Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride08 View Post
It is taking forever to upload my pics and resize them, but here are two of the wedding set up to tide you over. When we got to the Lindo we walked around to check out the resort and where the gazebos were. We thought our only option was the pyramid and then we found another gazebo in one of the courtyards, but it seemed to be too small for our wedding size. The pyramid was awful! There is green paint on the ceiling was chipping off in big chunks on all four sides and was very noticeable. When we walked down to the beach we saw the set up there. The lounge chairs are very close to the wedding location, much closer in person than what I had seen in pictures and the beach is very busy so there was usually people in the water. We had gone down there to take pictures of the bridal party before our ceremony and it was very difficult to take pictures without people in the background. Anyhow, they did get new decorations for the beach ceremony and got rid of those ugly pillars. They now have these tiki style pillars that you could place flowers on top of, and the "arch" is one of those bamboo style canopys with tulle wrapped around it. I was not a fan of the old beach set up, but liked the new one so Mike and I had decided if the pyramid was our only option we would just move the ceremony to the beach (I do have a couple pictures so I will attach those once they are uploaded). However, when we met with Araceli she showed us pictures of another gazebo that we could use that is apparently shared by te Lindo and Del Mar coordinators, but luckily it wasn't requested already for our date so we were able to get it. The gazebo is in the center of the shopping plaza across the street from the Lindo. It is much more private there as there is barely anyone ever walking around the shopping plaza. So here is how it was set up.

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Hey beachbride! Did you bring the sashes for the chairs, or did the hotel provide them?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all!

Ok, not to keep harping on one subject, buuut... back to photography again. I've contacted a bunch of photographers and some have availability and some do not. Here's who I've contacted and/or looked at:

Del Sol

Cecilia Dumas

Claudia Rodriguez

Vanessa Vargas

Sascha Gluck

Moments that Matter

Dino Gomez

Mexican Wedding Photos

Elizabeth Medina

Cancun Studios

Am I missing anyone that you can think of? I think I forgot to mention a few on there, but I can't remember, it seems like i've been to soooo many sites!! TIA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindoBride2009 View Post
That looks awesome! I didn't even know that that gazebo existed! I love the fact that they got new beach decorations. I can't wait to see the rest of your pics and read your review!!
I didn't either until we met with Araceli. I can't even tell you how happy I was when she showed us the pictures because I was so disappointed with the pyramid. I probably would have been OK with the beach, but I do not like being the center of attention so having a bunch of strangers watching us would have made me very nervous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stina168 View Post
Hey beachbride! Did you bring the sashes for the chairs, or did the hotel provide them?
They had the pink sashes, but they didn't have enough for all the chairs which is why we alternated with the white. I liked having the splash of color on the chairs. We did not get charged for the chair sashes. My TA told me that the bride that got married there that had pink chair bows rented them, but Araceli said they were new along with the beach decorations. I guess if you would want enough chair bows for all your chairs you would need to bring them down or ask the WC if you can rent chair bows. Araceli only offered us the pink or white so I don't know if they ave other colors. Pink and green were our colors so we lucked out.

I know someone mentioned flowers. The flowers that the resort florist provided were beautiful! I absolutely loved my bouquet, and it was exactly what I wanted. Although, I did think both my bouquet and the BMs would have been bigger. They did mess up my BM bouquets though. I requested all white roses and sent a picture. Tony met me at the spa with the hair flowers which were also not what I requested. The BM bouquets were light pink with smaller flowers around them (the ones that were in my hair). I also had provided green ribbon to be tied around the stems of all the bouquets which they did not do. Tony said she would get it fixed. The hair flowers she brought to the spa were HUGE!! I'm talking as big as my head huge. Luckily, the smaller mistake flowers they added to the BM bouquets were closer to what I wanted so we picked those out and added them to my hair and I took two for my sister (flower girl). Tony brought the corrected bouquets to my room while we were out taking pictures. They replaced the pink flowers with white ones, but left the other flowers in there. They still looked nice though. They had wrapped them in the green ribbon. I put my starfish in the bouquet and I had also tied on a charm that said MOM on it with small pink ribbon that I brought with. I had requested all white roses for the centerpieces that were to be placed in the blumebox vases I brought down. I also gave a picture of that, but I got completely different flowers. I think there were a couple white and hot pink roses in there along with different flowers. I was actually quite happy they didn't give me what I wanted because I loved what they did. Our guests carried them into the private room after dinner and some took them back to their room. I kept one also. The flowers lasted pretty much the rest fo the trip, and I used one of the flowers from the centerpiece as my hair flower for the TTD session.

I will try to finish my review tonight!!!

Michelle - even with some minor hiccups, I am sooo glad to hear everything went well!! I am so excited to see how they will do with the bouquet picture I sent them as I was told the florist there is very good! Also, I don't know if it's different on the Lindo/Maya side but the only chair-bow options that I was given as far as colors go were white, silver, or gold. I chose silver. wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride08 View Post
I didn't either until we met with Araceli. I can't even tell you how happy I was when she showed us the pictures because I was so disappointed with the pyramid. I probably would have been OK with the beach, but I do not like being the center of attention so having a bunch of strangers watching us would have made me very nervous!

They had the pink sashes, but they didn't have enough for all the chairs which is why we alternated with the white. I liked having the splash of color on the chairs. We did not get charged for the chair sashes. My TA told me that the bride that got married there that had pink chair bows rented them, but Araceli said they were new along with the beach decorations. I guess if you would want enough chair bows for all your chairs you would need to bring them down or ask the WC if you can rent chair bows. Araceli only offered us the pink or white so I don't know if they ave other colors. Pink and green were our colors so we lucked out.

I know someone mentioned flowers. The flowers that the resort florist provided were beautiful! I absolutely loved my bouquet, and it was exactly what I wanted. Although, I did think both my bouquet and the BMs would have been bigger. They did mess up my BM bouquets though. I requested all white roses and sent a picture. Tony met me at the spa with the hair flowers which were also not what I requested. The BM bouquets were light pink with smaller flowers around them (the ones that were in my hair). I also had provided green ribbon to be tied around the stems of all the bouquets which they did not do. Tony said she would get it fixed. The hair flowers she brought to the spa were HUGE!! I'm talking as big as my head huge. Luckily, the smaller mistake flowers they added to the BM bouquets were closer to what I wanted so we picked those out and added them to my hair and I took two for my sister (flower girl). Tony brought the corrected bouquets to my room while we were out taking pictures. They replaced the pink flowers with white ones, but left the other flowers in there. They still looked nice though. They had wrapped them in the green ribbon. I put my starfish in the bouquet and I had also tied on a charm that said MOM on it with small pink ribbon that I brought with. I had requested all white roses for the centerpieces that were to be placed in the blumebox vases I brought down. I also gave a picture of that, but I got completely different flowers. I think there were a couple white and hot pink roses in there along with different flowers. I was actually quite happy they didn't give me what I wanted because I loved what they did. Our guests carried them into the private room after dinner and some took them back to their room. I kept one also. The flowers lasted pretty much the rest fo the trip, and I used one of the flowers from the centerpiece as my hair flower for the TTD session.

I will try to finish my review tonight!!!
I agree...what a great teaser!! Sounds like things went really well though!

Michelle!! First off, you look absolutely gorgeous!! Your wedding sounded like it was so beautiful, I'm so glad things went well. Congratulations again!!

Thank you for such a detailed review & for the pics!! You have been such a help to all of us Iberostar girls. I learned so much and had quite a few questions answered after reading your review. And options that we didn't know about...the gazebo, the set-up of the Vitrales room etc.! I'm looking forward to picking your brain as my planning progesses. Thanks again!