• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 adias.angel

adias.angel
  • 719 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:13 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seaprincess
    I agree with the ladies -sorry! It is a little on the freaky side for me....but ultimately, it is up to you and your man if it is 'you' and your guests will 'get' it, I say go for it!
    So I started reading all the post and couldn't understand why everyone was so scared. Just realized you can't really see the picture that good and thought OMG they must think I am crazy!!

It is a James Bond themed cake. When you get up close you can see that is what it is suppose to represent.

#12 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:31 AM

I think it might be fun for an AHR cake, but agree that for the DW it might freak out nervous flyers.

Also, you might run into trouble finding a baker who would have the supplies, etc to re-create that for you in Mexico.

#13 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:33 AM

I say go for it, it's just a cake and the figurines will come off when they cut it up anyway. It sounds like your family/friends get your personalities and will think it is fitting, plus you two like it and that's what it's all about :)

#14 Christi

Christi
        • 1,905 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:42 AM

I like it because it's different, but agree with Erin that it might be hard to re-create in Mex...

#15 adias.angel

adias.angel
          • 719 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:48 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Christi
            I like it because it's different, but agree with Erin that it might be hard to re-create in Mex...
            We would be having the cake shipped in. The creator of the original one is Mikes Amazing Cakes and ships the cakes via airlines.

He would be doing an Indiana Jones version for us. Based on everyones reply I think we will swap out the plane for a Jeep.

#16 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:55 AM

I think the way you worded your post, you've already answered the question! Do it, you said it's so you.

Ok, so I went back and read comments after I voted and wrote this, and noticed the plane. Totally didn't see it at first, thought it was just the wreckage along the cake at the top. I agree that switching it out for a jeep is a better idea then the plane.

#17 ash0628

ash0628
              • 83 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:58 AM

I say go for it , People will understand its you

#18 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:02 PM

Go for it. I think it's a great idea. And I think a jeep would work great instead of a plane.
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#19 Jenn

Jenn
                  • 1,557 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:37 PM

I think its awesome! Very cool cake... but agree that changing out the plane is a good idea for a DW.

#20 Kathie

Kathie
                    • 2,654 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:08 PM

The jeep would make it much better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users