Photo

Welcome Dinner....or maybe Tequila Tasting??

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 meagan

meagan
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:12 PM

Hello all.....

I know I am a little early with this question since I just started planning but.....who cares right?!

The first night that guests arrive my FI want to do some sort of welcome get together. Initially we were thinking dinner, but then I found somewhere on this forum that some places do Tequila Tasting parties.

Has anyone done this ?? I was wondering where might be good, and how much per person is it about. We chose Dreams Cabo because it was all-inclusive, so I'm not sure if going off the resort for something like this would be in our budget or not. Any other ideas?

#2 ginalynn

ginalynn
    • 219 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:13 PM

I have never heard of Tequilla Tasting, but it sounds fun! I hope you get some info about it!

#3 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
      • Banned
      • 1,051 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

Hmmm....Tequila Tasting I don't really "taste" tequila, in fact I try to NOT taste it at all costs! Just give me the salt and lots of lime!!! J/K, I think that's a very good idea, especially in Mexico. Sorry I don't have a lot of info. That might be a good question for the hotel TA. If I find any info, I will post :)

#4 amy706

amy706
        • 506 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:37 PM

I haven't heard of someone conducting it but i have been thinking that I'm going to do one at my actual wedding. Just set up a table after dinner (and hopefully everone has a full tummy. and then put out some high end tequilla we'll buy and also roll out the customized shot glasses we're going to have made (as favors). We'll make a "Tequila Tasting" sign in the same style as our menus, placecards, etc. will post pics when i get to this (probably not until Oct or Nov).
          Amy706
          Washington, DC
          Dreams Tulum
          December 5, 2008
          Pro Pics- Citlalli from Claudia Rodriguez:http://claudiaphoto...../december/a_m/Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31997Dreams Tulum Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33518http://ticker...

#5 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,532 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:50 PM

Jill hosted her own tequila tasting at the Fiesta Americana - I know this isn't what you're really looking for, but here is the thread in case you are interested:

Jill's (Jak27) Fiesta Americana Los Cabos Wedding Review - REALLY LONG W/ PICS!!!

Hope that helps!

#6 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,047 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
            • LocationToronto

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:32 PM

I was thinking of doing a tequila tasting instead of our rehearsal dinner or as our bachlorette nite out...lol! but I haven't quite worked out the details of it yet, or found any places. My wedding plans are on hold pretty much until after I move to Toronto.

#7 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
            • 582 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:33 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by meagan
              Hello all.....

I know I am a little early with this question since I just started planning but.....who cares right?!

The first night that guests arrive my FI want to do some sort of welcome get together. Initially we were thinking dinner, but then I found somewhere on this forum that some places do Tequila Tasting parties.

Has anyone done this ?? I was wondering where might be good, and how much per person is it about. We chose Dreams Cabo because it was all-inclusive, so I'm not sure if going off the resort for something like this would be in our budget or not. Any other ideas?

I have a great suggestion for you. A restaurant called "Panchos". The food is fantastic and the maitre'd offers "tequila school" in which guests are given white, reposado, joven, anejo and mescal to taste. Armondo explains the history of mexican tequila, the differences between all the different types of tequila you are tasting and then will set you up at the bar, if you like, and have the bartender give you more tequila to taste depending on what you like. When my fiance and I went to Cabo in 2006 we went there 3 or 4 times in 10 days.

Here is a link to the website: Pancho's Restaurant - House of the Best Mexican Food in Los Cabos, Mexico!..

PM me if you have any questions.

#8 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
              • 672 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:04 AM

I have heard of it, but not sure where. You might want to try Pancho's as they claim to have the largest selection of T. in the world (over 300 kinds). THey do tastings.

We are going a Mx. wine tasting with a Taco Stand and appetizers...trying to keep it local fare...

#9 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:52 AM

Sorry i don't have any info for you, but i think a Tequilla Tasting is a great idea.
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#10 meagan

meagan
                  • 133 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:25 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jennifer Davis
                    I have a great suggestion for you. A restaurant called "Panchos". The food is fantastic and the maitre'd offers "tequila school" in which guests are given white, reposado, joven, anejo and mescal to taste. Armondo explains the history of mexican tequila, the differences between all the different types of tequila you are tasting and then will set you up at the bar, if you like, and have the bartender give you more tequila to taste depending on what you like. When my fiance and I went to Cabo in 2006 we went there 3 or 4 times in 10 days.

Here is a link to the website: Pancho's Restaurant - House of the Best Mexican Food in Los Cabos, Mexico!..

PM me if you have any questions.
                    Thanks ! That sounds kind of what I am looking for. Was it expensive? (of course that is always the next question.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users