Photo

When should I send Invitations?

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#131 chrissytina924

chrissytina924
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:46 AM

Hi girls.. hopefully i can get some opinions on when the right time is to send out my wedding invitations and what date should i put for my RSVP if my wedding is 06-26-10.... I dont want to send them out to soon and have a RSVP date to far away bc i dont want people to forget about the invite if i give them to long to RSVP but i also want to send out the invitations as a "reminder" if you will that if they are going they need to book... we sent out our save the date cards in september and then we actually had our save the date cards resent out by destinationweddings.com bc we switched out wedding coordinator bc her lack of getting anything right (but thats another story for another post (o:) and they resent out the std's late nov as an update of the new contact person. So confused... someone please help :o)
    Edward & Christina
    Melia Caribe Tropical
    Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
    June 26th, 2010

#132 cogswellgray

cogswellgray
    • 330 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:36 PM

Im wondering the same thing also! We just sent out the save the dates and noone has even responded to our online RSVP yet and Im just waay to anxious! The whoe lpoint of sending out the save the dates was so I could eliminate who I needed to send out invitations to. Well I'm starting to make my invitations now so I figure I will send them as soon as their finished expecially because its a destination wedding and people need a lot of notice to save money, book flights, passport ect..

Im getting married Octobr 2010.
      Save the dates sent our 10 months prior.
      Soo, invitations I'll send out 8 months I'm thinking should be good.

#133 chrissytina924

chrissytina924
      • 145 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:36 PM

We are both Punta Cana brides!! :o) As of the 26th of December we were 6 months out.. so i guess I am going to make them and as soon as there done send them out.. How many months prior to the wedding date are you putting your rsvp date down as?
        Edward & Christina
        Melia Caribe Tropical
        Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
        June 26th, 2010

#134 jen_in_negril

jen_in_negril
        • 22 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:19 PM

thank you everyone for your help....almost done the invites - hope to get them out by mid January and ask for response by mid February (wedding end of April).

#135 shellk

shellk
          • 1,784 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:30 AM

i would send you invites out now get your rsvps for end of feb which is 2mths before your wedding which is when im guessing your wc will contact you then you will have the info ready for them.

send out separate invites for your ahr.

#136 lalanyc

lalanyc
            • 363 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:20 PM

Question for those who are now past your invitation mailings / RSVP deadlines -

Was there ANY downside to sending your invitations too early??

I am planning on mailing my invitations 6-7 months in advance and asking for RSVP's 3 months in advance.

Does anyone wish they had NOT sent their invitations and/or made their RSVP deadlines so early? I'm trying to understand any downside to doing this.

My key motivation is that our resort is guaranteeing room availability through July (4 months before the wedding). For those that don't book by then, there is a risk there won't be rooms available should they decide to book after the cutoff date. However, our group rates will still be honored.

**Mind you, I mailed my STDs 10 months in advance but surprise surprise, many people have not looked up our website.. or worse, didn't READ the STD and realize that our website info was included!

Your thoughts are much appreciated!

#137 jplovesme

jplovesme
              • 385 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:25 PM

Thanks for sharing your timelines, ladies! It's 10 months before our date, and I'll be sending out the STD's next month as soon as i finalize everyone's address on our guestlist. We're not doing a group rate, so hopefully we'll get good responses in a timely manner..

#138 finleys7

finleys7
                • 703 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:57 PM

LaLa,

I sent the invitations on Jan 6th with an RSVP date of Feb. 28th. So far about half have responded. A few were suprises, but for the most part we knew the answers. Some people who have booked haven't RSVP'd. =( I need to know the dinner options, which was another reason for the RSVPs.

They have 3 more weeks, so hopefully we hear more..but we needed to do it early for ordering the OOT bags, table setting, programs and all that good stuff we need to print and prepare for.

So all in all, we sent them 4 months before the wedding and so far so good.
                  Shannon

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
                  Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#139 Princess J

Princess J
                  • 424 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:59 PM

Hi everyone, I wanted to bump this thread because I am wondering when to send out my invitations.
                    My wedding is Feb 2, 2011 and we sent out our STDs back in Feb 2010. But now my TA needs the deposits for the group booked by Aug 15/10 with final payments in Oct/10.
                    Should I send out my invites in July? 7 months in advance? Or should I send out an email with the booking details and send the invite out closer. I didn't include any booking info with our STD.
                    50 Guests booked + the bride and groom!!!

#140 Diva

Diva
                    • 682 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:05 PM

OMG Princess we are in the same boat!!! March 2011 and STDs were sent out in March 2010. Final payment is due November 5th to the TA. I did not want to send them around the holidays and risk the invitation being put into the XMas card pile, but I think I am forced to do so. We pretty much know who is coming because the payments will be in at that point, so the invitation is just a formality and not for RSVP purposes.

I will definitely stay tuned to what people say!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users