Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail View Post
My ceremony is at 5 in gazebo. Planned to rent tropical with dinner at 7. Cocktail 6-7. I was init told there was a min to rent tropical, but I can't remember number. I wasn't concerned at the time because I had enough but now i'm at 25-30 and that is if no one backs out- which is half of what I started. Everything that could happen has. I work with a lot of my friends. I'm a nurse and the hospital did a huge layoff and may do another one in 90 days. So now people can't go. My hrs have been cut. Which finan changes what I can do and with the alerts our guests taking young children don't want to come. So I'm trying not to let all this take away from our wedding but it does. So if there is a min to rent tropical I will have to find out other options. What is aqua bar? and can you do DJ ther? I already have deposit on dj and photogr for 5 hrs cause I thought we would be able to do tropical

I remember when we started negotiating for a private reception at the tropical restaurant... We told Gabriella we had 20-30 people and she was going to let us do the tropical... That was before we decided on having the private reception and renting out the brazilian steakhouse for our group which now is at 40people... So I don't see gabriella having a problem with it?!?! The aqua bar is located by the tranquil pool in the del mar. It's nice I got pics if you wanna see what it looks like I can email them... And yes ya can have a dj but I think you have to be done by 10:30pm, better double check that though! Who did you end up getting for the dj, was dj bob able to recommend anyone?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No he said he couldn't rec anyone. I booked DJ mannia. Read reviews on here and brides really like him. He was a lot more expensive though. But cheaper than anyone else I look at. I would love to see pics of aqua bar. So for those using it, they have dinner at restr then go to bar after? So is only diff bet that and tropical is you have dinner at tropical?? Thanks for florist info, he finally sent me some pics- they are great

I was wondering about you renting out the Brazilian steakhouse. Will you have the entire restaurant to yourself? How much did that cost? Are you able to bring a a DJ? We want to do our dinner there, but I didn't realize you could rent the whole restaurant out. We only have about 25 guests, so maybe this is not an option for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbellie1414 View Post
I remember when we started negotiating for a private reception at the tropical restaurant... We told Gabriella we had 20-30 people and she was going to let us do the tropical... That was before we decided on having the private reception and renting out the brazilian steakhouse... So I don't see gabriella having a problem with it?!?! The aqua bar is located by the tranquil pool in the del mar. It's nice I got pics if you wanna see what it looks like I can email them... And yes ya can have a dj but I think you have to be done by 10:30pm, better double check that though! Who did you end up getting for the dj, was dj bob able to recommend anyone?

Quote:
My ceremony is at 5 in gazebo. Planned to rent tropical with dinner at 7. Cocktail 6-7. I was init told there was a min to rent tropical, but I can't remember number. I wasn't concerned at the time because I had enough but now i'm at 25-30 and that is if no one backs out- which is half of what I started. Everything that could happen has. I work with a lot of my friends. I'm a nurse and the hospital did a huge layoff and may do another one in 90 days. So now people can't go. My hrs have been cut. Which finan changes what I can do and with the alerts our guests taking young children don't want to come. So I'm trying not to let all this take away from our wedding but it does. So if there is a min to rent tropical I will have to find out other options. What is aqua bar? and can you do DJ ther? I already have deposit on dj and photogr for 5 hrs cause I thought we would be able to do tropical
Gabriella told me that you must have a minimum of 35 people for the tropical and anything under that they will charge $18 per person extra. This is a copy of what she sent me via email:

Regarding your question, the charge its 800USD per the rent of the Tropical rest as a private event, it's an outside rest and we rent it for groups larger than 35 people, in case that you have a smaller group, you can pay for the remaining 18USD and still have it.

The charge included the open bar 4 hours, the special set up (table clothes, ribbons and chair covers) and the service as a private event during the dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralilac View Post
I was wondering about you renting out the Brazilian steakhouse. Will you have the entire restaurant to yourself? How much did that cost? Are you able to bring a a DJ? We want to do our dinner there, but I didn't realize you could rent the whole restaurant out. We only have about 25 guests, so maybe this is not an option for us.
Yep, anyone is able to rent out the Brazilian restaurant or any a la carte restuarant and yes it will be just for your group/yourself, well now they are anyways... Back when we started in Jan 08 this was unheard of and after 4months of negotiating we got them to wave the white flag. We are paying $1200 but now the cost is (I think) $800 plus $50 per person and it includes dinner and open bar and setup of tables, they changed there prices. We will have the brazilian restuarant from 630-1030pm with a outside dj that we hired, so yes you can have a dj. Anything is always possible you just have to be willing to negotiate!

