Tell me about your experiences with Bare Escentuals/Minerals

tvt

My sister and I have been using bare esscentials for almost a year. We both really like it. I occasionally have sensitive skin but have never had a problem with the powders. I like how they make my skin so even looking, since I tend to get very pink cheeks in winter. My sister even has the eye makeup and lipstick from them as well. I will probably go get some of that before my wedding.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have sensitive skin as well and most other foundations make me break out! I have been using BM for 4-5 years and I absolutly love it! I have even got my mom and sister wearing it! It makes your skin look fresh and even without making it thick and greasey as many liquid foundations can do! I don't know what I would do without it!

It almost makes you look like you have a dog growing out of your cheek HA HA HA. I think it looks a little pale but not really bad. I don't personally like it for me. I can't get it to look natural like they do on tv. I have a lot of red in my complextion and I just look pale after. I will put some on in a bit and post a picture.. I have had it about two years and maybe used it five times. I have super super sensitive skin and the powder has never made me break out.

I've been using BE for about a year and a half and I love it! In my experience, it never looks cakey or greasy like liquid foundations and it blends really easily. It's pricey, but I've found the foundations last a while. I usually buy it from ULTA - they always have a coupon posted online for $ off.

I've never had problems breaking out from it, but I also make sure to wash the brushes with a mild facial soap about at least once a week.

i started using BM just this summer since i've never really worn makeup before. it never looks heavy unless i use too much. with this powder less really is more. it does not make me break out. i brought the starter kit to begin with, i love the small sizes since i don't wear it everyday

I have been using BE for about 2-3 years now and have never been more satisfied with any makeup before in my life. Before I found this, I VERY RARELY used any foundation because I could not find one that suited me as I hate the feeling of makeup on my face. Even the more expensive brands that I had tried gave me that feeling. I don't get that with BE. I often forget I'm wearing it! I haven't broken out from it which I also found to be a plus. As others have said, I too, have went to sleep without washing it off, probably more often than not. I still do get an occasional breakout (more from stress I'm pretty certain), however, I also just started using the MD Formulations cleanser and moisturizer, etc, associated with BE and breakouts are even less frequent!

I did just purchase the finishing veil from a brand known as Physicians Formula to see if it works as well as BE. Haven't tried it yet, but if it works as well, it is much cheaper. I'll pass on the word when I come to a conclusion!

I have used BE for a while, and no breakouts or bad skin... It looks great on you, and your face should be pailer than the rest of you... not by a million shades, but a little bit... they say you should test the foundation on the inside of your arm...The only thing about bare minerals is it can get shiny after a while because of some kind of mineral in it that makes it a bit shimmery. I switched to MAC's mineral foundation which lasts, does not make you shiny like BE, and is totally wonderful. Apply is after a generous application of moisturizer all over your face... it holds your makeup on, helps even it out. Alwayssss moisturize!! The MAC one is awesome, if you do not like the big pore/shinyness, try the MAC... (I am a makeup nut, I got to a lot of seminars for MAC and other cosmetics companies to learn the tricks and screts to making things look good and stay.)