i am going to serve it 3 different ways.
* with crumbled feta cheese on top
* with sliced avocado on top
* with jumbo lump crab meat
Here is the recipe - this makes A LOT so you can cut this in half and still have a nice amount:
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 2 to 4 tsp salt (check the saltiness of your tomato juice before salting)
- ground pepper to taste
- hot sauce to taste (try not to use a vinegar based hot sauce as the tomatoes are already so acidic)
- 16 cups organic tomato juice (just tomato not v-8 or garden veg)
- 8 large, ripe tomatoes - peeled and cubed
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 6 to 8 stalks celery, diced
- 2 large yellow or green bell peppers, diced
- 2 large cucumbers, de-seeded and diced
- small to medium bunch of cilantro, chopped
let sit in fridge for at least 1 hour and taste before re-seasoning. season and let sit overnight for best flavor.
TIP: try to store in glass container b/c of the acid in raw tomatoes.