visible, we now recognize before God and the community that you are husband and wife.

You have kissed many times, but today the feeling is new. No longer simply partners and best friends. You are now husband and wife.

Today your kiss is a promise.

You may kiss your bride.

Quote:
This was the most confusing and frustrating part of the entire process of getting married in Mexico. We were told (time and time again) that we needed to order the long version of our birth certificates, have them translated into Spanish, and notarized and authenticated to have a legal ceremony at the Lindo. I had a friend that was getting married at the Del Mar a month before our wedding and she didn't need to get any of that stuff for her legal wedding. They just kept telling me that the different resorts within the Iberostar complex had different requirements. Whatever. So we went ahead, ordered our long version birth certificates, had an official translator to translate them into Spanish, had a lawyer notarize them before sending them off to the Foreign Affairs and the Mexican Consulate with a $200 money order to have them legalized and authenticated. When we hadn't received our documents a week before we were leaving we contacted foreign affairs to find out why they hadn't come. As it turns out, Foreign Affairs LOST our documents (original birth certs, translated copies, letter from laywer...everything). So needless to say, we were pretty much screwed for getting all of the stuff in time and at this point had wasted almost $500 in the process. With other stuff to worry about, FI and I both decided that we weren't going to stress about it, that we were going to go have the wedding of our dreams even if it meant having a blessing ceremony and getting legally married when we got home (having a legal ceremony was very important to me).

After all of that, it turns out that those documents are no longer needed. All that was required of us for a legal wedding were our birth certificates.

So I guess to answer your question (and I must apologize for the long rant...can you tell that I am a little bitter?), you DO NOT need to have a Spanish translation or an apostille.

OMG!!!!! I am floored by your experience. UN - FREAKIN - BELIEVABLE!!! I can't even begin to imagine the thoughts running through your mind. Needless to say, I'm glad it worked out for you guys.

Right up until yesterday, the WC said Spanish translation is needed. They really need to get it together. Valuable time & money is spent going through this process. This makes absolutely no sense! I don't know if the WCs realize the red tape & running around involved to obtain these documents.

Well, you've put my mind at ease.... THANK YOU.

Quote:
Briscoecrown-the judge who performed our ceremony was awesome. Her english was great and she had a really good sense of humor. She did read what is required of her, but she added some of her own humor into it. She did give us the opportunity to say our own vows, which we hadn't prepared, so she went ahead with the traditional "in sickness and in health...". The ceremony was short and sweet.

As far as I know from my communication with Toni, you can choose to add your own things to the ceremony, but the judge cannot perform any of them for you. You do not have to pay the $350 fee for the minister. We had my nephew read our sand ceremony, and Toni asked us if we would like to have it done before the judge announced us husband and wife or after the judge had finished. I wonder if she is just confusing your question with having the judge perform other things for you?

I think that we have the wording that the judge used for our legal ceremony. I'll take a look tomorrow and post it if we do!

I hope this helps!
This definitely helps!! I'm thinking of having my sister and FI's brother read a scripture, poem or something to make the ceremony a little more personal.
$350 for a minister was not even a thought! & after reading your comments, we're sticking with the judge!!

Ryan's Girl, Paraisobeachbride --- Thanks so much for the feedback about the ceremony. smile03.gif