Rehearsal and welcome dinner- veto'd out

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:52 PM

Like others said. I would just pick one of the hotels at the resort and tell everyone to meet there at a certain time. Maybe send out a Newsletter with an itinerary a few weeks before you leave to let everyone know your plans.
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#12 KrysNelson

KrysNelson
    • 31 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:23 PM

I am doing a welcome cocktail party. I am having everyone meet at one of the bars at a certain time. If people don't want to come..then no big deal....

#13 heather007

heather007
      • 620 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:54 PM

A cocktail sounds like an excellent idea.

My parents are contributing a few dollars for the wedding- so I do feel like they have a say in what happens. Mainly, their major concern was making the guests feel obligated with spending a lot of their vacation with us.

Now I will want to add this detail to my invitations- does anyone have an example of how this could be written up?

~~

#14 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:28 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by heather007
          A cocktail sounds like an excellent idea.

My parents are contributing a few dollars for the wedding- so I do feel like they have a say in what happens. Mainly, their major concern was making the guests feel obligated with spending a lot of their vacation with us.

Now I will want to add this detail to my invitations- does anyone have an example of how this could be written up?

~~
          I wouldn't worry about if your guests feel "obligated" during their vacation. This is your wedding. They are going for you, I am sure most of them will be thrilled to spend time with the guest of honor...YOU.

I am having a welcome reception the night before the wedding. I didn't put it in my invite, but did post it on our website. I also plan on mailing a almost time packet two weeks before we leave and it will have more information regarding the Welcome Reception.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users