Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride08 View Post
Yes, we still attended the cocktail hour, then we all had dinner in the steakhouse and then when we headed over to the Los Vitrales room is when we were introduced. I know here usually the bride and groom are introduced at the reception before dinner, but since we were going to different places it made the most sense to do it at the start of the reception. Plus, that was the only place we had a microphone. We also did all the speeches then too instead of before dinner. This was our "reception" breakdown:

Introduction of bride and groom (we did not introduce the rest of the bridal party, and my bridesmaid was the one that introduced us)
Cut the cake
MOH & Bridesmaid speeches
Best Man Speech
First Dance
Father/daughter
Mother/Son dance

Thanks for that Michelle. I didn't ask the original question, but it definitely helped me out!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
No problem. You must be getting so excited, your big day is almost here!
It's getting so close. Our legal ceremony is here in Canada on March 28th, so it's only a month from Saturday. I can't believe how fast time flies! And I've been really lazy lately so I don't have any of my stuff done. Procrastination gets me everytime :)

Quote:
Yes, we still attended the cocktail hour, then we all had dinner in the steakhouse and then when we headed over to the Los Vitrales room is when we were introduced. I know here usually the bride and groom are introduced at the reception before dinner, but since we were going to different places it made the most sense to do it at the start of the reception. Plus, that was the only place we had a microphone. We also did all the speeches then too instead of before dinner. This was our "reception" breakdown:

Introduction of bride and groom (we did not introduce the rest of the bridal party, and my bridesmaid was the one that introduced us)
Cut the cake
Best Man Speech
First Dance
Father/daughter
Mother/Son dance
Hey Michelle - I'm sure you've posted this somewhere already. But, what was your timeline? Where was your cocktail hour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindoBride2009 View Post
Hey Michelle - I'm sure you've posted this somewhere already. But, what was your timeline? Where was your cocktail hour?
It changed once we got down to the resort. Our dinner was supposed to be at 6:30, but over winter they have the dinners at 6:00 so all the timelines I printed before we left we wrong since I didn't know about the change. Our ceremony started at 4:00 and was done in about 20 minutes. Our cocktail hour had to get pushed up 30 minutes due to the dinner time change so that started at 5:00 and we held the cocktail hour in the lobby bar at the Maya, but champagne was passed out to all the guests immediately following the ceremony. Our reception in the private room started at 8:00. We had it until 10:30 but we actually stayed in there longer. I think we got back to our room around 11:30/11:45 or so.

You will want to check with the WC about the dinner time as I'm not sure when their "winter" season ends and the dinners go back to 6:30 (I know there is also a later option, but can't remember what it was). Our photographer arrived a little before 2:00 and we did all the bridal party pics and some pics of just Mike and I before the ceremony and I'm really glad we did that. We didn't have a lot of time after the ceremony to take pics and in November it got dark really early.

Quote:
It changed once we got down to the resort. Our dinner was supposed to be at 6:30, but over winter they have the dinners at 6:00 so all the timelines I printed before we left we wrong since I didn't know about the change. Our ceremony started at 4:00 and was done in about 20 minutes. Our cocktail hour had to get pushed up 30 minutes due to the dinner time change so that started at 5:00 and we held the cocktail hour in the lobby bar at the Maya, but champagne was passed out to all the guests immediately following the ceremony. Our reception in the private room started at 8:00. We had it until 10:30 but we actually stayed in there longer. I think we got back to our room around 11:30/11:45 or so.

You will want to check with the WC about the dinner time as I'm not sure when their "winter" season ends and the dinners go back to 6:30 (I know there is also a later option, but can't remember what it was). Our photographer arrived a little before 2:00 and we did all the bridal party pics and some pics of just Mike and I before the ceremony and I'm really glad we did that. We didn't have a lot of time after the ceremony to take pics and in November it got dark really early.
I'm just curious cause this is the response I got from Tony regarding they cocktail party:

It is not possible to do from 5 to 6 due the bar for all the guest closes at
6.00p.m so it can not be private at 5.00p.m
One option is to put the Mariachi on the beach, by the time you are taking
photos.

So, I'm not sure what to say back to that one...any ideas?

Quote:

Cut the cake
Best Man Speech
First Dance
Father/daughter
Mother/Son dance
Thanks so much, Michelle! That is very helpful! I think we'll just go to the cocktail party and then have the DJ introduce us and the wedding party at the reception. I assumed that dinner started at the beginning of the reception, but it may not, so I need to check on that. Thanks again!

Stina168- I am getting married April 20th at the Del Mar as well at 4pm and we are doing the cocktail hour at 6-7 outside of the Tropical Restaurant and then will move inside for dinner at 7:00pm. I am going to join my guests for the cocktail hour and then will have the DJ introduce us as well once we move into the resturant. We hired DJ bob ( I think you may have hired him as well?) and FYI- I introduced him to Gabriella and he is going to the resort today to meet her and check out the location, so that is great he will be prepared! Sounds like we are have similar plans for our weddings. What are you doing for your hair? I plan to use the Salon at the resort but I am a little worried still about them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalkowiak View Post
Stina168- I am getting married April 20th at the Del Mar as well at 4pm and we are doing the cocktail hour at 6-7 outside of the Tropical Restaurant and then will move inside for dinner at 7:00pm. I am going to join my guests for the cocktail hour and then will have the DJ introduce us as well once we move into the resturant. We hired DJ bob ( I think you may have hired him as well?) and FYI- I introduced him to Gabriella and he is going to the resort today to meet her and check out the location, so that is great he will be prepared! Sounds like we are have similar plans for our weddings. What are you doing for your hair? I plan to use the Salon at the resort but I am a little worried still about them?
jwalkowiak - Oh, I'm so happy to hear that we have similar plans! I'm having a hair and makeup artist come to the hotel. I've heard the hair stylist is pretty good at the resort, but the makeup artist was not good. I was going to get everything done at the resort, but I couldn't afford to get hair/makeup done for the BMs which I was bummed about. I really wanted to treat them to something. But then I found Alexandro Zavala on the forum, so he's going to do our hair and makeup. He was actually less expensive than the resort for the bridesmaids so they're all going to have their makeup done. Here's his site in case you're interested, Alexandro Zavala - Makeup Artist Hairstylist - Cancn, Mxico. And yes, I am using DJ Bob too! I'm so glad he's going to meet with Gabriela! He hadn't mentioned that to me. Are you picking a lot of songs you want played or are you leaving it to him? He told me to send 10 songs and he would take care of the rest, which kinda freaked me out a bit in case we didn't like his music. But he said I can send as many songs as I want, but he does need the flexibility to play some of his songs to keep the crowd going. He sent me a list of some typical songs he plays, and honestly, I wasn't a big fan of them, so I'm trying to think of as many songs as possible! What are your guests going to do in between the ceremony and cocktail hour? Gabriela told me she would take care of it, so I'm not sure exactly what that means. I think there's a bar near the beach that the guests can go to to kill some time before the cocktail hour.