Sticky Thread for ROR cakes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 msasfraz

• 392 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:13 PM

Can we start a sticky thread like the ROR wedding date thread for cakes? I am so unsure as to what cake I want and what they have actually done for previous ROR brides... moderators is this ok to put here?

#2 geology_rocks

• 215 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:02 AM

Don't spend too much time worrying about the cake. They are fairly limited in what they can do. If you have something specific or complicated in mind, look into hiring an outside baker to do your cake. We ordered a chocolate cake and got white cake with strawberry filling. It was still yummy either way. We actually heard of the same sort of mix-up happening to another couple a few days before our wedding.

What we asked for...
      Click the image to open in full size.

What we got...

(We brought the shells from home)

#3 steph_held03

• 44 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:50 AM

I am really worried about the cake as well. I have looked into an outside baker but they are definitly not cheap! If anyone else has an pictures of what they received for a wedding cake I would love to see them!

#4 JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:40 AM

Yup, the ROR cakes are pretty basic. You can chose how many tiers you want, but they pretty much look the same. If you want something specific you'll prob have to go with an outside baker.

I'll post a pic of my cake when I get home.

#5 jmhein

• 665 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:50 PM

This was our cake. It was just the free cake, chocolate and cherry filling, very yummy! I honestly would not put too much thought or concern into the cake. Everyone was having so much fun at dinner, the food was so delicious, the cake was really like an afterthought. We took pics of the cake cutting and some people had a piece, but we were allp retty full from dinner and ready to move on to the party right away!

------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#6 msasfraz

• 392 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:33 PM

That sucks b/c i wanted to do the famous I DO set up and cake pulls w/ bridesmaids... im really pissed... maybe i can save the I DO set up for at home reception...... what do you think...

#7 divadivine25

• 427 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:42 PM

I guess it all depends on what your cake budget is. Try getting quotes from outside vendors and then go from there. Id also like to know what the prices are.....

#8 PrecisePlans

• 802 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:14 PM

Here was our cake.....I upgraded because we had a big group, but honestly, it wasn't worth the extra $350!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users