Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!

HAPPY NEW YEAR LADIES!!!

Now that the holidays are out of the way, it's time to get back our preparations.

Some of my RSVPs are coming back and we're up to 49 people going. I'm starting to get a little nervous now. I feel like itâ€s my responsibility to make sure things go smoothly and everyone is happy. I feel like I should be planning an elaborate agenda for my guests (although I have no idea what the resort's entertainment schedule is).

Did anyone have a welcome party or organize a private event for your guests on the property (besides the rehearsal dinner)? Did the WC offer anything similar?

I'm even second guessing my resort choice now (which I know is crazy). We're not changing at this stage. I just really hope everyone is pleased with our choice.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Michelle,

A couple of questions for you....I leave on April 6th, so it's only 90 days away. I've received the last wedding details document from the WC and I'm wondering how far in advance it was when you sent in your completed form.

Also, I'd like to use the Vitrales room, but I don't have my final guest count yet, so I'm not 100% sure that it will be big enough. Do you know how far in advance I have to tell them that I want that room?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail View Post
Hi everyone. Well Christmas is over so guess it's time to get busy. I picked the resort, place for reception. Now what? I was looking into photographers, any suggestions? Also, I want to get started on OOT bags. Any suggestions on best place to get monogram to put on them. I don't even know where to start. Everyone has done so much and seems to be so good at this
Hi Gail! Sounds like you're moving in the right direction. I'm guessing you're not going to use the resort photographer. If not, there are several photographers in the area that come highly recommended. If you go back a few pages in this thread, a couple of brides posted some info.

If you're a DIY person, you can easily iron-on the monogram to a canvas bag. Many brides on this site have done it. There's a sticky thread in the OOT section with great pics & instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindoBride2009 View Post
Michelle,

A couple of questions for you....I leave on April 6th, so it's only 90 days away. I've received the last wedding details document from the WC and I'm wondering how far in advance it was when you sent in your completed form.

Also, I'd like to use the Vitrales room, but I don't have my final guest count yet, so I'm not 100% sure that it will be big enough. Do you know how far in advance I have to tell them that I want that room?

Thanks!
I think I sent the details sheet about a month or a little over a month before we left. In addition to the details form I typed up an explanation document with picutres and details on the types of bouquets and centerpices I wanted and had included pictures of items I was bringing down with me, etc. I also brought copies with me, but they had everything printed out when I first met with Araceli. For the most part they set up everything correctly except for the guestbook sign. We had our final guest count at that point since we had some stragglers that booked their trips in September. We had 31 people including us and we could have fit more since we had empty space at a couple of the tables. I would think up to 40 should be fine if you have the standard table set up. I'm not sure how many people the other set ups fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindoBride2009 View Post
Michelle,

Thanks!
Oh! That reminds me.... when I asked the WC about larger groups she said that if your group is more than 40 people you can use the convention center or the disco (which we know is not a likely option). However, she didn't tell me the cost associated.

Michelle, by any chance did you get a chance to see the convention center?

I have heard some people do a welcome cruise the night of arrival. They schedule a private one for a sunset cruise or a daylight snorkling one. Alot of positive feedback on it. If memory serves I think I that was rec was Catamaya. Cost was around 800 I think though

Michelle may I ask where you got your cups? Everything you did was great.

If I may ask a couple other questions. What is the Vitrales room?

Did you have some pics of flowers avail for centerpieces and brides.... I thought I saw one being emailed but can't find it. WC forwarded some but I didn't like themand trying to get some pics to choose from.

I saw list of photographers on here but no rec, any insight on best quality for best pricehuh.gif?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009 View Post
Hey Michelle,

I can't remember if I asked you this before, but did you get your make up done for your wedding at El Spa? Would you recommend their makeup services to other brides? I want my makeup done for me but I don't want to end up looking overdone or trashy lol. Your makeup looks really pretty in your pics!!
I wanted to address your question regarding the El Spa since I also used them for my wedding (on Dec. 6th).
They did a great job on my hair (the woman's name was Keren), but the make up was a different story. I had to wash it off because it looked like a 5 year old did my make up. Uneven eyeliner, old mascara that made my lashes stick together, etc. It looked really bad. However they did not charge me for it.
I am in the process of writing a review on IB del Mar and Grand.

