Please help me identify my dress!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 Chantal85

• 224 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:07 PM

First off, Lisa's gave me a hard time too!

As for the dress, I'm not sure but it looks like a Sophia Tolli type style.

Brides.com has a dress gallery that allows you to refine searches by fabric, neckline, waist, etc.. so it might help.

#12 kevsgirl

• 1,209 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by edssbride09
      I thought for sure that there was some information I had missed the first time I tried the dress on, so I went back. The tag only had store specific details on it. Their name, the cost, and a internal product number (trust me, it was not the dress model number).

I also went to their website and looked at all the designers they listed... it was not on any of these websites.... I have spent hours searching and am about to give up...

Does anyone know when the winter 2008/09 dresses will hit stores? Is it possible that this dress is so new that it wouldn't be on a designers site yet?

Everyone here is great! Thanks so much!!
      That is seriously so f*** offensive... I'm glad you're not purchasing from them, only on principle. What jerks.

I think that the stores should have their winter stock in now. I don't think that's unusual, but that's just my opinion.

I'll look for you. It looks familiar to me... I have tons of magazines. I'll keep my eyes open for you!

I'm sure we'll find it. Put out an APB on BDW - the BRIDES ARE ON IT!!! *sirens*

#13 tvt

• VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:21 PM

tell us more. what shape is it? A line, trumpet? What's it made out of?

#14 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:52 PM

That's terrible. I can't believe they wouldn't tell you the designer of a dress until AFTER you purchase it. Totally insane! I hope someone on here can help you find it.

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#15 edssbride09

• 233 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:28 AM

Thanks for all your help so far!

So here is some more info...it is very likely polyester, but it is very much like Satin...very light satin though, not heavy and stiff, very light and flowy. It is rouched all the way down past the hips (so it keeps everything nice and tight!) and it then flows out. It is NOT mermaid style though, more A-line I suppose.

Here is another very similar Maggie Sottero one to show what i mean. It is super light on, and it probably does come from some destination collection.

MaggieSottero.com - AD8502 - Dress Detail

#16 meghanmbm

• 203 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:48 PM

If they have the dress i gold i would say that you want to try on the gold on to see if you like the way it fits. Then look at the lable. bing bang boom, you got you answer. i would then look into other bridal salons to purchase the dress at seeing as these people sound like A#*holes!!
              Live every day like the next will never come.

#17 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:04 PM

Sorry sweetie I don't know who makes that dress. Hopefully some of the designer websites that were listed on Lisa's store page will update with their 2009 dresses.
                ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#18 adias.angel

• 719 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:18 PM

I know this might be sneaky but then again so is what the bridal store did to you!

Email or take the pictures into a few bridal stores in your area, tell them you found the pictures online in a forum post and see if they can identify it. You might need to go back to the original store and get a full length picture of it though for this to work.

#19 Davematthews16

• Banned
                  • 1,051 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:30 PM

This may or may not work but it's worth a shot...Call them from a number they wouldn't recognize, act really interested in wanting to come in the store, and tell her it's a VERY far drive but you REALLY want to come in. Tell them you would like to know what designers they carry before you drive down. If you're lucky, they will tell you the designers, you can write them down and you could go to their websites, cross your fingers and search for the dress that way. You know we will help as well! It's only a phone call AND may end up being the key to finding the designer!!!

#20 edssbride09

• 233 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:25 PM

Hey Ladies,

Well it has been many months since i posted this, and though i have since bought an amazing dress that i love (not from that store!), i still would love to know what dress this is. Since all the 2009 dresses are out perhaps someone has seen it?

This is one of those things that i will always want to know so why not go ahead and figure it out now?! Though i hope if i do find it i don't become a 2 dress bride!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users