• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:07 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GeminiLibra
    I have had our reception at the Seagrape booked since May and I received an email last night from Chandlyn saying we would no longer be able to have our reception there! I think this is totally unprofessional how can they just say no after saying yes? She recommended our location to move next to the beach gazebo but our wedding is on a Saturday and there is a beach party that night. I am so pissed!!!
    That sucks! But the beach gazebo is far enough away from where the beach party takes place that you would still have privacy, you just wouldn't have the bar right there. You should ask her if they will open the pool bar for you, that's the next closest bar.
    See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#12 GeminiLibra

GeminiLibra
    • 220 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:06 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Agape Gems
      That sucks! But the beach gazebo is far enough away from where the beach party takes place that you would still have privacy, you just wouldn't have the bar right there. You should ask her if they will open the pool bar for you, that's the next closest bar.

That is great to know, I was wondering where it was located in relation to the beach party. I'll ask Chandlyn about the pool bar. Thank you, I was starting to worry about what to do.

#13 Jill

Jill
      • 113 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:09 AM

I am having my dinner and reception by the pool and they set up a full bar for us so if you have it at the beach gazebo I am sure they can set up a full bar there for you.. would not hurt to ask!

#14 dinzers

dinzers
        • 45 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:14 PM

We're doing our dance reception by the poolside. Does anyone have pics? I had originally chosen the seagrape, but was disappointed to find out about the sand fleas & the extra charge if we wanted a dancefloor put in.

I'm good to go with the poolside, but I wanna see some visuals!
          Josh & Denise
          May 2009

#15 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
          • 302 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:06 PM

i dont think anyone has an visuals on the poolside! there was one photo floating around but many people claimed that the photo was not of the riu ocho rios.....

i would like some visuals too!

#16 Joanna

Joanna
            • 42 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:29 PM

I am also getting married on a Saturday and was told that I cannot have my reception at Seagrape because of the beach party. We are planning the poolside reception as well, but I'm a little nervous being that there are no pictures!! The only other options are the Plantation and the disco. For now, I guess we will stick with the poolside... I hope whoever goes next has a poolside reception or at least sees one and can give some input!!

#17 tmemise

tmemise
              • 135 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:08 PM

How long do you get the seagrape for if you book it? Do they give chairs or is that extra? What does the bonfire include for $150?? Is it just fire or do you get anything else?

#18 amagee

amagee
                • 129 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:04 AM

I am not sure about the bonfire (even though my reception is there ) But I know the price for the seagrape is actually $10 per person and if you want chairs and tables it is an extra $5 per person.

#19 GeminiLibra

GeminiLibra
                  • 220 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:37 PM

Our reception was moved from the Seagrape and was set up directly next to the beach gazebo and we were so pleased. It was very private, the only non guests around were the people whose rooms were right there and we were one of them so it was fine. About the bonfire, you get just the set up and bonfire for $150.00. We paid for the bonfire but it had rained earlier that day so the wood was wet and wouldn't light but no biggie really. At that point we were having a great time and didn't bother to get our money back because it wasn't their fault. But had the bonfire worked it would have been worth it.

#20 klopez

klopez
                    • 176 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:40 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by GeminiLibra
                      Our reception was moved from the Seagrape and was set up directly next to the beach gazebo and we were so pleased. It was very private, the only non guests around were the people whose rooms were right there and we were one of them so it was fine. About the bonfire, you get just the set up and bonfire for $150.00. We paid for the bonfire but it had rained earlier that day so the wood was wet and wouldn't light but no biggie really. At that point we were having a great time and didn't bother to get our money back because it wasn't their fault. But had the bonfire worked it would have been worth it.
                      Hey there, I am having a beach reception after dinner at Mammee Bay. Can you tell me how they set it up? Are there table cloths on the tables? Do they put any candles or anything like that? Did they put up tiki torches, and if so, how many?

Sorry, so many questions...I need to buy candle holders but don't know how many cuz don't know how many tables they put out and if it's looks funny with just one or would i need more than one candle per table? They are small votive candles.

Any pictures would be appreciated

ps. I leave one week from today....please help! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users