I'm about to flip the freak out!

Kat81

Ok so here is my vent sorry if it is long..

I am now the proud mother of an 11 year old. My stepson just moved here from Canada. I have never had a child before. He is a really good kid I am just use to my space and Ryan is out of town on work... OK that is really not what is is bothering me I am just leading up to it. I get married in less than a month. My darling Mother still hasn't booked, although she has got her passport which is a step I didn't expect. One of my supposed good friends calls me the other day and tells me that she isn't going and that she hopes I understand that they spent all their money on their family vacation to the gulf and it was important for them to get away and stay at a nice hotel and eat out at nice restaraunts (her exact words) she just took this trip the other day and my wedding is three weeks away. So, whatever she is wrote off my list of people I would take a bullet for...

Ok for the next thing you need the back story..

My sister and her bf have been together oh about nine months. They are living together and about a month ago he leaves for work and texts her she needs to move out before he gets home. So I go over there and move her into my house. We go to my legal wedding in San Antonio and he is texting her all these horrible texts completely ruins the night. Then two days later she moves back in. Oh and the entire time she was at my house he wouldnt answer her phone calls or texts at all. One time she even went to his house and he wouldnt answer the door. So, he has a pitt bull that is registered and I have a male that is registered. I haven't heard a word from this dude at all and he starts calling me constantly to see if he can breed his dog with mine. I tell him yeah, but I want cash upfront and if they don't breed I will reimburse him. Well, my sister calls me freakin' the f out on me. Telling me how stupid I am and they aren't paying up front and blah blah blah. Well, I dont trust that they will still be together once the puppies are born and how am I to know if he will ever pay up. So whatever maybe I am in the wrong but it's my dog ya know? THEN my maid of honor calls me. She lives in cali and still hasn't got her dress.. She is more like my sister than friend. We have been friends since we were six. She goes... I am going to get my dress on wednesday but I just want to let you know I dont like it. That is all I am going to say. I said and why is that? And she goes because it wont hide my butt or stomach. OMG! I wanted to go ape shit on her. But I didn't I just said well sorry to hear that. I told her six months ago to go try on dresses and tell me what looked best on her because I know she is self concious about her weight.. Did she?? NO so not my deal!!! I am sure I could go on and on... but I have already wrote a novel and pretty much highlighted the bad stuff.

I really am not a complainer but I am soooo done dealing with people I don't know what I would do without all of you and my FI!!! Sorry about all the typos I am sure there are a ton!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! If I lived anywhere near you I would offer to hire a babysitter for you and take you out for a stiff cocktail! I am sorry to hear that you are having so many issues with friends and family. I hope everything works out for you. Just remember that in about a month you will be married and all of the headaches will be forgotten. Hang in there!!

Awe Kathi, I'm sorry you are going through so much stress! As my Dad says - "that's all weddings are - stress" (coming from a guy who's been married what, 3 times now...? cheesy.gif)

It will all work out in the end - you are getting married so soon!!! AHHHH!!! Are you excited?? I would try and concentrate as much as possible on the good things that you are looking forward to. Remember this will all pass in one single day and then it will be over, so enjoy it for what it's worth. (Btw, don't mean to sound like venting is a bad thing cause it's NOT!!!! Get it all out, sista'! wink.gif)

Oh Kathi! Just think, in 3 weeks you will be marrying your honey and none of the rest will matter...but I know in the meantime I know it must be a bit overwhelming! I give you credit for taking on everything right now and not totally breaking down. Keep smiling and lean on your man when he comes home from business. Good luck Kathi!

Kathi I'm so sorry that people are stressing you out with this crap so close to your wedding! Try not to stress and focus on the fact that you are so close to your wedding! Its going to be perfect and fabulous, and if people don't make it, THEIR loss!

Thanks girls. I actually feel better just knowing that I have so many amazing friends on here. And youre right in three weeks it will be my day and nobody can take that away from me. I might bring a stick with me just in case though pokestick.gif

Don't apologize for the long story, if you didn't vent, you would probably explode! And well...we wouldn't want that to happen so close to the wedding! There isn't much that can be done before the wedding so just call a girlfriend over and make margaritas. It is so frustrating but at this point, just keep your eyes on the prize!

wow kath! thats a lot to deal with at once.

first off, i am so excited you have a step son (almost officially!), me too :) theya re fun, and i agree, its a little tought going from having just you to having kids overnight, thats how it happened with me too. but its worth it!

2nd, glad your mom got her passport, sounds like she is headed in the right direction!

next, your one friend sucks ass and i understand about needing a vacation, but jeez! she should have told you a long time ago that she just cant go, why do they have to make stupid excuses so close to the day? idiots.

also your sister is being a dumb ass and needs to realize that you will be there for her long after that loser so she should not be acting that way to you sad.gif she sucks ass too. (sorry!)

also, your MOH is so lame for doing that. why must they punish us that way?

kathi i really hope things turn around for you :) {{{BIG HUGS!}}}

Wow - I FEEL your pain! First and foremost, you must know that you can't control anyone else, people never seize to amaze me.

First with your son - embrace the new moments together. I have a 6-year old, so if you have any questions let me know! Nothing should ruin your time with him, and most importantly your wedding planning.

Second-Your friend that bailed on you last second - screw her!!!!! Seriously, who does that?

Third - your MOH and her dress issue. I mean this is difficult. Shame on her for telling you anything negative about the dress. Shame on her for waiting till the last minute, etc....

Additionally, this is your time with your soon to be husband. You must stay positive and not let these outside factors influence you in a negative way. Keep doing what makes you happy and stay persistent with things that are in your control. Let me know how things go.