• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by iberostar09 View Post
Happy Monday! :)
I am still working on my BDW review but just in case anyone was interested in reading my trip advisor review on the GRAND I will attach the link so you can take a peek. Obviously this was focused on the Grand and to make a few special comments to the employees that made our stay memorable, but my review for BDW will focus more on the actual wedding day and leading up to it.

Dream Wedding & Honeymoon - Review of Iberostar Grand, Playa Paraiso, Mexico - TripAdvisor
That was a great review! Thank you! I was wondering wear Martha found that Canopy you used? I sent an email to the Lindo WC to see if they have one as well. I loved that touch! It was perfect...I hope I can get one too. bunny_4.gif
May I ask how much was this?

Thanks again!!!

BBtoB - our bamboo/chiffon canopy for the ceremony? I started working with Martha last November on actual details and I was pretty up front with her from the beginning that I was not one for a lot of decoration, all I wanted was a bamboo/chiffon canopy and sent her a picture of one (like the one we had). The arch normally provided by the Grand just wanted my personal taste and this is ALL I wanted.

She first told me she would get one for me rented from a florist for $300/USD. We went back and forth for a few months because I didn't think I should have to pay. AND -I'm pretty sure one of the other Iberostars has one because I had talked to another bride who used one. But then she told me that even if the Lindo/Maya had one I couldn't use it because they are different resorts..blah blah! So we basically went back and forth until 1 month before the wedding she emailed me and surprised me saying that she got the approval to buy one for the Grand and at no fee it was mine for the wedding day (and also for any future bride ) AND - it was exactly what I wanted. So just another reason I felt Martha and the Grand went above and beyond on our requests. BUT - I wonder if you could request to see if the canopy from the Grand could be used?? I dont see why not if there isn't another wedding going on? I'd be happy to email Martha to ask her or send you pictures if you would like? Hope that helped!

-Kristin

Quote:
Originally Posted by iberostar09 View Post
BBtoB - our bamboo/chiffon canopy for the ceremony? I started working with Martha last November on actual details and I was pretty up front with her from the beginning that I was not one for a lot of decoration, all I wanted was a bamboo/chiffon canopy and sent her a picture of one (like the one we had). The arch normally provided by the Grand just wanted my personal taste and this is ALL I wanted.
She first told me she would get one for me rented from a florist for $300/USD. We went back and forth for a few months because I didn't think I should have to pay. AND -I'm pretty sure one of the other Iberostars has one because I had talked to another bride who used one. But then she told me that even if the Lindo/Maya had one I couldn't use it because they are different resorts..blah blah! So we basically went back and forth until 1 month before the wedding she emailed me and surprised me saying that she got the approval to buy one for the Grand and at no fee it was mine for the wedding day (and also for any future bride ) AND - it was exactly what I wanted. So just another reason I felt Martha and the Grand went above and beyond on our requests. BUT - I wonder if you could request to see if the canopy from the Grand could be used?? I dont see why not if there isn't another wedding going on? I'd be happy to email Martha to ask her or send you pictures if you would like? Hope that helped!
-Kristin
Wow! I really appreciate you offering to send an email to Martha to ask if you don't mind. That is so nice! I already sent one to our WC, but it usually takes a couple days for her to get back to me. That would be so generous of your time. I love the canopy and think it just adds so much! Thank you so much! We are staying at the Grand for our wedding night and the remainder of our stay, and so I loved to read all the tips you gave on trip advisor. I love that site! Almost as much as I love this one. smile03.gif Thanks again!

Bess

p.s. I love your hair flower! Gorgeous! What kind of flower is that?

a question for past brides or anyone who has been there

I am scheduling 3 dinners as group,wecome, farewell to 4 night group and thank you on our last night. Doing Jap and Brazi. What other restr would you rec?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtoB View Post
Wow! I really appreciate you offering to send an email to Martha to ask if you don't mind. That is so nice! I already sent one to our WC, but it usually takes a couple days for her to get back to me. That would be so generous of your time. I love the canopy and think it just adds so much! Thank you so much! We are staying at the Grand for our wedding night and the remainder of our stay, and so I loved to read all the tips you gave on trip advisor. I love that site! Almost as much as I love this one. smile03.gif Thanks again!

Bess

Hi Ladies...I could be wrong, but I think the Lindo does have one of these. I saw these picture from a review on the Mr. Iberostar site. This is what I want too and assumed they were the "new" decorations that I had heard the Lindo bought but can you post when you find out? Link to pics: http://alysonjermainemexico2009.shutterfly.com/

Thanks!
Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtoB View Post

Bess

Hi Bess,
I will go ahead and send an email to Martha, no problem. I'll keep you posted if it gets bounced back again. Keep me posted with what you hear back from your WC, I'm pretty sure as well that I was told the Lindo/Maya had one but they wouldn't let me use it at the Grand.
I'm not sure the actual type of flower my hair piece is, it's fake, and I ordered it from Etsy.com. I sent the girl you made it some lace from my dress and she incorporated it into it. If you are looking for a hair flower, I would be more than happy to send her vendor name and a picture!? I loved it!! :)
-Kristin