Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevess View Post
Does anyone know where I can find a link to the restaurants and their menus? (We are at the Lindo and the Grand) I was looking at them a few weeks back but now I can't find it for the life of me. Any help would be appreciated. We leave Friday morning!
Hi trevess, Have you been on the Mr. iberostar site? If you search the forums for the Lindo all sorts of info comes up including restaurants. You can also search the Grand. THis might be helpful.

Wow, two days! Yay! Congrats!

Search these links

http://www.iberostar-board.com/board...hp?board=112.0

But I think this is the one you want.
http://www.iberostar-board.com/board...hp?topic=515.0

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpitts78 View Post
You'll probably have to login into the site, but this site has lots of information about the Iberostars:

Login

The restaurant menus are found in the General - Iberostar Hotels & Resorts section
Oh hey, Jpitts, I just saw after I posted you found this one too! Great minds think alike. :)

for anyone that has had recep at tropical. I was wondering how they serve dinner , courses?? how long into rec. Reason is I am trying to decide if I should have food at cocktail hr. they gave that as a option. any thoughts??

SO I am so sad...I got this email from Toni about the Canopy....booo!!!!

"Dear. Bess

I have contact to Marha and she gives to me the information this is an

external person who makes the canopy the price is 400us or smaller one 300us

Kind regards

Antonieta Muro"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtoB View Post
SO I am so sad...I got this email from Toni about the Canopy....booo!!!!

"Dear. Bess

I have contact to Marha and she gives to me the information this is an
external person who makes the canopy the price is 400us or smaller one 300us

Kind regards
Antonieta Muro"
Hi Bess, I haven't heard back from Martha yet. I actually got my email returned again the other day and sent it back.
I find this interesting, because the canopy I used for our ceremony was owned by the Grand. hmmmm... I even saw them take it out of where it was stored and set it up the day of. I was told at first I would have to rent it for $300 USD, but then she said they bought one so it was mine for no fee. I'd be interested to see what Martha has to say. But again - I am almost positive the Maya/Lindo has something very similar to this canopy. Keep us posted as will I.
-Kristin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail View Post
for anyone that has had recep at tropical. I was wondering how they serve dinner , courses?? how long into rec. Reason is I am trying to decide if I should have food at cocktail hr. they gave that as a option. any thoughts??

I am renting out the tropical restaurant. I am not doing the cocktail hour in addition. Per Gabriela, at 6:30 (when the rental begins) they will have an appetizer buffet set up along with salads. She told me dinner would be served at 7.

We are having the ceremony at 5. I figured after the ceremony (5:30ish) the guests can go to the lobby bar or the beach bar and have a drink or two (while we are getting pictures taken) until the reception begins at 6:30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iberostar09 View Post
Hi Bess, I haven't heard back from Martha yet. I actually got my email returned again the other day and sent it back.
I find this interesting, because the canopy I used for our ceremony was owned by the Grand. hmmmm... I even saw them take it out of where it was stored and set it up the day of. I was told at first I would have to rent it for $300 USD, but then she said they bought one so it was mine for no fee. I'd be interested to see what Martha has to say. But again - I am almost positive the Maya/Lindo has something very similar to this canopy. Keep us posted as will I.
-Kristin
Thanks, Kristin. I looked back at some pics from a Lindo wedding I found and they had a smaller canopy for their wedding. So I sent the pic and asked, "well what about this pic?" we will see what she says. I am a little down on the WC at the Lindo right now...it seems everything i ask is a no or an extra fee. I had hoped they would be more like the WC at the Grand and try to accomdate. Maybe I am just being sensitive. We'll see what she says. Thanks again for asking for me. I apprecaite it.

So we also decided not to do the Los Vitrales Room. We are doing an AHR so we can do our first dances then, we will just do the dinner at the Steakhouse and have our cake served there. Is anyone else doing that too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtoB View Post
Thanks, Kristin. I looked back at some pics from a Lindo wedding I found and they had a smaller canopy for their wedding. So I sent the pic and asked, "well what about this pic?" we will see what she says. I am a little down on the WC at the Lindo right now...it seems everything i ask is a no or an extra fee. I had hoped they would be more like the WC at the Grand and try to accomdate. Maybe I am just being sensitive. We'll see what she says. Thanks again for asking for me. I apprecaite it.

So we also decided not to do the Los Vitrales Room. We are doing an AHR so we can do our first dances then, we will just do the dinner at the Steakhouse and have our cake served there. Is anyone else doing that too?
Don't get down it's all the wedding coordinators at the Iberostar's like to say 'no' not just the Lindo. Did you try an outside vendor? Maybe you can rent one for way cheaper, which is the case I found out with the Del Mar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlj1176 View Post
I am renting out the tropical restaurant. I am not doing the cocktail hour in addition. Per Gabriela, at 6:30 (when the rental begins) they will have an appetizer buffet set up along with salads. She told me dinner would be served at 7.

We are having the ceremony at 5. I figured after the ceremony (5:30ish) the guests can go to the lobby bar or the beach bar and have a drink or two (while we are getting pictures taken) until the reception begins at 6:30.
My ceremony is also at five. I was told cocktail hr 6-7 and appet additional cost pp. just cocktail for open bar 6pp and with food 12pp from Gabriella