Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride08 View Post

I have heard good things about the resort spa. I am getting a hair and makeup done there, but I'm bringing my own makeup down. I had my makeup done at Bare Escentuals here and liked the way it turned out.

I am getting all roses for the bouquets and centerpieces. You can put in a request for certain flowers that you want since they may have to order them ahead of time and depending on what it is there may be an extra charge. I requested pink/fuschia roses for my bouquet and one for Mike's boutonier (sp?) and white for the girl's bouquet and centerpieces.

Thanks for the Help!!! I really appreciate it! By any chance do you know what kind of makeup the spa useshuh.gif Let me know if ya like the spa!

Your flowers sound b-e-a-utiful!msnwink.gif What kind of vase is your centerpieces going in?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbellie1414 View Post
Thanks for all the Help, I will have to ask my wedding coordinator out here to ask for a copy/email pics of that binder with the flowers!!!

Me Too! (I wasn't happy at all with the pics they sent us about the flowers) actually it's been like 4months of trying to pick out flowers with Gabriella the w.c at the Del Mar. I am starting to lose it over flowers! Everything I ask for or send a picture of that I like they don't have that flower (which other florists in mexico have that flower -hmmm) or it is expensive. I know that the florist has to get a cut and than the iberostar takes a cut but for 8 orchids they want $240 (for that I can ship 30 orchids from hawaii to mexico - okay i exaggerate but ya get the point - actually mexico's orchids according to other florist are about 20-30 orchids for $100-150)! I guess I just needed to vent a little smile41.gif hahahaha...

When are you getting married? For surely let me know what ya think of the spa!!! Thanks again for the help!
Hey no problem, we have to stick together right? wink.gif hehe.

Wow, that sounds awfully expensive just for flowers, crazy! I haven't emailed Gabriela about flower prices, so I'm hoping that whatever I pick from there won't cost too much.

I'm getting married on Feb 19/09, so it's coming up quick!! Have you had a lot of communication with Gabriela? She sent me the spa price list a while back if you're interested. Let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbellie1414 View Post
Thanks for the Help!!! I really appreciate it! By any chance do you know what kind of makeup the spa useshuh.gif Let me know if ya like the spa!

Your flowers sound b-e-a-utiful!msnwink.gif What kind of vase is your centerpieces going in?
I'm not sure what kind of make-up the spa uses that is why I decided to bring my own. I have very sensitive skin so I didn't want to take a chance.

I ordered blumebox vases for our centerpieces, and I also ordered 3 taller ones to put my bouquet and the BMs bouquets in. I was going to put ribbon on them, but decided not to since I had too many other projects to finish! They come in a lot of different colors and pack flat and are really light. We had packed all the glass candle holders in our carryon suitcase and didn't have any more room to bring down vases. I didn't want to take a chance packing glass items in checked luggage and we already had too much other luggage this worked out best for us.

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009 View Post
Hey no problem, we have to stick together right? wink.gif hehe.

Wow, that sounds awfully expensive just for flowers, crazy! I haven't emailed Gabriela about flower prices, so I'm hoping that whatever I pick from there won't cost too much.

I'm getting married on Feb 19/09, so it's coming up quick!! Have you had a lot of communication with Gabriela? She sent me the spa price list a while back if you're interested. Let me know!

Feb 19 is just around the corner!!! You have to be soooo excited - right!!! Do you have alot left to do?

In the beginning when I was deciding on a resort/venue/cermony location I talked to Gabriela some but mostly Reyna. My thing was we loved the iberostar chain because all our guests can stay at a different resort choice and be close to one another (i like the family freedom idea- haha - divorced parents hate eachother so it was nice they can stay at different resorts) I wanted a private reception that had air conditioning since we are in May...(To get answers I actually called Mexico alot, 2-3 weeks for an email reply was just silly to me - still is - after I spoke to 2 different managers that agreed to close down the brazilian for me -and it wasn't free- Gabriela said 'no' that's when i kinda lost it -blah blah blah fencing.gif- in the end I got the Brazilian but not without a headache)... So after I got fustrated with all that and spent a small fortune on calls to Mexico I hired a wedding cordinator/travel agent in the usa to handle the wedding coordinators in mexico... So my usa based TA/WC is in constant contact with them, she only likes to talk/email Gabriela because even though it takes 2 weeks Gabriela reply's to emails (hahaha). So the real short of it is, yes, I used to talk to Gabriela alot but now I just let my TA/WC deal with it. It's definetly, been an experience - to say the very least!!!

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if you can send me the list of those spa prices/packages if it's easier my email is dbellie1414@yahoo.com or post them on here...

Your a Doll!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride08 View Post
I'm not sure what kind of make-up the spa uses that is why I decided to bring my own. I have very sensitive skin so I didn't want to take a chance.

I ordered blumebox vases for our centerpieces, and I also ordered 3 taller ones to put my bouquet and the BMs bouquets in. I was going to put ribbon on them, but decided not to since I had too many other projects to finish! They come in a lot of different colors and pack flat and are really light. We had packed all the glass candle holders in our carryon suitcase and didn't have any more room to bring down vases. I didn't want to take a chance packing glass items in checked luggage and we already had too much other luggage this worked out best for us.

Click the image to open in full size.
That's a really smart idea!!! THANKS for the advice I will have to look into those bloombox vases!!!

dbellie1414, thanks!! I'm very excited about it and just last night I had a horrible dream about my wedding band! lol I think I'm definitely in the "stressed bride" category as of now. wink.gif

Wow, sounds like you've been given the run around, I'm so sorry to hear that. sad.gif Mostly, Gabriela has been very informative and accommodating with me. She usually takes three days or less to respond to my emails too, funny how that works that you get a reply in 2 - 3 weeks. sad.gif

I just sent you the list, so no problemo!!! It's in an Excel spreadsheet, so I hope that's ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009 View Post
dbellie1414, thanks!! I'm very excited about it and just last night I had a horrible dream about my wedding band! lol I think I'm definitely in the "stressed bride" category as of now. wink.gif

Wow, sounds like you've been given the run around, I'm so sorry to hear that. sad.gif Mostly, Gabriela has been very informative and accommodating with me. She usually takes three days or less to respond to my emails too, funny how that works that you get a reply in 2 - 3 weeks. sad.gif

I just sent you the list, so no problemo!!! It's in an Excel spreadsheet, so I hope that's ok.
Hahaha I thought I was the only crazy one that got "wedding nightmares"!!!! My fiance makes fun of me all the time because of my wedding dreams! The thing that helps with stress for me is: I always have to remind myself when I get stressed that it's not about the details its about him and I taking our vows all the rest is nothing! (Most of the time it works sometimes it doesn't but it's worth a shot)! Ya'll got a band that sounds like FUN! Did ya go through the iberostar for the band? Who are they and what do they play?

Thanks for the email too!

Hehe, you are not alone on the crazy dreams! wink.gif Ohhh actually I meant wedding band as in my ring, but no worries! We're not having a formal "reception dance" or anything like that, we'll probably just hit up the bars around the resort and drink ourselves silly haha.

I will definitely have to try out your stress management techniques hehe wink.gif

Glad to hear the email went through ok!