Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!

Lyssa - I'm glad to hear that you have been laid back in your planning. When I go on the knot I get so stressed out because girls that are getting married 6 months after me are SO far ahead with all their DIY projects and plans! It stresses me out so now I've stopped looking (ya - great way to solve the problem hey?!!) I'm doing the same thing that you are with the passports, they might be boarding passes though. Where did you order your drink cups from?

I have a question for all you gals - how are you transporting all your OOT bag stuff?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyssaB80 View Post
WARNING – this will be a long post, so you might regret asking! ha!

We sent message in a bottle save the dates in January to everyone we invited and instead of sending invites to all invited, I am thinking of using the DIY passport invite that I have seen on this board, and including information about activities and a packing list and that sort of thing to just the people that are going. I (hopefully) will be sending that out in another 3 weeks (havenâ€t started them yet!!)– so it will be there just 8 weeks before the wedding. We also ordered custom luggage tags that I am sending out pre-filled with the guests names and addresses. People have been booking in spurts since January but we still have 5-10 people that have told us they are coming in the past month or two but havenâ€t booked so that is getting a little stressful.

We have spent a ridiculous amount of time on the oot bags and just finalizing the order for drink cups and need to pick up some small things at the dollar store but those are about done – just need to work on the welcome letter to put in them.

Finally – we need to figure out the ceremony and readings and make a final decision about whether to do a sunset cruise prior to rehearsal dinner at the resort, or host a dinner cruise for everyone in lieu of being at the resort.

I have been super laid back about the planning of this entire event but now that we are getting so close I am feeling like I might have been TOO laid back and will have a stressful next few weeks 
We did the bottles for our STDs as well, but we sent them out a year in advance to give everyone who was thinking about coming enough time to plan and save money. We sent out invitations to everyone we sent bottles to in June since at that point we only had 16 people booked. We gave everyone until August 15 to reply and we are still missing 18 responses. The ones we are missing are most likely nos, but there are a few that we haven't heard from at all so I'm afraid of having some last minute people. Aside from the STD and bottles and wedding attire, I didn't do much planning until recently. We bought the OOT bags, but we don't have enough. One of the girls on the forum may have some extras of the same kind I bought so I might luck out there. I think we also might get different bags for the single guys that are coming since I don't think they would even use the bags we got so that could help us out too. I have most of the items for the bags purchased already. I need to order the cups, I still want to get the first aid kits and gum, maybe some OFF wipes and sunscreen. I plan on getting snacks, water, post cards and maybe something else Mexico related when we get done there. I also need to work on the itinerary/welcome letter to put in the bags, and a tag for the bag itself. I need to do programs, order raffia fans and parasols (only getting those for the BMs and I) and I'm still debating on pashminas for the OOT bags. I also still need to decide what I am doing for centerpieces and bouquets. I guess I still have a lot to do. Oh, I need to decide on favors, placecards and seating chart too. I wanted to look for maracas to tie the placecards to, but haven't looked yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindoBride2009 View Post
Lyssa - I'm glad to hear that you have been laid back in your planning. When I go on the knot I get so stressed out because girls that are getting married 6 months after me are SO far ahead with all their DIY projects and plans! It stresses me out so now I've stopped looking (ya - great way to solve the problem hey?!!) I'm doing the same thing that you are with the passports, they might be boarding passes though. Where did you order your drink cups from?

I have a question for all you gals - how are you transporting all your OOT bag stuff?
I was thinking about doing a test run with our OOT bags and stuff in one suitcase. Our bags are kind of bulky so I'm hoping we can get all of them in one suitcase without going over the weight limit. We have a carryon suitcase already filled with the glass candleholders we bought for the centerpieces, and we are keeping our sand ceremony in the box it came in and carrying it on. I need to measure the box though to make sure it is roughly the same size as a carryon suitcase. This is probably going to be the thing that causes me the most stress-getting everything to Mexico!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride08 View Post
We did the bottles for our STDs as well, but we sent them out a year in advance to give everyone who was thinking about coming enough time to plan and save money. We sent out invitations to everyone we sent bottles to in June since at that point we only had 16 people booked. We gave everyone until August 15 to reply and we are still missing 18 responses. The ones we are missing are most likely nos, but there are a few that we haven't heard from at all so I'm afraid of having some last minute people. Aside from the STD and bottles and wedding attire, I didn't do much planning until recently. We bought the OOT bags, but we don't have enough. One of the girls on the forum may have some extras of the same kind I bought so I might luck out there. I think we also might get different bags for the single guys that are coming since I don't think they would even use the bags we got so that could help us out too. I have most of the items for the bags purchased already. I need to order the cups, I still want to get the first aid kits and gum, maybe some OFF wipes and sunscreen. I plan on getting snacks, water, post cards and maybe something else Mexico related when we get done there. I also need to work on the itinerary/welcome letter to put in the bags, and a tag for the bag itself. I need to do programs, order raffia fans and parasols (only getting those for the BMs and I) and I'm still debating on pashminas for the OOT bags. I also still need to decide what I am doing for centerpieces and bouquets. I guess I still have a lot to do. Oh, I need to decide on favors, placecards and seating chart too. I wanted to look for maracas to tie the placecards to, but haven't looked yet.

