Photo

how to find a DJ for DW?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 meghanmbm

meghanmbm
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:54 PM

hi ladies, hoping someone can help me out with this one. How to i find a DJ to play at our wedding from a different country? We are getting married in PV mexico. any ideas?
    Live every day like the next will never come.

#2 DJaysEntertainment

DJaysEntertainment
    • 77 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 06:21 PM

Web searches, and possibly places like djkj.com and wedj.com

If djkj.com has anyone in that area, let us know since we're in the same organization. We can do some "inside" research.

Of course, just like there's destination photographers, there's destination DJ's... and we provide both My wife and I are hurting for a "working vacation" (hint hint).

#3 jcoe34

jcoe34
      • 17 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:06 PM

At my hotel i am using their "preferred" dj. i think i will have a list of songs that i want included and a "do not play" list. Ask the WC at your hotel who they use, hope this helps!

#4 DJaysEntertainment

DJaysEntertainment
        • 77 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:23 AM

Also make sure you ask your WC how much of a kickback they are getting from that "preferred" DJ. Full disclosure, right?

Just make sure it's the best DJ for you, not the one that pays the WC the most.

Oh yeah, that goes for ANY "preferred" DJ in any location, even in the States.

#5 1elephant

1elephant
          • VIP Member
          • 15,998 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:19 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by meghanmbm
            hi ladies, hoping someone can help me out with this one. How to i find a DJ to play at our wedding from a different country? We are getting married in PV mexico. any ideas?
            are you talking about flying in a dj? ask around for local opinions and make some calls based on those opinions.

we were married in pv and used a local - dj extassis. his info is in my review in my signature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users