Photo

Would you pay for calligraphy for placecards?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
  • 514 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:17 PM

I had a bridezilla moment last night-

My aunt came over to work on these these last night. She was writing the names on with a pencil first, she tried erasing a few times and broke three. I was furious, so I decided that I would take matters in to my own hands. I couldn't stop; I just kept on writing! I wrote the names on all of them and I HATE the way they came out. I think they look so cheap and my vision of what I wanted is completely ruined. I completely regret not paying for the calligraphy!! It was really difficult to write on these because of the curve and texture.

What should I do, should I buy more?! I really don't want to spend the $$ on more, but I really think they look crappy!

Click the image to open in full size.

#22 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:23 PM

If you really love this look, just buy more and have them done professionally and be done with iit!

#23 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:25 PM

Does that picture show the ones that you did? It's really hard to see, can you make it larger?

In my previous post, I said that I wouldn't pay for it, but you really have your heart set on it and it matters a great deal to you, so I would suck it up and pay it. There are lots of things that I did or didn't do at my wedding that I wish I had or hadn't. If this is one of those things that means alot to you, it doesn't matter what we say!

#24 NotYourAverageDW

NotYourAverageDW
        • 361 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:29 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Alyssa
          If you really love this look, just buy more and have them done professionally and be done with iit!

I agree. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and splurge for your vision. Sounds like a stressful night. Hope you and your aunt weren't too distressed.

Also, do you have a bigger picture, its really had to see.

#25 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
          • 514 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

I tried resizing it, can you see it now (not that they are even worth looking at!).

#26 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
            • 2,262 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:49 PM

I can't see whats wrong with them!

#27 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
              • 514 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:38 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Hartyt509
                I can't see whats wrong with them!
                Ahh, you're sweet, thanks! I just had a poll here at work (I know, I have officially lost it) and they all said the same thing-

They said that if the wedding was very formal, then they would understand why I would want them done proffesionally. But, since I'm having a semi-formal beach wedding, that the writing and sand dollars go along with everything else. They "claim" it adds charm and character because I wrote them myself. I don't know if I believe that part, but I guess it does add a little of that personal touch!?!

#28 NotYourAverageDW

NotYourAverageDW
                • 361 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:57 PM

Oh my goodness! They look AMAZING! Honestly, I can't see anything wrong with them. I really do think they look lovely and have a great relaxed feel to them. Were you hoping for more of a formal look?

#29 nicoleandscott

nicoleandscott
                  • 397 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:01 PM

i think they look great! i understand it not being exactly what you envisioned at first, but they look SOOOOOOOOO close to your inspiration!!! i would stick with it...put them away for a few days, think about other things, then come back and re-evaluate the situation. good work! :)

#30 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
                    • 514 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:29 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by NotYourAverageDW
                      Oh my goodness! They look AMAZING! Honestly, I can't see anything wrong with them. I really do think they look lovely and have a great relaxed feel to them. Were you hoping for more of a formal look?
                      Thanks, you've all been so sweet & supportive!! I didn't want them to look formal, just cute and neat. I think they look messy because my writing sucks!

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by nicoleandscott
                      i think they look great! i understand it not being exactly what you envisioned at first, but they look SOOOOOOOOO close to your inspiration!!! i would stick with it...put them away for a few days, think about other things, then come back and re-evaluate the situation. good work! :)

Thanks, that's a good idea! The more I keep looking at them the more I'm going to get emotional about it. I'll give myself a break from them this weekend!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users