Photo

August Mid-Month Blog - Centerpieces...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:50 AM

FYI, the August mid-month blog is up dealing with unique and different centerpieces... enjoy!

Mishka Designs' Blog: Center Me To Pieces!!

#2 K&Rwedding

K&Rwedding
    • Banned
    • 494 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:12 PM

I love your blogs.

#3 godaloveme

godaloveme
      • 282 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:35 PM

Once Again another great blog thanks for sharing mishka!!!

#4 edna

edna
        • Site Supporter
        • 1,360 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:03 PM

Another great blog Mishka... thank you!!!

#5 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
          • 1,574 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:43 PM

You're welcome! hey, if you have something you would like more info on (i.e. maybe your wedding is orange and green or you want idea for seahorse favors or whatever!) send me a PM and I'll fit it into a blog at some point - always nice to have more ideas on what to talk about! :)

#6 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,368 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:56 PM

Thank you for posting your blog again. I always get some great ideas from it.

#7 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,921 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:39 PM

Great Ideas! I had that picture saved with the drowned orchids... Question: How do you keep the flower in place? Do you think other flowers would look good in this arrangement?

#8 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
                • 1,574 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:04 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by soontobeamrs
                  Great Ideas! I had that picture saved with the drowned orchids... Question: How do you keep the flower in place? Do you think other flowers would look good in this arrangement?
                  I'm sorry!! I thought I replied to this and then realized I didn't - I'm a space cadet!

You made me laugh too by calling this arrangement "drowned orchids" - super funny!

If I'm not mistaken, I believe they probably tied fishing wire around the orchid and then attached it to one of the rocks at the bottom - orchids actually don't float very well at all, so I don't think it was too hard to keep the orchid down. In fact, I can't tell, but if they had a longer stem on the orchid, they might have been able to simply anchor it with the stem caught amongst the rocks - but I do think fishing wire is a safer bet.

I do think other flowers could look great in this arrangement - you just need to anchor them with the fishing wire and rock to keep them submerged!

#9 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,921 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:20 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Mishka Designs
                    I'm sorry!! I thought I replied to this and then realized I didn't - I'm a space cadet!

You made me laugh too by calling this arrangement "drowned orchids" - super funny!

If I'm not mistaken, I believe they probably tied fishing wire around the orchid and then attached it to one of the rocks at the bottom - orchids actually don't float very well at all, so I don't think it was too hard to keep the orchid down. In fact, I can't tell, but if they had a longer stem on the orchid, they might have been able to simply anchor it with the stem caught amongst the rocks - but I do think fishing wire is a safer bet.

I do think other flowers could look great in this arrangement - you just need to anchor them with the fishing wire and rock to keep them submerged!
                    NP! Thanks.... I was looking on your website and my fav wedding you did was where you had all of the blue, brown, white cylinder candles at different heights... so beautiful. Not enough room in my suit case though!

My newest idea: I want to do aqua/teal and red! I have been looking for fabric for table runners/squares... so pretty. But I also like when there is touches of white, brown and even magenta!
                    I have been googling aqua and red and like everything I see...however, I would like a more romantic or whimsy feel than the modern I am seeing.
                    I also have been looking at white papel picado flags and want to incorporate them and lanterns.
                    Do you think I can create a romantic Mexico feel with these colors? Any ideas?

#10 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
                    • 1,574 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:36 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by soontobeamrs
                      NP! Thanks.... I was looking on your website and my fav wedding you did was where you had all of the blue, brown, white cylinder candles at different heights... so beautiful. Not enough room in my suit case though!

My newest idea: I want to do aqua/teal and red! I have been looking for fabric for table runners/squares... so pretty. But I also like when there is touches of white, brown and even magenta!
                      I have been googling aqua and red and like everything I see...however, I would like a more romantic or whimsy feel than the modern I am seeing.
                      I also have been looking at white papel picado flags and want to incorporate them and lanterns.
                      Do you think I can create a romantic Mexico feel with these colors? Any ideas?
                      I think ANYTHING is possible!! My suggestion, to make it a little more dreamy and more "mexican" would be to focus on aqua/teal as your primary color, utilize white as your secondary color and only use red as an accent color - that will "pop" out the red and keep it from having a red/white/blue sortof feel to it. Utilize chiffon (if you can) because it's sheer yet not stiff (like say tulle) and will look pretty blowing in the wind. If you could utilize aqua/teal chiffon overlays over white tablecloths, that's my biggest suggestion - because, otherwise, white is your primary color and that's what is making some of the photos you are seeing so "modern" in their takes. Depending on your budget, you might also consider a shade of aqua/teal (not the same shade as the overlays - perhaps darker) for napkins and then wrap them with white ribbon and have either a little red bud in the middle OR maybe have placecards with red type. Red flowers interspersed with lanterns for the centerpieces I think would look really great.

Another option, instead of utilizing colored napkins, would be to have aqua/teal maracas with a red design on them as placemarkers - that would look stunning and double as a favor. (we do those btw - check the sept 1st blog when it comes out ).

If you can find an aqua/teal ribbon with a an antique red scroll on it, that would be fab to utilize as accent marks in various places (i.e. perhaps you wrap the middle of a wine glass with the ribbon or the napkins, etc.).

Depending on where you are having your wedding, to have some flowing chiffon fabric (in this case I think white would look better), tied back with aqua/teal ribbon could also help to make things look more romantic and dreamy, as opposed to being so modern.

Just a few ideas.... :):):)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users