Photo

Laser hair removal?

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#31 katm

katm
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:15 AM

I work with Laser techs and have had laser myself. It is worth it. Only have a few fine hairs under my arms now and you can't see then unless up really close, it took about 5-6 sessions but it is different for everyone. You can not have any tan or you can end up with pigmentation. It work better on light skin and dark hair. I would say go for a consultation and see if they have pkg deals. Some people do see hair grow back if they go through a hormonal change or if hair follicles were dormant through the laser process.
    I think you should go for it. It is so nice to have soft hairless underarms all the time.

#32 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
    • 812 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:21 AM

I keep hearing that it's super expensive, but how expensive is "expensive"?
      Hundreds, thousands? I have no idea!

#33 anaderoux

anaderoux
      • 3,220 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:05 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Galit
        I keep hearing that it's super expensive, but how expensive is "expensive"?
        Hundreds, thousands? I have no idea!
        I paid less than a thousand for legs, underarms, face, belly, bikini, hands, feet..

But I know it's much less expensive here in Mexico than in the US

#34 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:48 PM

I think I paid about $80-$100 per session, but some sessions were free. After the 5th, they got cheaper. Wow, ann your prices were amazing. I thought it was cheap in south texas. I did upper lip & underarms. 13 sessions later, I still have hair!!!! I moved out of state & stopped the treatments & it all came back. I was also told I was an ideal candidate with light skin & dark hair. It has helped a little though. I don't get the 5 oclock shadow, but I do still shave daily. I don't regret it, because I was young & still living at home & just picked up extra shifts at work to pay for it. Now I'd feel like it's a waste of money. If it would've worked, I wouldn't have thought it was a waste. I also got really tired of all the time I spent at appointments. Once I moved off to college, it was a pain to drive home for appointments.

They have special lasers for tanned skin. Otherwise, you don't want to do it with a tan. I once drove 3 hours with a major hangover to an appointment. When I got there I was a little pink from the sun coming through the car window so they wouldn't treat me. I was so upset.

I don't think other people have an experience as bad as mine. A friend of mine went in for a consultation & asked if other people had as much trouble as me & they said I was a freak of nature!

#35 Chiquita

Chiquita
          • 2,674 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:53 PM

My underarms are 100 cdn a session. Bikini starts at 150 a session (200 for all of it) and legs start at 250 a session. So depending on how many sessions you need the price will certainly vary. So far my underarms and bikini after 1 session look awesome.. but I'm waiting to see how much comes back for my second session which is at the end of august.

#36 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:58 PM

Wow, Anny! That is super-cheap! I jsut priced out a full brazilian and it's $1,000, with discounts. I am pretty sure I am going to do it...

#37 anaderoux

anaderoux
              • 3,220 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:13 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
                Wow, Anny! That is super-cheap! I jsut priced out a full brazilian and it's $1,000, with discounts. I am pretty sure I am going to do it...
                What that's super expensive!!
                I paid $280 for bikini

Oh and my sessions are unlimited!!

FYI hair grows back if you stop going, I haven't gone in 2 months and hair grew back again.. not as before but it did.. so when I get pregnant I won't be able to go and I will have my hair as it was before

#38 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:17 PM

If it grows back for everyone, I dont think it's worth it. I'd go every 3 months. For 1 month it was terrible, because the dead hair hadn't fallen out yet. So it was like having hair you couldn't shave off. Then for one month it was nice & one month it was growing back. So if it's only good while doing sessions, it wouldn't be worth it. I thought it was supposed to be forever, but when I moved away & stopped going, most of it came back.

#39 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:20 PM

Damn, I think I should make a trip to Mexico and get it down. A full body lasering! Maybe next vacation... :-P

#40 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
                    • 812 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:26 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
                      Damn, I think I should make a trip to Mexico and get it down. A full body lasering! Maybe next vacation... :-P
                      I second that! Anny - I can't believe what a great deal you are getting down there! I guess I should just call around and find out for myself... I was just hoping to go into a consultation with a general idea of what to expect. Thanks ladies! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users