The waiting is driving me CRAZY! :-(

Hello fellow DW Brides!!

I have recently decided to have a DW...Originally I had a hall booked locally and was going the Traditional route...Well things changed...and we have decided to not only have a DW, but move our wedding date up from Sept 09 to June of 09 :-)

So now my Wedding is less then one year away!

I'm stressing a little, I picked the place for our DW (Dreams Cancun) I e-mailed the request form to the resort and then the next day I actually sat with a TA, who also e-mailed the resort & now here I am, a week later....I still have no confirmed wedding date...I haven't heard one thing from them!

I know they are busy and it takes about a week (I've heard) But I am really getting upset....I just want a Wedding date! I want to really start putting all these Ideas in my head and making them reality, but I can't do anything without that date.

Has anyone else gone through this, less then a year before your DW? Did you have to wait this long and if so, did you get everything you wanted?

I feel like they can at least can back to you and confirm your date...then, maybe if they don't respond really quickly to all your questions, I'd understand.

I already know that most of the dates I wanted in June are taken, Thanks to a very helpful girl on this site who has been listening to me wine all week (Thanks again for that!)

PLease put my mind at ease and let me know you have gone through this and you heard from them in a week?? LOL

Jenn

Waiting is the worst part! I haven't dealt with Dreams Cancun, but with Dreams Tulum, it probably took more than a week. When I changed to Dreams Puerto Aventuras, I got a reply within a couple of days, but I should mention that they are closed for renovations.

My resort takes FOREVER to respond to everything. They are on island time and I am a crazy fast NYC bride. They took so long to get back to me with dates I just flew down there and picked my day and yet I am still having problems communicating to get everything else settled. Waiting is def the hardest part. I booked my wedding having less then a year but for a DW I think it is less stress.

It is really frustrating waiting for the date confirmation because you can't do much until then. It took us a couple of weeks to hear back from Dreams Punta Cana to get our date confirmation and communication still hasn't been great. perhaps have your TA email/call them again and if she/he can get perhaps a managers email address to cc in the email you might get a faster response. But just a heads up....get ready for slow responses, until it gets closer to your date they aren't going to give you the attention you feel you deserve, which is so annoying cause it isn't how most of us are use to doing things! Good luck!

Oh girl, you sound like me about 3-weeks ago! I did the same, changed plans, and changed plans again - so here I am feeling brilliant with my decision to have a DW! :)

My words of advice are: Have patience; be persistent on contacting until you get a response; and I would choose a couple of other locations just "in case" this resort is stressing you out. There are plenty of other resorts that are equally as beautiful, unless you have your heart set on this one. My wedding is scheduled for June 2009 as well, and recently received confirmation from my resort. Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you! All will be fine:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilandPatrick View Post
Oh girl, you sound like me about 3-weeks ago! I did the same, changed plans, and changed plans again - so here I am feeling brilliant with my decision to have a DW! :)
My words of advice are: Have patience; be persistent on contacting until you get a response; and I would choose a couple of other locations just "in case" this resort is stressing you out. There are plenty of other resorts that are equally as beautiful, unless you have your heart set on this one. My wedding is scheduled for June 2009 as well, and recently received confirmation from my resort. Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you! All will be fine:)
Thank You so much!!
I actually do have my heart set on this one...Although, I have to be honest I haven't REALLY looked into many other resorts...
Hearing everyone's response makes me feel a lot better! :-)
I did actually call the resort and told them I am looking to book my wedding and they told me it was all done through e-mail only....So I told him I sent my request in nd he said sometimes it takes a week.
I think tomorrow I am calling my TA and asking him to call them....Then I will just wait :-)
If they take a while getting back to me after I book m date..that's ok...especially now that I found this site..i know so many of you have gone through all of this and can probably answer my questions better then the resort!! Hahahaha :-)
Thanks Everyone, I appreciate the support!! :-) I'll keep you posted on my date :)