Quote:
No he said he couldn't rec anyone. I booked DJ mannia. Read reviews on here and brides really like him. He was a lot more expensive though. But cheaper than anyone else I look at. I would love to see pics of aqua bar. So for those using it, they have dinner at restr then go to bar after? So is only diff bet that and tropical is you have dinner at tropical?? Thanks for florist info, he finally sent me some pics- they are great
Yep, I emailed him too... I really liked him but expensive, like you said, I read alot of reviews about him - he should be awesome (and he responds to emails super fast - I love that)!!! I sent those pics to your email - I looked it up on the past emails I sent ya- hope ya don't mind (it's easier to do it that way instead of trying to upload to this forum that takes forever)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralilac View Post
Yep, anyone is able to rent out the Brazilian restaurant or any a la carte restuarant and yes it will be just for your group/yourself, well now they are anyways... Back when we started in Jan 08 this was unheard of and after 4months of negotiating we got them to wave the white flag. We are paying $1200 but now the cost is (I think) $800 plus $50 per person and it includes dinner and open bar and setup of tables, they changed there prices. We will have the brazilian restuarant from 630-1030pm with a outside dj that we hired, so yes you can have a dj. Anything is always possible you just have to be willing to negotiate!

Quote:
Yep, I emailed him too... I really liked him but expensive, like you said, I read alot of reviews about him - he should be awesome (and he responds to emails super fast - I love that)!!! I sent those pics to your email - I looked it up on the past emails I sent ya- hope ya don't mind (it's easier to do it that way instead of trying to upload to this forum that takes forever)! Yea, the florist is a bit tardy lately in responding to emails I finally signed the contract last week- whew (1 thing down and 10,209,384,484 more things to do haha)

Hey gals! I have not posted much here but I am always reading! (I spend most of my time on the Knot DW board). We are getting married 4.14 at the Lindo- it's coming up so fast! I'm getting nervous that I have so much to do but don't really know what. I sent the WCs my 'last details' sheet and spa reservations, but I'm so scared that things won't work out like they are supposed to.

Our ceremony is at 4 on the beach. Coctail hour 5-6 at Las Olas bar (not private) near Lindo pool. Then, dinner at the Stakehouse in the Maya. I'm wondering if there is a better place to hold the coctail hour that will be closer to the Stakehouse in the Maya. Any suggestions? Also, will they come pick guests up with the trams to get there?

Does anyone know with the 'blessing' ceremony- can I tweak the ceremony wording at the Lindo? They said they would put me in touch with the officiant but I have yet to hear from them. YIKES!

Any advice is appreciated!!!

Quote:
I heard back from Gabriela and she said there is a 40 person minimum to rent the Tropical Restaurant. I emailed her back and asked if she could make an exception if we are a few people shy, so I'll let you know what she says. I don't know how strict they are on that. I just don't see what difference it makes if you're paying a flat rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDB View Post
Hi Everyone, I'm just curious if anyone did a pre-wedding visit to any of these Iberostars? They definitely look Amazing! I'm wondering what the condition is of the beach areas.
My aunt is a travel agent and owns a travel agency and she visited these places 3 years ago and my wedding TA just went there 1 1/2 years ago... I highly value my aunts opinion and she told me either go with the Iberostar's in RM or go with the Ritz in Cancun if I was looking at that part in Mexico. So when she basically classified them in the same catogory I thought it was a no brainer (since we wanted an all-inclusive and the Ritz isn't)! My aunt told me the beaches are beautiful but the one in front of the Grand (I think she said) is a bit rough/rocky. Can't really remember if it was the GRAND or DEL MAR she said but it's one of them that are rocky and she didn't like but said you can walk down a bit and it is perfectly fine! She sent me a DVD of the resort her travel agency did to show the other TA's what it's like (so it is un-baised) did and I fell for it even though she warned me that they are kinda new to planning weddings soooo they might not have everything my picky ass wanted -hahaha *those were her exact words*