Alyssa's planning thread...

Wow!

I can’t believe it’s finally my time – I want to start by saying a HUGE Thank You to Tammy Wright for not only starting this forum but continuing to host it at mostly her expense and to all of you brides (and some grooms lol) for being so supportive, kind and generous with not only your ideas, templates and time but most of all your friendship.

I really couldn’t have done this wedding like this without you!!!

grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Cake and DIY “B” Swarovski crystal Cake Topper(but cake will be Coconut Cake with Chocolate Butter cream icing and Coconut Shavings so imagine the dark chocolate with the white shredded coconut)…

Click the image to open in full size.

Our Engraved Shell Ring Holder (from Hanson Ellis)…

Aisle Inspiration – will be 2000 White Orchids…

Bouquet Inspiration – love this first picture BUT in the color in the 2nd pic…

My Monogrammed “B” Parasol from Parasols – the BM’s will have plain ones…[/b]

Bridesmaid Gifts, Travel Monogram Jewelry pouches from Buy Personalized Gifts - Personalized Party Favors - Personalized Wedding Gifts - Engraved Gifts filled with E.L.F. lip glosses (for when I asked them to be in Bridal Party)…

Bridal Party Gifts for day of wedding. Embroidered Spa Robes and Monogram Cosmetic Bags from Smarty Pants Custom Embroidery Boutique. Hand Painted Sarongs and coconut shell ties from Amazon.com. Custom Fragrance Scents from Scent Design - Custom Designed Fragrances.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Bridesmaidâ€s Dresses, Victoriaâ€s Secret 7in1 Dress (in TEAL)…

Groomâ€s Suit and Shoes…

Seersucker Linen suit from Saks 5th Avenue

My Dress and Veil, both from Priscilla of Boston…

On the Model front and back…

On Me with Veil…

My Earrings, Swarovski crystals with black accent crystals. From Ebay (single seller)…

My “Something Blue†Garter, engraved with our names and date and a real starfish…

My Shoes – I am wearing the flip-flops for the ceremony ONLY so I donâ€t trip b/c I am a klutz and then changing into the dark shoes for the Reception. Amy (from Amy&Andy) sent me the best pari of blue shoes but they are about ½ size too small and wonâ€t break in so thank you Amy-you are the BEST!

My Purse – bought on Ebay…

A couple of weeks after we sent out our Passport Invites, we got an unexpected phone call from Molokai Ranch that they were closing down effective immediately – after the shock wore off and we got all of our $ back – we had to re-plan everything. Sandra Evans (BDW Member: Sandra E.) stepped in and helped me create an update Newsletter for all of our guests…

CEREMONY & RECEPTION ITEMS:

We are having 5 tables named after the Hawaiian Islands – here are my DIY table cards and table card holder from Crate and Barrel (home office section $2 each)…

Individual Menuâ€s and Placecards for Tables…

Thanks again to Sandra wink.gif for sending me the artwork that she used for the Newsletters so I could have the Programs and Candles all coordinate!

DIY Bamboo Ceremony Programs…

Personalized Candle Favors, inspired by Sarah! we made one for each guest – they will all be on a table as you enter the reception …

With these tags on them so the guests know what table to sit at…

I copied AmyHâ€s dry-erase guestbook idea so I made these signs – we will glue them to the back of the dry erase boards and we have 2 more that are framed…

Since our resort has NO phones in any of the rooms – we made day of timelines for the girls and guys…

OOT Bags with DIY Tags – thanks to LALA for the circle cutter!!!

Welcome Itineraries for OOT Bags…

For our 4th Anniversary last year we decided to have our “Relationship Story” written professionally by Ellen Braunstein from Courtship Stories (Courtship Stories). From there we decided to have Mini-book’s designed by Sproullie Designs (BDW Member: Sarah) to put in each guests OOT Bag and for ourselves as a keepsake. Our hope is that by sharing our story with our family and friends, they feel even more invested in our ceremony and understand the little details that make it all really significant to us and basically why they flew thousands of miles lol!

Minibooks, (the mini-books are 20 pages so here is a sampling)…

Weather Cards, these will be put under the guest rooms the night before the wedding with the weather info for Wedding Day filled in…

Custom Wedding Certificate from Wedding Vows-Guest Signature Documents-Special Event Certificates-Reception Accessories-Table Numbers-Place Cards-Seating Charts-Menu Cards-Stationery-Wedding Programs.

This is significant for us b/c both of our faiths/backgrounds utilize wedding certificates in their ceremonies (Quaker and Jewish). We had this graphic made b/c it is reminiscient of the site we have choosen for our ceremony. We also have our actual wedding vows on here. There are 40 signature lines so that each guest who is present as a witness can sign it. The certificate is done on archival paper and when we get home we will frame it and have it up in our house!

That is it for now - I am missing some things like OOT Bag Contents, Groomsman gifts, Starfish Pin, Annoucements and Thank You Cards (both in production) b/c we shipped a bunch of boxes to Hawaii a couple of months ago without taking pictures but I will update this thread once I get back and get the pis.

The planning threads have always been my favorite - I LOVE seeing everyone's weddings come together and now doing my own there is such a sense of relief knowing that the DIY and project part is over smile36.gif and a sense of pride seeing it all come together and knowing all the hard work that went into these things - i sure hope all of our guests appreciate and like everything lol!

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE BUT ESPECIALLY SARAH AND SANDRA - YOU ARE BOTH SO TALENTED AND SO KIND - HAVING YOUR WORK IN MY WEDDING REALLY MEANS A LOT TO ME!!! XOXO