• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:42 AM

FI and I need a vacation. We've had so much go on this year and we weren't planning on taking one in 2008 at all, but I think the beach is calling our names. What travel site do you use to find good last minute travel deals?

#2 JessicaPV

JessicaPV
    • 375 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:51 AM

Hi, well my boyfriend and I do a lot of travel. The best place is Expedia. It is truly the cheapest, and it includes the tax when the price comes up. Just a personal note: I think it is a great idea for you to get away for a few days. I think its a chance to keep that fire going. Good luck with everything and enjoy your trip.

#3 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:53 PM

Kristy - why not reach out to one of the TA's on here - they always have amazing last minute deals!!

#4 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,368 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:00 PM

That's a good idea. I don't have to talk to them just about their specialty areas, right?

#5 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,532 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:01 PM

I always find the best deals on Expedia too. But I've never tried to use a TA for a last minute thing so that might work too!

#6 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:08 PM

no, you can talk to them about any areas!

#7 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,368 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:12 PM

Sweet, thanks for the tip. Can you tell I usually book my own stuff?

#8 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,532 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:17 PM

Also check Travel Deals: Airfare, Vacations, Cruises, and More | Travelzoo - they release the top 20 travel deals every Wednesday - I just got the new ones in my email this morning. Sometimes they have amazing deals on there!

#9 Alyssa

Alyssa
                  • 11,793 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:17 PM

i know Kristy sometimes it is just easier and so tempting but latley there have been so many crazy things with the airlines, it really is your best bet to have a real, live advocate on your side.

my parents flights got canceled last week and TA Dina was on it.

another friend of mine booked through Orbitz or Expedia and needs to make achange to her 1 flight - she has been on hold for the last couple days for 40 min at a time -stuff like that - who wants to deal with it? KWIM?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users