I was thinking about doing a test run with our OOT bags and stuff in one suitcase. Our bags are kind of bulky so I'm hoping we can get all of them in one suitcase without going over the weight limit. We have a carryon suitcase already filled with the glass candleholders we bought for the centerpieces, and we are keeping our sand ceremony in the box it came in and carrying it on. I need to measure the box though to make sure it is roughly the same size as a carryon suitcase. This is probably going to be the thing that causes me the most stress-getting everything to Mexico!
Beachbride - I forgot about centerpieces and bouquets and haven't even thought about the drama of a seating chart :-)

This is why we are getting married in Mexico though right?!?! SO happy to hear that I am not alone in my slowness.

Lindo - Sometimes I suspect that some of those people have had their wedding's planned before they were engaged - god love them :-) Needless to say, I try not to go on there anymore either....ha!
I am doing the same with my oot bags - trial run in suitcases. I have heard good and bad things about shipping stuff to the resort so I think bringing it with you is the best way to go. I might have my mom and/or sister bring a bag if I need more than one for the programs/oot bags etc.

Quote:
WARNING – this will be a long post, so you might regret asking! ha!

We sent message in a bottle save the dates in January to everyone we invited and instead of sending invites to all invited, I am thinking of using the DIY passport invite that I have seen on this board, and including information about activities and a packing list and that sort of thing to just the people that are going. I (hopefully) will be sending that out in another 3 weeks (havenâ€t started them yet!!)– so it will be there just 8 weeks before the wedding. We also ordered custom luggage tags that I am sending out pre-filled with the guests names and addresses. People have been booking in spurts since January but we still have 5-10 people that have told us they are coming in the past month or two but havenâ€t booked so that is getting a little stressful.

We have spent a ridiculous amount of time on the oot bags and just finalizing the order for drink cups and need to pick up some small things at the dollar store but those are about done – just need to work on the welcome letter to put in them.

Finally – we need to figure out the ceremony and readings and make a final decision about whether to do a sunset cruise prior to rehearsal dinner at the resort, or host a dinner cruise for everyone in lieu of being at the resort.

I have been super laid back about the planning of this entire event but now that we are getting so close I am feeling like I might have been TOO laid back and will have a stressful next few weeks 
Sorry - I forgot to answer about the drink cups
we got them from discount mugs and these are the ones we went with:

Discountmugs.com Shopping Cart

The last time I was on vaca I bought a cup like this and it was sooo much better than having to keep getting up for refills. I went back and forth about insulated vs non-insulated but I really liked the idea of a straw for frozen drinks etc. do you think this is ok??

Quote:

The last time I was on vaca I bought a cup like this and it was sooo much better than having to keep getting up for refills. I went back and forth about insulated vs non-insulated but I really liked the idea of a straw for frozen drinks etc. do you think this is ok??
I think those cups are great! I don't know of many people who don't like a straw - especially with the frozen drinks. I actually never even thought about that - I think I just may copy you :)

The trial run for the OOT bags sounds like a great idea. I think I'll do that (obviously when it's closer LOL).

Quote:

I think those cups will be great since they look nice and big.

Hello Iberostar brides,

Its great to see that this thread was created. I will be getting married on December 6, 2008 at IB del Mar.

Quick question for you regarding the OOT bags, are you planning to give one per person or one per room?

Thanks!

We are doing one bag per room, but double on some of the items (drink cups, advil and that sort of stuff). We are also putting rafts for the pool in the oot bags but I think we are only going to do 1 per room because they are too heavy to bring 40 down to mexico plus we figure people will share with friends if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna26 View Post
Hello Iberostar brides,

Its great to see that this thread was created. I will be getting married on December 6, 2008 at IB del Mar.

Quick question for you regarding the OOT bags, are you planning to give one per person or one per room?

Thanks!
We're doing one per room.