Which Punta Cana resort to choose?? Photographer??

Hey everyone! I'm trying to plan my small destination wedding to Punta Cana for December 2008. I'll be traveling there 11/29 - 12/6 and need a resort and a photographer. I'm stuck between the Paradisus Punta Cana, Melia Caribe, Bahia Ambar and the Majestic Colonial. All seem to have pros and cons and I just need a little assistance from you other picky brides!

Have to be married on the beach (i mean isn't that the dream?) and we'll just be doing a symbolic ceremony. Looking for a photographer that might down there that week or might come down there that week for the wedding day and a trash the dress session. Any interest? Any thoughts or opinions??

Look forward to your help...as I obviously need to book a resort within the next 2 weeks. Thanks ya'll!!

Hmmm, depends on exactly what you are looking for and your budget.

I know for the Melia, alot of us choose it for the gazebo. I think the Royal Service beach is a little more private than at other resorts (but I can't say for sure). If you are getting married on the beach, be prepared for the onlookers and the fact you may end up with some topless lady or guy in a speedo in the background of your photos.

The Melia resort is huge (used to be 2, now one mega) and the grounds are very pretty. Although I don't think any resort in the DR could not be beautiful. Every resort has something special about it that draws us to choose to get married there. For us, the gazebo, the gardens, price and the attempt to accommodate certain guests need to bring their children.

The's a group on Facebook for Melia Caribe Tropical Brides. I also think there's one for Majestic as well. Maybe looking at some other peoples pics will help you decide.

I had my wedding at the Paradisus Punta Cana - I was able to see the other resorts from the outside front and the back from the beach and this resort was by far the nicest. I am so grateful that I pick this resort

I used the resort photographer which was fine and a fraction of the cost per the other phtographers mentioned - there website is ccloveday.cc. If your having a small wedding then Less is More anyway and I would go with this resort for sure.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

I am actually getting married at the Grand Palladium on Nov 30. It is a beautiful resort and I loved it the last time we were there. As for the photographer, I agree that you should look into getting Photo Souvenir. That is who we got and if you contact them right away, you may be able to find out what days they have open while you are there, so when you book your wedding at whatever resort you go to, you can see if that day is available.

I think for photography, there are a lot of options. It all depends on your preference and budget. For us, I fell in love with the style of Photosouvenir's photo's and we were willing to spend the extra.

I know there is a thread in here someone posted with a list of DR photographers (let me do a quick search). One that comes to mind that is also very good is Juan Guzman: Juan Guzman-Wedding Photographer in Dominican Republic

Here's one thread: http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t7080 and another with a list on the second page: http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t23295

Quote:
Originally Posted by member08 View Post
Hey everyone! I'm trying to plan my small destination wedding to Punta Cana for December 2008. I'll be traveling there 11/29 - 12/6 and need a resort and a photographer. I'm stuck between the Paradisus Punta Cana, Melia Caribe, Bahia Ambar and the Majestic Colonial. All seem to have pros and cons and I just need a little assistance from you other picky brides!

Have to be married on the beach (i mean isn't that the dream?) and we'll just be doing a symbolic ceremony. Looking for a photographer that might down there that week or might come down there that week for the wedding day and a trash the dress session. Any interest? Any thoughts or opinions??

Look forward to your help...as I obviously need to book a resort within the next 2 weeks. Thanks ya'll!!
Hi there,

I will be in Punta Cana the week of Nov 22-29. I am in the process of booking two weddings there, one on Nov 24th at the Majestic Colonial and one at the Paradisus on Nov 27th. I will be staying at the Majestic Colonial Resort. Both brides are splitting my travel costs. I am also available to stay in Punta Cana for two weeks and photograph your wedding during the week of Nov 29 to Dec 6. If you are interested in my services you could possibly share the cost of my travel for two weeks with two other brides and it might work out even better in terms of the cost.

Here are slideshows from 3 weddings that I shot in Punta Cana in July:

Caroline and Colin

Stephanie & Terry

Christa and Darryl

Christa and Darryl

I am also going there tomorrow to photograph one wedding at the Majestic Colonial Resort.