Photo

Parasols to Canada?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 kathrat

kathrat
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:07 PM

I'm thinking about doing parasols for my outdoor wedding on the beach and have all my bridesmaids carry one instead of a bouquet. Is anyone nervous or concerned that they will tear or not be sturdy enough due to the wind or something? Are people just using them for photos or ceremony as well?

Thank you so much for all your feedback!

#32 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
    • 305 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:08 AM

i love this thread!!! i am trying to get parasols within the next 6 days! i hope i find something.  why do i wait to the last minute, i have no idea!

#33 bride6262

bride6262
      • 582 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:30 PM

where are you ordering from?

Originally Posted by PurpleUnicorn 

i love this thread!!! i am trying to get parasols within the next 6 days! i hope i find something.  why do i wait to the last minute, i have no idea!

#34 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
        • 305 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:03 AM

i never did. after going through more of this thread, i checked out a lot of the sites and the shipping was either WAY too expensive or there was no guarantee of  them arriving in less than a week.  

I did email www.weddingfavours.ca and they got back to me two days later to say i can come pick up the parasols but its better if i place the order online first so they keep it in stock. and they didn't have all the colors i wanted (they had white but no purple).  And i would have wanted to reply and ask how it would work with not paying shipping fees since that is required with online orders - but i didn't have time to wait two more days for a reply!

however, someone else gave me the idea to go look in China town for parasols. so since i have today and tomorrow until my AHR, i am going to do that. if not, i guess i won't have them!

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

where are you ordering from?

#35 Peach

Peach
          • 1,293 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:52 AM

Thanks for this thread - getting some ideas!

#36 bride6262

bride6262
            • 582 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:23 PM

hi ladies!!

i added this on the canadian brides thread but thought i would add it on here too.

so i just picked up my parasols from weddingfavours.ca.....they are really nice!! i <3 them!!!

i am thinking of writing stuff on them just not sure what yet.... on mine i am going to write just married (for pictures after) but not sure if i should write anything on the BMs. this is my MOH modelling the umbrella!

sun parasols.a.jpg

#37 bride6262

bride6262
              • 582 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:25 PM

it may be too late but i ordered mine yesterday and picked them up today!

Originally Posted by PurpleUnicorn 

i never did. after going through more of this thread, i checked out a lot of the sites and the shipping was either WAY too expensive or there was no guarantee of  them arriving in less than a week.  

I did email www.weddingfavours.ca and they got back to me two days later to say i can come pick up the parasols but its better if i place the order online first so they keep it in stock. and they didn't have all the colors i wanted (they had white but no purple).  And i would have wanted to reply and ask how it would work with not paying shipping fees since that is required with online orders - but i didn't have time to wait two more days for a reply!

however, someone else gave me the idea to go look in China town for parasols. so since i have today and tomorrow until my AHR, i am going to do that. if not, i guess i won't have them!

#38 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
                • 385 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:38 AM

I'm struggling with this issue as well.  I'm thinking of checking out authentic chinese malls or even Chinatown for these.  Will talk to my mother about some intel and if I find some on the cheap, I will let you brides know!!

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users