Photo

I'm so happy my sis is coming home! ( a little long)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 yamille

yamille
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:11 PM

So my sister has been volunteering in a remote village in Nicaragua for the past two years and I have missed her terribly. (even though I am super proud of her!!) We are incredibly close so it has been a rough two years becuase we are so used to being in contact all the time.

Anyway, to make a long story short... she has had numerous medical problems (among other issues) since living there aside from the usual parasites she also had dengue fever, and recently had to have surgery for a problem with a cyst. It has been ROUGH to say the least- especially since she usually rode her bike 5miles each way to teach at her school- and she couldn't after the surgery. Peace Corps has agreed that she can come home three months early!

Aside from the fact that she was beginning to feel super depressed and her health is most important- she can be here and share in all the wedding planning fun. It really hasn't been the same without her. I think it's part of the reason that I was putting off the dress shopping stuff. I need her opinion. She knows me better than anyone else.

My mom just called to tell me that she will be home THURSDAY! How crazy is that? i guess you have to leave 72 hours after Peace Corps gives you the ok. I'm so happy! I know this is really random but I just needed to share with someone. (or in this case- many!) FI is in a meeting and I texted him but I prob won't hear for a while.

#2 tvt

tvt
    • VIP Member
    • 4,812 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:17 PM

Wow, that's good she's coming home! How great that you can share all of this with her now

Hope her health starts to improve!

#3 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:19 PM

I am so happy for her and your family! What great news!!

#4 syl1115

syl1115
        • 789 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:47 PM

I am so happy for you. It will make it so much more fun to share everything with her.
          Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#5 ericaandsy

ericaandsy
          • 259 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:51 PM

Yamille I am so happy for you!!

#6 Banana11

Banana11
            • VIP Member
            • 8,841 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:59 PM

That's great news! You gotta go dress shopping now! :)

#7 Anna83

Anna83
              • 288 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:53 PM

That's great!! I'm so happy for you! That will make your wedding plan a lot more fun.

#8 Angel

Angel
                • 2,635 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:55 PM

That's good news. I hope she feels better so she can help you with all of your planning.

#9 Alyssa

Alyssa
                  • 11,793 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:59 PM

That is great news!!! you must be SO EXCITED!!!! willl she be living nearby when she gets home?

#10 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 9,504 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:02 PM

That is so exciting! I know this will make your planning so such easier to have moral support!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users