Question for the photographers on the forum..

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Cabo Wedding Coordinator

Cabo Wedding Coordinator
  • 231 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:02 PM

You can start like Anny said one month before little by little to get a nice, healthy, natural tan.

#12 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cabo Wedding Coordinator
      You can start like Anny said one month before little by little to get a nice, healthy, natural tan.
      That's exactly what I do. I burn so easily, so I go a few times a week for around 5 minutes each time. I don't care if I'm so tanned that I look like a new race... I just don't want to burn. I also talked to the owner of the tanning salon about the right kinds of lotions to use. I needed more of a moisturizor than an enhancer. They have all types of different lotions for the type of tan you're after and your skin type.
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#13 gkashmira

• 1,962 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:18 PM

Also I think maybe Sarah's case may be unique - perhaps she has more reddish colors than other people. She said that her photographer had said that the photos would bring the red out in her skin... perhaps that's the reason?
        Kashmira & Dan
        Happily married since June 16, 2007
        Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
        Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#14 SASSYGIRL

• 1,188 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:43 PM

Yeah - keep in mind that when Juan Carlos meet with us we had spent the entire previous day out in the hot Cabo sun (it felt great BTW) and I was bright red and Scott (who normally doesn't burn at all) was starting to peal on his face. The sun in Cabo is alot stronger than other placed we have been. I am planning on trying to stay shaded the days before the wedding and wearing a hat or visor as well as sun screen. I never really tan great anyways and I would hate to be pealing in our pictures!
          Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08

#15 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:51 PM

That is exactly what Juan said (I had to email him to find out what he meant) He said when a bride or groom is red they come out really bad in pictures, even more so with black and white pictures (which I LOVE B&W pics) so just be sure you are not baking in the sun prior to your wedding.

#16 jillhiggins

• Banned
            • 386 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:48 AM

I agree with what everyone has said so far... fake tans, sunburns, and over tanning do not look good in photos. But healthy, natural looking tans look great.

#17 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:59 PM

i didnt really tan before but did tan in mexico but not excessively...i do regret being in the sun at all the day of the wedding because my nose got burnt.

a heatly glow would be nice but i have seen brides that look all orange or reddish and it looked really bad.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
              Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users