Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,047 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
  • LocationToronto

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:08 AM

I am an idiot! I injured my shin while running the other day, so I wanted to ice it. I tied the (bare) ice pack to my shin with a tensor bandage and left it on for like 20 min. this morning I woke up with a horribly giant swollen red square on my shin! does anyone now how I can treat this or how to help it heal? and yes...I feel pretty dumb that I didn't put a cloth around the pack first :S :"(

#2 Leia78

Leia78
  • VIP Member
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:45 AM

Oh no Ana...is it blistering or is it just a reddened area?

#3 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,532 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:54 AM

Ouch! That sounds super painful. I have no clue how to heal it. I'm thinking moisturize...maybe Aloe...is that dumb?

#4 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,047 posts
      • LocationToronto

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:22 AM

well its not blistering just red and tingly and hurts oh and apparently I can't spell either! the "and" in the title is supposed to be an "an". Boy I shouldn't be allowed to do anything today...I clearly am not on my A-game.

#5 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:30 AM

Ouch! I'm not sure what to do but my first thought is to moisturize too.

I changed the title for you

#6 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:48 AM

Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do for an ice burn. Keep in moisturized yet dry (does that make sense?)

I burned the crap out of my arm in a walk-in freezer. I don't remember the details, but I was just wearing a t-shirt and my hands/arms were wet. I must have just washed them. Anyway, somehow my arm touched a wire shelf and got stuck. It looked worse and felt worse than an oven burn!

#7 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,047 posts
          • LocationToronto

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:58 PM

Thanks for changing the title for me

As for the burn its definitely not fun right now....it hurts to have anything touch it so I'm walking around the office like a total douche with my jeans rolled up over my knee :S lol

#8 Leia78

Leia78
          • VIP Member
          • 2,459 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Ana
            Thanks for changing the title for me

As for the burn its definitely not fun right now....it hurts to have anything touch it so I'm walking around the office like a total douche with my jeans rolled up over my knee :S lol
            you're funny Ana...i say keep it moisturized maybe w/ some neosporin and put a loose gauze over it. That way it can still "breathe" but won't rub on anything. I hope it heals fast!

#9 Chiquita

Chiquita
            • 2,674 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:56 PM

I say neosporin or aloe too. Haha and I also like saying douche.. :)

#10 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:23 PM

ouch that really sucks i have to ice shin splints all the time before i play soccer, man it does hurt if you dont put something between the ice and skin, but sorry, i've never gotten burned from it, so i dont have any advice, just sympathy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users