Anna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna26 View Post
I wanted to address your question regarding the El Spa since I also used them for my wedding (on Dec. 6th).
They did a great job on my hair (the woman's name was Keren), but the make up was a different story. I had to wash it off because it looked like a 5 year old did my make up. Uneven eyeliner, old mascara that made my lashes stick together, etc. It looked really bad. However they did not charge me for it.
I am in the process of writing a review on IB del Mar and Grand.

Anna
Thanks for your honesty Anna, I really appreciate it! The more I consider this, the more I think I might just do my own. I was thinking about going down to MAC or Sephora sometime soon and get them to give me a bridal makeup look and then buy the products and do my own. Do you think this is a good idea?

To any brides who have gotten their makeup done at El Spa, did you provide the makeup artist (I'm using that term loosely here lol) with an inspiration pic or a general idea of what you wanted with a picture in hand? Just curious what these ladies had to go on.

Thanks again for your honesty, it's so helpful!! cheesy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by briscoecrown View Post
Oh! That reminds me.... when I asked the WC about larger groups she said that if your group is more than 40 people you can use the convention center or the disco (which we know is not a likely option). However, she didn't tell me the cost associated.

Michelle, by any chance did you get a chance to see the convention center?
Sorry, I never made it over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail View Post
Michelle may I ask where you got your cups? Everything you did was great.

If I may ask a couple other questions. What is the Vitrales room?

Did you have some pics of flowers avail for centerpieces and brides.... I thought I saw one being emailed but can't find it. WC forwarded some but I didn't like themand trying to get some pics to choose from.

I saw list of photographers on here but no rec, any insight on best quality for best pricehuh.gif?
I did a split order of the color changing cups with some other Riviera Maya brides on here since the minimum order was 250! We just did a generic logo, but all our guests loved the cups. They didn't use them down there, but when they got back and took them out of their luggage they discovered they changed color from the cold.

The WC had emailed me some pictures of bouquets and the "centerpieces" they put on the ceremony table, but I didn't care for them. They have more pictures to look at when you get there, but I found pictures of what I wanted and included them in my details document so they could see what I wanted. I think that is the best thing to do so you have something visual for them and if you end up liking one of their pictures when you get there you can always change it. I also did not get the centerpieces I asked for even though I provided a picture, but I did like what they gave me better so it worked out. If the centerpieces are very important to you I would stress that to the WC in advance since we did not see our centerpieces until we walked into the restaurant for dinner so they wouldn't have been able to change them at that point.

We hired Citlalli Rico and she was great and less expensive than some of the other photographers we were interested in. We love how our pictures turned out and she was great to work with. We hadn't initially planned on hiring an outside photographer, but are so glad we spent the extra money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009 View Post
Thanks for your honesty Anna, I really appreciate it! The more I consider this, the more I think I might just do own. I was thinking about going down to MAC or Sephora sometime soon and get them to give me a bridal makeup look and then buy the products and do my own. Do you think this is a good idea?

To any brides who have gotten their makeup done at El Spa, did you provide the makeup artist (I'm using that term loosely here lol) with an inspiration pic or a general idea of what you wanted with a picture in hand? Just curious what these ladies had to go on.

Thanks again for your honesty, it's so helpful!! cheesy.gif
I had done a makeup trial at Bare Escentuals before I left and bought the makeup they used. I didn't try applying the makeup on my own until the day of our rehearsal. It turned out nice, but since I had gotten some color the powder was a bit light which is why I decided to have the spa do my makeup. The bad thing about the spa makeup is that they have limited color selections for lip and eye color. I can't remember the name of the lady that did my makeup, but I want to say it was Ana or something with an A. I'll check my notebook to see if I wrote down her name. Anyway, I didn't bring any makeup inspiration pictures, but I told her I wanted neutral colors. She showed me the eye colors and I picked what I wanted her to use, same with lip color. I told her not to line my lower lid which she wanted to do, but I know that it never looks good on me. SHe didn't curl my lashes which I should have told her to do, but she had already started to put the mascara on. WHen I got back to my room I curled my lashes and put my waterproof mascara on over what she used, and put my eyeshadow over what she did since it didn't add much color, but did add shimmer. I spritzed my face with the spray to make your makeup stay on, I forget what it is called but it was recommended by another bride on here (ordered from skinstore.com).