When should I send Invitations?

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#31 Leticia

• 259 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:43 AM

HA! you and I are in the same boat in terms of the guestlist! my FI needs a good kick in the butt. i'm considering going straight to him mom for the info.

the email is a really good idea! i think we may do that for close friends and fam.

#32 SoontobeMsKniss

• 715 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:12 AM

We are having a wedding in Key West May 2009. I am not sure when I need to send the invitations out and what would be a good date to have everyone RSVP. Also, are STD necessary if we send the invites plenty of time in advance?

Thanks everyone for your help!!!

#33 hmj

• 78 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:34 AM

I thought the same thing about the STDs "really" being necessary. So, what we decided to do, was an email STD with a link to our website, etc. There are 6 people who don't have emails, so we just got some cool paper and printed off EXACTLY what the STDs look like on the internet. We are getting married April 24, 2009 and sent out the STDs last Saturday and will be sending formal invites via snail mail in early October. People are already booking, so I'm glad we sent out the STDs early. It's EXCITING! We will also be having an AHR (actually 2 since my FI and I are from different states) and will be sending out invites with RSVP cards for those in April, but will mention the AHR on the invites that go out in October. So, that's what we're doing.

#34 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:36 AM

I attended a DW a few years ago. they didn't do STDs just invites. they sent them out about 7 to 8 months before the wedding.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#35 Bianca

• 1,057 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:43 AM

I am also a May 2009 bride. I sent out STDs a couple weeks ago and I plan on send out invites around December, so 6 months in advance. I will ask for an RSVP for February.
            19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!

#36 amdecker

• 169 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:54 AM

I'm sending out STDs a year before the wedding basically so people can be forwarned about the expense. I haven't thought too much about when I'll send the actual invites. Maybe somewhere between 3 and 6 months before?
              The main reason for the STDs is to give my family plenty of time to think about it and save. (My friends are all raring to go, so no problem there).
              Humm, I haven't decided about including RSVPs either because I would rather people just do that on the wedding website. I'll have to think about that (ugg more stamps).

#37 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,368 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:56 AM

I'm a May 2009 bride and I sent my invitations out about a month ago. I didn't see the need for STDs. I made a crazy early RSVP date (September 1st) knowing that most people tend to ignore that date anyone, but at least it got people seriously thinking about the wedding and whether or not they would attend.

#38 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:52 PM

I'm getting married in April 2009. We didn't bother with the STD, we ended up sending out our invites with all our travel package info stuffed into the envelope, about a week ago. Our deadline for deposits is September 15, so we made that the RSVP date.

#39 IslamoradaBride

• 459 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:08 PM

My wedding date is May 16, 2009 and we sent out our STDs this week. Since we're not at an all-inclusive, our booking date is much later-- March 16. So I think we will send out invites in January or February, to give people a reminder to book before the deadline closes. Of course people can make their own plans, but I don't want to hear people complaining about not being able to get the group rate, you know?

#40 MSWeddings

• 34 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:11 PM

We suggest sending save the dates 6-12 months before your wedding and invitations 6-8 weeks before. Make sure to allow for plenty of time for invitation printing, as some vendors can take up to 4 weeks to produce them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users